**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursion Hacks and Rare Hacks rated

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
So incursions is now a pretty permanent thing in game and it doesn’t look like kabam have any plans to change any of the plans within the 2-3 month period on the road map (hopefully they leave them for the rest of the year) so I thought I’d give my opinion on them as constructive criticism and also to potentially help people in the future. (As always feel free to disagree this is just one guys opinion I’m not saying this is definitive)

Categories

I will judge these based on 4 categories:
  • Usability, this is based on how many champions can use this, how much this can be used etc.
  • Practicality, this is based on how practical it is to use this hack.
  • Change, this is based on how much the hack changes, is it very minor or does it almost completely change your play style/champions abilities
  • Damage, does it give a good damage change.
Basic Hacks
These hacks are easy to get. You get two garunteed in a room. Scores here are generally lower than the rare hacks but some score tons in usability/practicality

Attack enhancement - Basic:
7/10, very useable and practical. Doesn’t change much but damage output could stack pretty fast

Attack enhancement - Heavy:
5/10, quite useable, not too practical as it requires parries and thus damage. Damage output is OK and as is ability accuracy, not a big change tbh

Attack enhancement - Light:
7/10, very useable and practical. Also very practical but damage isn’t that great

Attack enhancement - Medium:
7/10, basically the same as the light one

Attack enhancement - Special:
6/10, useable but not that practical, specials being enhanced by 20% isn’t that great compared to other Hacks. Still good though.

Attribute boost - Armour Rating:
4/10, Not great but can reduce block damage in higher tier incursions. No damage change though. Always active so completely practical

Attribute Boost - Attack:
9/10, Usable by all champions, always active so super practical, good attack boost

Attribute boost - Critical Damage rating:
6/10, Alright. Useable and practical but overall RNG dependant. Very good for Crit Bleed champions

Attribute Boost - Critical Rating:
6/10, again alright but overall not the best. Very good for champs like SW

Attribute Boost - Physical Resistance:
5/10, not great but can reduce damage from sources like Rulks heat Charges. Very good on champions like Luke Cage with base physical Resistance

Attribute Boost - Energy Resistance:
4/10 like physical resistance but with less uses. Great for Havok though, takes pretty much 0 energy damage (including Electros shock/DS attacks)

Attack Surge - Buff Count:
6/10 useless in the wrong situation but great when done right, good champions such as CMM or Silver Surfer

Attack Surge - Debuff Count:
7/10 overall more useable than Buff Count because many more champions have access to debuffs. Great for AA, BWCV and Havok

Attack Surge - Unique Buff Count:
6/10 basically a more picky version of the previous hacks, doubled bonus though and overall not bad, good for Angela

Buff Reinforcement - Fury:
7/10 great in lots of places, many champions have access to fury. Good champions such as CMM, OML, NF

Buff reinforcement - Prowess:
3/10 this hack separates buffs and passives, good for Storm PX and that’s about it. However if you already have hacks granting prowess buffs it’s not a bad one to have. Kabam if you’re reading this please change this to incorporate passives as well so much potential terrible execution

Buff Upgrade - Fury:
6/10 good for lots of scenarios but not as usable as the previous fury based hack as many furies are permanent (NF, CMM) but this is great for OML/Anihullus

Debuff reinforcement - Armour Break:
6/10 pretty good, many champs have armour break on the basic kit. Good for Medusa/CMM

Debuff Reinforcement - Bleed:
7/10 also pretty good, again loads of champs have Bleed on base. NF/OML are great here

Debuff Reinforcement - Incinerate:
5/10 less champions have incinerate on base but it’s a good pairing with Pyrokinetics or HT

Debuff Reinforcement - Shock:
3/10 pretty good but literally 2 or 3 champions have shock. Good pairing with Lightning Fists though

Debuff Upgrade - Damage Over Time:
8/10 great for all DOT champs, including NF, AA, HT, BWCV for example

Special Augmentation:
6/10 good for lots of special champions or just champions who want to throw big yellow numbers, SW, Dr Doom are great here.

Special Refund:
6/10 good. Not great but just good. Dr Doom absolutely cheeses this hack.

Rare Hacks
These hacks are rarer as you can only get half per room as the basic hacks, and that’s disregarding the possibility of a need to team heal/revive.

Attribute Boost Multiplier:
10/10 usable and practiacallity to the max. Can make a big change and can absolutely inflate your damage by tons. Pretty much perfect.

Buff Cornucopia:
10/10. Very usable as all champions with dexterity active can utilise this. And then those who activate lots of buffs on base cheese the hack with ease. Pretty much fun to the max.

