**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I'm cool with passing on it. I think there's no logical reason to increase the PI that high for a Daily Side Quest. Road to Cavalier, perhaps. Not for the number of people between Uncollected and Cavalier. I'm cool with passing. Not worth the stress for me. If you guys like it, by all means. That's my input.

Have you tried the mutant path on epic? It's really easy.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

I'm cool with passing on it. I think there's no logical reason to increase the PI that high for a Daily Side Quest. Road to Cavalier, perhaps. Not for the number of people between Uncollected and Cavalier. I'm cool with passing. Not worth the stress for me. If you guys like it, by all means. That's my input.

I don't understand all these complaints about this event being difficult or stressful. For the last three days just for fun I have been clearing it with my 4*s. Have done the mutant, skill, and science paths. No boosts, no revives, no potions, and no stress. Most players tackling the content should have a team of 5*r4s, if not one or two r5s. GW has a rank 5 HT and should be steamrolling through the mystic path.

You are also right about the mutant path being really easy. I almost finished all of it with a 4* G2099. Died to Domino (the fight before the boss) because of unavoidable damage but she was down to 10% health too. Finished her off with AA and then used half health AA to kill the final boss Nightcrawler. The other 3 champions I brought just in case remained intact.

Let me also preemptively point out this is not a brag post. I have decent skills but nowhere close to the level of high-skilled players known to the community. I am simply stressing that the content is nowhere nearly as hard or stressful as some are making it out to be.
  • Bizzle24Bizzle24 Posts: 2
    I am extremely disappointed in the modok store. Seems like it wasn’t thought out very well for uncollected or cavalier players.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

I don't understand all these complaints about this event being difficult or stressful. For the last three days just for fun I have been clearing it with my 4*s. Have done the mutant, skill, and science paths. No boosts, no revives, no potions, and no stress. Most players tackling the content should have a team of 5*r4s, if not one or two r5s. GW has a rank 5 HT and should be steamrolling through the mystic path.

You are also right about the mutant path being really easy. I almost finished all of it with a 4* G2099. Died to Domino (the fight before the boss) because of unavoidable damage but she was down to 10% health too. Finished her off with AA and then used half health AA to kill the final boss Nightcrawler. The other 3 champions I brought just in case remained intact.

Let me also preemptively point out this is not a brag post. I have decent skills but nowhere close to the level of high-skilled players known to the community. I am simply stressing that the content is nowhere nearly as hard or stressful as some are making it out to be.
    It’s very path and matchup dependent. And I think if you have the “right” champ it’s a breeze. Running tech with Corvus usually allows you to reach the boss with 5 full health champs.

But I’ve seen others struggle with some of the different class paths.

Dr. Zola
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    This event is very bad.
    First of all, you can not see the opponents and nodes so you can build a tean and you can not restart the mission without losing the ticket.
    The rewards are not worthy for revives/boosts/units.
    I can say it is more difficult than 6.1.
    This game is more and more money grab.
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    I do it on master and its easy w 5*r4 Wasp on Mystic path. Maybe ill try Epic mutant but its not worth how hard its is, rather just get the 30 gold on epic, this'll my last time trying it on Epic. 5*r5 Hyperion even get killed after a few fights
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gotta love all these people that have never set foot in act 6 who keep saying that the side quest is harder than act 6...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Gotta love all these people that have never set foot in act 6 who keep saying that the side quest is harder than act 6...

Yeah. I haven't done Act 6, but I wouldn't say it's the same.
  • KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    How many people get Darkhawk as the boss often (for Epic)? I can get past the paths and most bosses (with some difficulty sometimes) but Darkhawk is a real pain for me. And it seems like I kept on getting this s-hole more often than others.
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    edited June 2020

Yeah. I haven't done Act 6, but I wouldn't say it's the same.
    Lol. I became cavalier with only 1 r5 and 15 20 revives. Now I have 6 r5s and lots of r4s and stuck at 6.2.6 champion. I have 100% v4 and completed v2 v3. I play map6, t5 wars. I can say most of this contents are easier, at least I know my lane and bring specific champs.

i dont remember when was the last time when I spent an item on the monthly events.

For this event, I played 4 times and had to quit 2 times. 😅
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

crogs said:

Guys, they've made the event - its over a week in. They've buffed the rewards once, they're highly unlikely to buff again. They did 1 month rank up 1 month champions / shards for ages, this month happens to be rank up focused. Its very likely next month will be shard based.

They're not pandering to the top 1%, they've been begging for better rewards and content for a year and a half now. Even then we won't receive it for another 3 months.

As for getting more 5*s, UC login calendar gives out a lot more shards than cavalier, and I'm sure most would prefer your shards over 100 6* shards.

Lets look at the list of demands at the moment.
    7.1 Rebuild
    Act 6 Rebuild
    Cavalier EQ & Side Quest
    6.2.6 Champion boss
    Buff MODOK Store
    Make MODOK labs easier
    Abyss compensation
    Intel compensation
    Fix bugs
    Finish buffing HB
    Redesign AQ
    Redesign AW
    Change arena
    More gold
    Change solo crystals
    Stop arena death matches
    Communicate with us

Probably more I can't remember too.

