**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AquavenomAquavenom Posts: 5
    edited June 2020
    @Kabam Miike How will it be claimed for those who did 100% already? Will it be a message or will it just pop up? And what will be the expiry date on the massage if there is one cause a lot of people would like to save it for 4th of July.
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    edited June 2020
    People who aren't able to 100% Abyss aren't being that heavily penalized. The difference is legit 5k 6* shards, as small price to pay given that one can chose between ten Champions of a given class.
    Reducing the total amount of shards has clearly led to some outrage, but those who haven't attempted Abyss yet, over five months after it's been released, aren't likely to be close to completing, much less exploring the Abyss. For those that are close to exploring the Abyss, they have till June 25th to do so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Hi There,
    Just a quick question. With this change, does that mean those who finished before the 25th end up with more rewards as they get the 15k 6* shards AND the selector.. or are you some how removing the 15k 6* shards from those who completed already.

I find it a little strange that those who finished before the 25th get more rewards than those coming afterward.. unless the overall difficulty has also been changed and just hasn't been mentioned yet..

Also, in the initial statement about the abyss exploration rewards.. there was only mention of adding to them.. nothing said about reducing them as well..

They're not removing any from those that have completed it, I assume. They couldn't likely because they've been opened. Those going forward will get 30k, but with the added bonus of the Selector Crystal. Fair trade-off.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If anyone wants my Agent Venom, KG, or Mephisto I got from my extra 15k shards, you're more than welcome to them
    MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    That is absolutly unfair.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    hello @Kabam Miike quick question will these champs be unique or champs thats currenly in the base pool as 6 stars
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

That is ridicilous!
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
    How can you choose your T5cc?
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    edited June 2020
    loader187 said:

So does everyone that completed the Abyss keep the 15k shards and get the new crystal? If so than why would that entice any of us to now Explore The Abyss when the initial people get more rewards.

Because... you're still getting 4 6-Star Champions?
    Along with the other rewards. Those who explored the Abyss did it without knowing they'd get these updated rewards.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Honestly, I think it’s pretty cool - you’ve got to be pretty unlucky to not get something you can use in 10 rolls of the dice. Whether they’re R2 or even R3 worthy is a different matter.

I did assume that a T5CC selector would be coming, however. I would say 99% of people who 100% AoL have a champ they want to R3 in a couple of classes but probably not all 6. That was the only real way to guarantee immediate use out of AoL. There will be people who get that crystal and find themselves with a choice between Groot, Rhino, Cable, Xforce, Hulk, Civil Warrior, Abomination, Daredevil etc.

The real question regarding this crystal I’d like to know, however is will all 10 rolls be different? Eg I won’t see 2 Cables in the reel.

5/10, would have been so easy to make it a 10/10 though.