**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to counter Alliances that place no defense.

Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
So this is going around a lot now, and majority of people think that you cannot beat these alliances that place no defense. Well here, i'll tell you how you can win against such alliances.

The answer is simple = DIVERSITY.
'You need to place AT LEAST 121 diverse champions to win against alliances with no defense.'

Now i'll be proving my statement here :

Before anything else though, i would like to mention here that this should NOT be possible according to what Kabam said in their Official AW update thread, as there are only around 107 Playable Characters in the game yet. (This just shows how broken their update was in the first place. They didn't even test such a simple possibility.)
BUT, as usual, some screw-up happened and diversity is being calculated per bg (which imo is better) So you can get a maximum of 150 diversity, theoretically.

1) Now first, i'll explain it with max diversity.

Say you place 50 different defenders in each BG. Per current system, the points you'll be getting would be:

Def. placement = 150 x 50 = 7500
Def. Diversity = 150 x 125 = 18750.

Total = 26250

Now there's also Def. Rating which can be around 1-2k (For 150 champs, it's around 1M for my alliance so we get around 2000 points)
So Total becomes = 28000 (rounding it off)

2) Now, what happens when an alliance places no defense at all and your defense is full.

They get points for attacker kills while you do not. (THIS is where kabam screwed up. They increased the attacker kill points, while decreasing the defender placement points and REMOVING defender kills, thus making the defense useless.)

So, Atk. kills = 150 x 150 = 22,500.

But since they have no defense, they'll miss out on all the defender-related points.

So you see, by placing all diverse champions you have an advantage of almost 6000 points.

3) For my first statement,

Least diversity req. to win = 121

Diversity = 125 x 121 = 15125
TOTAL = 22,625.

Thus, an advantage of 125 points. (even more with the defender rating points)

So basically, this is how AW scoring is ranked (after boss kills and exploration) :

1) DIVERSE/ UNIQUE DEFENDERS - Worth 175-185 points each.
2) Attacker Kills - Worth 150 points each.

P.S = All the calculations are considering that you place ALL 150 champs. If you want to place less than that, just make sure all are diverse. That way, whatever number of champions you place, you'll have an advantage over empty defense alliances.
Because 1 diverse defender = 175 points (placement + diversity. Add +10 for rating as well) while 1 attacker kill = 150 points.

P.P.S = All this is considering if both alliances clear all 3 bosses and get 100% exploration.

So to sum all this up, EACH UNIQUE DEFENDER GIVES YOU A NET +25-35 points, while EACH REPEAT DEFENDER GIVES YOU A -100.

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    He's right. I did that exact math for my ally.
    But frankly, I wish you hadn't told everyone lol
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    lmao this is what war has come to. this game became instantly stupid. thanks kabam!
    lmao this is what war has come to. this game became instantly stupid. thanks kabam!

Yep. Totally agree
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    ive been looking for a good reason to stop spending money on this game and who needs to rank up champs when you only need 6 good attackers. #gamekilled
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

Just doing my bit for the community.

Also, i forgot to mention, when both alliances get Max. Diversity, it'll be decided by Defender Rating Points.
    ive been looking for a good reason to stop spending money on this game and who needs to rank up champs when you only need 6 good attackers. #gamekilled

They made war cost less units for nonspenders and completely crushed my desire to arena grind. Now war comes down to who has bought the most crystals. While crystal buying is kabam'sbread and butter I assume, it really seems like they missed the part that people only play games for fun.

If people just wanted to do nothing but collect, they would play Pokémon go.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    This is just outright insane. Just close as, give everyone a couple thousand 5 and 4* shards and get your act together kabam
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »

Just doing my bit for the community.

Also, i forgot to mention, when both alliances get Max. Diversity, it'll be decided by Defender Rating Points.

Which will mean who has the defense with the highest prestige...aaaaaand there we go again. Yay!
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    One thing to take into account, is that those alliances placing just mini bosses and a boss, will get an additional 3150 if every champ is different which is easy to do. So I wouldn't leave that out, you almost need to hit 140 different defenders to cover.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    woah, dejavu, i feel like i just watched the Seatin video
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    woah, dejavu, i feel like i just watched the Seatin video

Yeah lol, just watched it too. Same thing. Oh well.
  • dmadge11dmadge11 Posts: 28
    This game will be dead within the year if Kabam doesn't do something very soon
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    dmadge11 wrote: »
    This game will be dead within the year if Kabam doesn't do something very soon

Technically it'll be dead by 2019, as per kabam release calendar, so it's ahead of schedule
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Every Alliance tier 1 thru 4 should have enough champs to field 50 different defenders in one group. You don't need powerful champs as you can breeze through 5* in the current system, so bring 4* like spidergwen and luke cage, doesn't really matter. Put 5 strong mini bosses and a solid boss, the rest is fodder.
    The problem with this, is that not every alliance will be able to field 50 unique defenders per defense.

Unless people are selling champs, everyone should have 50 unique defenders when u factor in 3*s and 2*s unless you are really new to the game.

Would I be excited about putting 2*s on defense? No. But ultimately, the vast majority of the nodes are so easy the difficulty of the defender doesn't matter anyway.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    #beta_tested