**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @kabam, unless you are giving people the power to pick the 10 champs for the abyss crystal selector pool, this change is not going to offer any significant incentive.
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 43
    @Kabam Miike are the 10 champions the same for everyone or is it randomized? If both me and an alliance mate both choose skill, will we have the same 10 champions to choose from?
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    McCloud33 said:

@Kabam Miike are the 10 champions the same for everyone or is it randomized? If both me and an alliance mate both choose skill, will we have the same 10 champions to choose from?

It's randomized.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

loader187 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

People who aren't able to 100% Abyss aren't being that heavily penalized. The difference is legit 5k 6* shards, as small price to pay given that one can chose between ten Champions of a given class.
    Reducing the total amount of shards has clearly led to some outrage, but those who haven't attempted Abyss yet, over five months after it's been released, aren't likely to be close to completing, much less exploring the Abyss. For those that are close to exploring the Abyss, they have till June 25th to do so.

Just fyi 45k-30k = 15k.. so not 5k difference.. but 15k difference.. The specifically stated this difference in the announcement on the forums.. maybe you haven't read it..

Lol but you get a crystal back, so that's at least a 10k shard value. So the correct math is 45k-30k+10k = 5k
    thats not the correct math when the people that already did the Abyss get the 15k and the crystal.

As someone who has yet to complete the abyss, this is a very unhealthy attitude. The fact that others got an extra 15k shards has no impact on me. I'm happy that when I do go for exploration, I can count on a tradeoff in rewards that work in my favor (other than the total BS of choosing the class before seeing the rest of my rewards, and that I can still get shafted by having no t5cc I can use immediately)
    Yeah, while I don't understand the need of removing any shards really, I don't see how people don't see this as a win especially for those that aren't whales with stacked 6* rosters already.

This change does essentially nothing for me but for someone unlucky enough to not have any 6* champs they really want to invest in, it's a huge win. Regardless of what catalysts you pull from abyss, you'll eventually form them all. This way you at least have a really good shot at getting a champ you want to invest in and will either get the catalyst from abyss hopefully or will eventually no matter what
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    So seems like a lot of people are mad at this because
    1) less 6* shards
    2) Feel unfair people who completed early get extra rewards

perhaps to balance that aspect out Kabam could of looked to create a 1 time purchasable crystal for those that had 100% Abyss for the cost of 15k 6* shards. Thus effectively balancing the rewards for all. I can't see this being an issue for those who had completed 100% abyss as having the ability to choose from 10 champions in a set class is pretty dam awesome for 15k Shards. That's the equivalent of spinning 10 crystals on a very small sub set of champions. I am also assuming you won't get duplicates as i've never seen that from the nexus crystals. so thats 10 unique champion choices to choose from. ( If Kabam Mike can confirm that champion choices are not duplicates).

Taking all the above out of the equation, i think the change it self is good. 15k 6* shards for a 10 champion class selector 6* is definitely a huge improvement and a step in the right direction. You want to be satisfied and rewarded for completing content and currently with all the RNG in end game rewards you can complete the most difficult content in the game and feel sad because you didn't get anything which is useful for you right now.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Why force us to open the crystal before the t5cc? That is just plain obtuse and sadistic.

I bet its bc they dont have the "tech" for it yet :D
    Same as other Class Selectors you need to insta choose. I dont like that at all
    Duff12475 said:

Duff12475 said:

How bout adding a NEGATIVE 15,000 shards to 100% players? Then that would be fair

If they penalized those who had already put time and effort into exploring the Abyss, the outrage would probably be even greater. Better to upset those who haven't done the content than those who have, I suppose,

How bout keep both types of players happy with the update??!!

And the negative shards was just a joke.
    Given the player reaction, keeping the 15k or at least only removing 10k would probably have been the better option.
    At this point, I'd put it this way. Would you pay 15k, or even 25k shards to purchase a 6-Star Crystal that guarantees a selection of 10 different Champions of a selected Class?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    Soooooo dumb. I thought you guys were trying to win back the player base. This is not how to do it.

You are rewarding the whales and penalizing everyone else. Why not just reward and celebrate everyone equally?

It boggles my mind that you think this is a significant improvement. If you can't increase the chance that the t5cc match the class of 6* that you would rank, there is limited incentive for non-whale players to do the content.

I did one pass and got a skill t5cc. My only skill class 6* was vegan thor, FOR months...
    Your question highlights a possible answer. You have a Skill T5CC that you didn't want to use for months. If you still have it, you have the choice to choose a Skill Abyss Nexus crystal. From there, you can choose one of the 10 Champs you might want to take up. If you're really looking to chase a certain Champion, then maybe you decide to choose a different Class that you don't have a T5CC for yet. Abyss is not the only place to get T5CC, and every one of those is valuable and useable.

The reason we went this direction with the Rewards update, and not with T5CC selection is because regardless of if you have a Champion to use your Skill T5CC on, it's still just as good as any other Skill T5CC. You will use it eventually. But if you open your 6-Star Crystal and get Groot, you're not likely to use him until he gets a Buff someday, and are going to be disappointed in the work you put in to get him.

No, we are not going to remove Champions from the 6-Star Base pool, but we are looking at many solutions to mitigate that feeling. This is just one of them.
    Honestly, outside of adding a T5CC selector this is definitely the best option, potentially pretty fun too.