Compounding Harm:
6/10 can be useful but unlike some other rare hacks isn’t really cheeseable. Nice to have though.

Impact Purge:
0/10 Where do I even start. Basically this hack will do more harm to you than your opponent. If you apply it it will nullify one of YOUR buffs. Who designed this? Basically you can’t use heavies with NF, CMM, or any champion who likes their buffs. The bleed it places is super weak as well. The only reason you should select this rare hack is if you already have Bleed enhancement, buff cornucopia (to increase the buffs you have) and someone like AA who benefits largely from DOT and gains 0 disadvantages by using parry/heavy game play. This should be removed entirely it’s practically useless and is worse for you than your opponenent.

Lightning Fists:
8/10 good, light attacks placing shocks is good, brilliantly paired with Shock Reinforcement and gives many champions an extra utility. Can be bad if you come up against Bishop/Havok though

Pyrokinetics:
8/10 also good, mediums are thrown less in the average combo but they already do more damage at base. Overall a good hack (could also be a problem with Bishop/HT)

Martial Artist:
8/10 often overlooked and very underrated. Basically a better version of Attack Enhancement Basic. No immediate difference when playing with this hack but it can do some great work.

Perpetual Offense:
7/10 actually alright. It doesn’t sound that brilliant but it can be good especially for champions like Ghost, Dr Doom and Corvus who can throw special after special. Gives a use to Buff Reinforcement - Prowess as well.

Rage Into Combat:
6/10 alright. Not the most important hack to have. I wish the Cooldown was removed then it could be cheeseable like many of the other hacks (Looking at you Buff Cornucopia)

Tide of Combat:
7/10 more use then you’d think. No silly cooldowns so can be cheesed by Anihullus or similar champions.

Top 10 List
In case you didn’t want to read all of that (I know it can be a lot) I put together this top 10. It can’t cover all the hacks but it covers the big @0 you should always try and use. Remember each champion has different interactions though so this list isn’t appropriate for everyone.
1. Buff Cornucopia
2. Attribute Boost Multiplier
3. Attribute Boost Attack
4. Martial Artist
5. Pyrokinetics
6. Lightning Fists
7. Debuff Upgrade DOT
8. Attack Enhancement Basic
9. Attack Surge - Debuff Count
10. Tide of Combat

Hope you enjoyed this and this was helpful for some. This took me ages to make so thanks for your time!

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Awesome analysis @TP33 ! I've always been a bit confused by the Attribute Boost Multiplier rare hack, how does it work?
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    Really fun to read through this :)
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Martial artist is the best rare hack overall as it applies and benefits all champs and has no disadvantages. Imo it’s 10/10.
    I personally consider buff cornucopia minor to this, mostly cause it’s not effective at most champs. Definitely, for buffed champs it’s no1 and brokenly good.
    I overall agree with most others. Nice written 🙂
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    I think you're underrating perpetual offense, I would rate it a 9/10 without a doubt.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    Can someone explain attribute boost multiplier? It says it multiplies node effects. What does that do exactly?
    edited June 2020
    Crumb3307 said:

Can someone explain attribute boost multiplier? It says it multiplies node effects. What does that do exactly?

In Incursions there are 6 nodes that boost certain values like attack, armour, physical resistance, etc.
    You've definitely seem them before but maybe you haven't noticed the name. For example:

"Attribute Boost - Critical damage rating"
    (+1000 Critical damage rating)

"Attribute Boost - Critical rating"
    (+1000 Critical rating)

"Attribute Boost - attack"
    (+20% Attack rating)

The Attribute boost multiplier rare hack boosts the potency of these nodes by 200% as it states, hope that helped!
    edited June 2020

You’re sleeping on perpetual offence. I will take it over any hack. I’ve cleared Room 8 in Sector 7 solo with Claire and that hack. With Hyperion it’s pretty much one SP2 and they are dead, it’s kind of beautiful.

Completely agree. Just by using 3 special attacks you gain 180% increased special damage, which is ridiculous. Sunspot, Ghost, Doom, Hyperion and anybody with strong special attacks benefit greatly from Prowess, but a 180% boost is like suicides x3.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    I’m I think I made a mistake on perpetual offense. I know it can be good but in lower rooms with champs like Ghost Sunspot etc they’re dead in one special anyways right?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

You’re sleeping on perpetual offence. I will take it over any hack. I’ve cleared Room 8 in Sector 7 solo with Claire and that hack. With Hyperion it’s pretty much one SP2 and they are dead, it’s kind of beautiful.

100% agree, the only time I won’t take it is if buff cornucopia is there and I’m running a buff heavy team like aegon Corvus cmm or something