**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

No more fair than the people that got to rank up new champs with 2015 gems after V1. Or no more fair that people that did abyss early dealt with bugged marvel, gulk, and IW. No more fair they also had the benefit of using aegon when he was bugged.
    There are always pros and cons to doing stuff early in a game. This situation has both.

Do these unfair situations justify another unfair decision?
    I can’t see the logic behind that. It’s like saying “ it was always done unfair, why should be done fair now?”
    Just means that some times life isn't "fair". Sometimes you're on the positive and sometimes on the negative side.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    The crystal gives a lot better chances to pull what your looking for which is great but should have just left the shards as well. Still an improvement for sure
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    That is absolutly unfair.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
    How can you choose your T5cc?
    You choose the Champ you want. Who said the Cat must be choice as well?
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125

People who aren't able to 100% Abyss aren't being that heavily penalized. The difference is legit 5k 6* shards, as small price to pay given that one can chose between ten Champions of a given class.
    Reducing the total amount of shards has clearly led to some outrage, but those who haven't attempted Abyss yet, over five months after it's been released, aren't likely to be close to completing, much less exploring the Abyss. For those that are close to exploring the Abyss, they have till June 25th to do so.

Just fyi 45k-30k = 15k.. so not 5k difference.. but 15k difference.. The specifically stated this difference in the announcement on the forums.. maybe you haven't read it..
    You're neglecting the fact that in lieu of those 15k shards, you're getting a 6-Star Crystal, which is work 10k 6-Star Shards. So, for those who haven't explored the Abyss yet, it's a difference of 5k shards.
  • AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107
    Rather you not update the rewards if this is what its gonna be. No way is this fair for the community. Cant believe this is how your gonna "update" rewards. 15k more 6* shards for those that have already 100%.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Hi There,
    Just a quick question. With this change, does that mean those who finished before the 25th end up with more rewards as they get the 15k 6* shards AND the selector.. or are you some how removing the 15k 6* shards from those who completed already.

I find it a little strange that those who finished before the 25th get more rewards than those coming afterward.. unless the overall difficulty has also been changed and just hasn't been mentioned yet..

Also, in the initial statement about the abyss exploration rewards.. there was only mention of adding to them.. nothing said about reducing them as well..

They're not removing any from those that have completed it, I assume. They couldn't likely because they've been opened. Those going forward will get 30k, but with the added bonus of the Selector Crystal. Fair trade-off.
    Thanks for your response.. I realize I didn't tag anyone.. but was looking for a response from someone with actual information and not someone who could only make assumptions.. as they "aren't" employed by the company..

Also.. there is actually no trade off for those who completed prior to the date set.. so I don't know if that would really be considered fair..
    I'm just using common sense. Since you seem to have a tone with me, good luck with your question.
    Duff12475 said:

How bout adding a NEGATIVE 15,000 shards to 100% players? Then that would be fair

Oh so if and when they reduce Act 6 difficulty, you cool with them nerfing the rewards bc those that are already finished with it had a harder time?
    Monk1 said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Are you just trying to wind people up.. the new crystals is a great addition.. but taking 15k shards away and allowing others who have already done the content to keep them is the worst decision I’ve heard in ages.

The point was to encourage people to do it, not further alienate people with blatant unfair practices. 15k shards is not game breaking but in principle it is disgusting behaviour.

I dread to think the ** they will come up
    With if decide to re balance act 6
    Hopefully if they decide to rebalance Act 6, they'll learn from this, and won't remove any of the current rewards.
    Duff12475 said:

How bout adding a NEGATIVE 15,000 shards to 100% players? Then that would be fair

If they penalized those who had already put time and effort into exploring the Abyss, the outrage would probably be even greater. Better to upset those who haven't done the content than those who have, I suppose,
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    edited June 2020

Duff12475 said:

If they penalized those who had already put time and effort into exploring the Abyss, the outrage would probably be even greater. Better to upset those who haven't done the content than those who have, I suppose,
    thats because its the whales that have already 100%the Abyss and they dont want to upset the whales. its also funny that this change comes before July 4th where some people will get units and could 100 the Abyss. Does this mean if I 100 the Abyss before June 25th I get the 15k and the Crystal?
    loader187 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

People who aren't able to 100% Abyss aren't being that heavily penalized. The difference is legit 5k 6* shards, as small price to pay given that one can chose between ten Champions of a given class.
    Reducing the total amount of shards has clearly led to some outrage, but those who haven't attempted Abyss yet, over five months after it's been released, aren't likely to be close to completing, much less exploring the Abyss. For those that are close to exploring the Abyss, they have till June 25th to do so.

Just fyi 45k-30k = 15k.. so not 5k difference.. but 15k difference.. The specifically stated this difference in the announcement on the forums.. maybe you haven't read it..

Lol but you get a crystal back, so that's at least a 10k shard value. So the correct math is 45k-30k+10k = 5k
    thats not the correct math when the people that already did the Abyss get the 15k and the crystal.
    Yes, those who have already explored the Abyss will essentially have gotten 15k extra 6* shards, but the changes to the rewards themselves is again, a difference of 5k shards.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,415 ★★★★★

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

That is ridicilous!
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
    We're asking the option to know which champ to target. When you spend that much for 100% exploration, it makes sense.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Good solution. it just sucks that your chances get worse as time goes on. If you plan on getting mystic and they add 4 mystics this year your chances reduce significantly.
    loader187 said:

Duff12475 said:

thats because its the whales that have already 100%the Abyss and they dont want to upset the whales. its also funny that this change comes before July 4th where some people will get units and could 100 the Abyss. Does this mean if I 100 the Abyss before June 25th I get the 15k and the Crystal?
    Yes.

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

That is ridicilous!
    We're asking the option to know which champ to target. When you spend that much for 100% exploration, it makes sense.
    I understand the thought behind that and agree but in the end this is still a win for someone going through this. You'll eventually form every class of catalyst you won't necessarily eventually get or even get a good shot at a specific champ you want. People know who they want regardless of what catalysts they have. Yes, this would definitely be MUCH better if you could open all your t5c (at least you'll still have opened 1) but is still a very positive change for the vast majority of players.

Personally it really doesn't do much for me but I'm glad that other people that have been wanting better odds at 6*s they want will have that option now. This is exactly what people have been asking for just not delivered particularly well.