All whilst still in a pandemic, with protests and riots going on.. and keeping the game running. I know I'm going to get dislikes on this but be realistic. Can we expect all of that in the time frame we want? Everything needs to be planned, approved then implemented.

Not every event can be amazing, some of them are harder. Its not great timing with everything going on, spamming tags saying the same rhetorical questions isn't helping.
    This event is a loss, I'm using it for the T2A and T5B, once I've got those I'm personally calling it a day.

Let them sort themselves out, give constructive feedback. Not just scream at them with no structure. Understand their side too, its easy to expect the world from them, but they're going through exactly the same things as we are at the moment.

Finally, if you think they don't care, remember something. Its like a shop. Without us as customers, they do not have a use or job. They have a lot more invested into the success of this game, because if it fails... they lose their job.
    Let the road map come out. See if they are on the same page as us. Then, as a community we can get a picture of where the game is going.

If it's about rank up, the store sucks for uncollected players to focus on rank ups. An uncollected player can only get 7500 T5B shards. The two t2a isn't bad, but the T5B is just grossly disproportionately bad in comparison. Even cavalier wise the T5B stink adding only 15k more. That's not even a quarter of a T5B for uncollected and exactly a half a one for cavalier. And that's only after the b1tch fest. But it's about rankup this time... Got it.
    When in the history of history has a side quest ever given that amount of t2a and t5b? From recollection, the usual has become 9k t5b and 2 fully formed t2a. Uncollected players get just below that, which sucks, but for cavalier, this is a great event with more sig stones, t5b and t2a I can recall ever seeing from a side quest.
    In response to the other post that said this was all about rank up items when there are no 5 or 6* shards for uncollected, they should have more than normal rank up material. Nothing else helps at this stage. And the difference between cavalier and uncollected rewards is the largest margin I've seen yet, adding in there is zero reason not to have 5 or 6* shards for uncollected.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    For the solo event, Kabam said there isn't supposed to be anything on Sunday since "he needs his rest", that means from June 3rd to July 1st is 25 days excluding all Sundays. 25 days * 36 coins is 900 coins.

Epic gives 1800 coins, 13 Contracts is 260 coins, then 25 Solo is 900 more for a total of 2960. Kabam said 3024, that leaves 64 short, where do those come from?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

For the solo event, Kabam said there isn't supposed to be anything on Sunday since "he needs his rest", that means from June 3rd to July 1st is 25 days excluding all Sundays. 25 days * 36 coins is 900 coins.

Epic gives 1800 coins, 13 Contracts is 260 coins, then 25 Solo is 900 more for a total of 2960. Kabam said 3024, that leaves 64 short, where do those come from?

In-game deals with real money id recon
  • JinKarterJinKarter Posts: 4
    Bad event, put more ways to get coins, 4 alphas grade 2 is 1500 coins
  • PatientZeroPatientZero Posts: 15
    I need to agree with the compassionate. Even compared to last months event, this one is underwhelming. I'm a long time player and rarely miss a day. This event really has no interest and I've not even been bothering with them on most days.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Well, at least I made the most of it either way.

Nice! You got that from the awakening gem crystal? That's lucky.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Well, at least I made the most of it either way.

Nice! You got that from the awakening gem crystal? That's lucky.
    Yeah. Very lucky. Doom was the same. Pulled a Mystic the next day.
  • KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    I’ve changed my style now. I play Epic and master alternatively. Because Epic begin to get painful starting from day 2 (for me).
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Could we have more ways to earn gold coins?

You updated the MODOK Hotel in the first week of this month by adding more items (particularly, 15k 5*shards and T5B fragments) in the inventory. But we can still get the same amounts of gold coins as before, meaning that we are losing chances to buy some good items in the store if we decided to use the gold coins to buy these 15k 5*shards and T5B.

Please make the updates “parallel”, not just updates the store but keep the same total amount of gold coins we could earn.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Can we have the remaining coins converted into units? Prettyplease
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I played two daily events, and this entire side quest is just a waste of time. The PI vs reward is so unbalanced.

Worst monthly side event in my history playing this game from the beginning, and the sole time I have just taken a hard pass.

Hopefully next month is worth playing.
  • one_punch_girlone_punch_girl Posts: 24
    edited June 2020
    I agree with those who said you need the right champions to do epic. I have no problem doing it, but that's only because I have 5*r5 Corvus and Doom and 5*r4 AA. I do the tech path with Corvus and can do most bosses with AA and most times I have Doom left as backup. But I don't think it's a fair event because not everyone has been as lucky with their pulls.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    gsil6374 said:

I'm VERY luck in terms of Cosmic. I was one of the first people to get 5 star corvus (got him within 60 seconds of release), got Angela as 6 star the day 6 stars came out (I only had enough for one crystal). Also have Hyperion, Captain Marvel, and Medusa at 5/65 along with 6 star Cull. Yes, the Kabam gods blessed me with Cosmic over the other 5 classes. The tech path is obviously the one I'm doing and I do struggle sometimes. But doing it every day for these little rewards aren't even worth it for me. I imagine its harder for those who are not as fortunate as I've been. Maybe next month. Maybe

You have 5/65 Medusa, Hyperion, and Cap Marvel and still struggling with the tech path?
  • Modok hotel rewards are not even compatible to barons war and rifts such a shame rewards