The one question I have is - if I choose skill for example, will each champion in the reel be unique? 2 versions of Black Panther wouldn’t pop up in positions 3 and 6 for instance?

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    That is absolutly unfair.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
    How can you choose your T5cc?
    You choose the Champ you want. Who said the Cat must be choice as well?
    We're asking the option to know which champ to target. When you spend that much for 100% exploration, it makes sense.
    I understand the thought behind that and agree but in the end this is still a win for someone going through this. You'll eventually form every class of catalyst you won't necessarily eventually get or even get a good shot at a specific champ you want. People know who they want regardless of what catalysts they have. Yes, this would definitely be MUCH better if you could open all your t5c (at least you'll still have opened 1) but is still a very positive change for the vast majority of players.

Personally it really doesn't do much for me but I'm glad that other people that have been wanting better odds at 6*s they want will have that option now. This is exactly what people have been asking for just not delivered particularly well.
    I agree that it's a positive change. I like the crystal. Definitely a step in the right direction. But they went about it in the wrong way. Reducing shards and making you open the crystal first is just plain wrong. Instead of being taken as a positive change which is was supposed to be, it has instead again created a difference between the player base.
    Like I said, not delivered particularly well at all lol.

Regardless I think people would be a lot better off not always just focusing on the negative aspect of everything. In the end this is a big plus especially for those that aren't heavy spenders. They have really good odds at targeting a champ while not really giving the "whales" any more advantage. They have most of the champs they need already so giving out a t5c selector just gives me my 7th R3. This change does nothing for me personally but a whole lot for a lot more people
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Duff12475 said:

Duff12475 said:

How bout adding a NEGATIVE 15,000 shards to 100% players? Then that would be fair

If they penalized those who had already put time and effort into exploring the Abyss, the outrage would probably be even greater. Better to upset those who haven't done the content than those who have, I suppose,

How bout keep both types of players happy with the update??!!

And the negative shards was just a joke.
    Given the player reaction, keeping the 15k or at least only removing 10k would probably have been the better option.
    At this point, I'd put it this way. Would you pay 15k, or even 25k shards to purchase a 6-Star Crystal that guarantees a selection of 10 different Champions of a selected Class?
    I don’t think anybody would argue this is a great addition and worth 15k shards.. the issue is not that.

The problem is those who have already done it are getting 15k shards more that those that complete it next month. There is no need for this.. just add the crystal and celebrate everyone being happy.
    Knation said:

Ebony_Naw said:

loader187 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

People who aren't able to 100% Abyss aren't being that heavily penalized. The difference is legit 5k 6* shards, as small price to pay given that one can chose between ten Champions of a given class.
    Reducing the total amount of shards has clearly led to some outrage, but those who haven't attempted Abyss yet, over five months after it's been released, aren't likely to be close to completing, much less exploring the Abyss. For those that are close to exploring the Abyss, they have till June 25th to do so.

Just fyi 45k-30k = 15k.. so not 5k difference.. but 15k difference.. The specifically stated this difference in the announcement on the forums.. maybe you haven't read it..

Lol but you get a crystal back, so that's at least a 10k shard value. So the correct math is 45k-30k+10k = 5k
    thats not the correct math when the people that already did the Abyss get the 15k and the crystal.

As someone who has yet to complete the abyss, this is a very unhealthy attitude. The fact that others got an extra 15k shards has no impact on me. I'm happy that when I do go for exploration, I can count on a tradeoff in rewards that work in my favor (other than the total BS of choosing the class before seeing the rest of my rewards, and that I can still get shafted by having no t5cc I can use immediately)
    Yeah, while I don't understand the need of removing any shards really, I don't see how people don't see this as a win especially for those that aren't whales with stacked 6* rosters already.

This change does essentially nothing for me but for someone unlucky enough to not have any 6* champs they really want to invest in, it's a huge win. Regardless of what catalysts you pull from abyss, you'll eventually form them all. This way you at least have a really good shot at getting a champ you want to invest in and will either get the catalyst from abyss hopefully or will eventually no matter what
    A big problem is that you don’t know if you’ll be able to r3 them because you have to chose the class before you open the t5cc
    Sure your likely to get a good r2 champ but if you have abyss 100% your not looking for 6* r2 you are looking for r3s
    You'll be able to R3 them eventually. Catalysts are an eventual gurantee, champions (at least currently) are not.

Haji_Saab said:

Soooooo dumb. I thought you guys were trying to win back the player base. This is not how to do it.

You are rewarding the whales and penalizing everyone else. Why not just reward and celebrate everyone equally?

It boggles my mind that you think this is a significant improvement. If you can't increase the chance that the t5cc match the class of 6* that you would rank, there is limited incentive for non-whale players to do the content.

I did one pass and got a skill t5cc. My only skill class 6* was vegan thor, FOR months...
    Your question highlights a possible answer. You have a Skill T5CC that you didn't want to use for months. If you still have it, you have the choice to choose a Skill Abyss Nexus crystal. From there, you can choose one of the 10 Champs you might want to take up. If you're really looking to chase a certain Champion, then maybe you decide to choose a different Class that you don't have a T5CC for yet. Abyss is not the only place to get T5CC, and every one of those is valuable and useable.

The reason we went this direction with the Rewards update, and not with T5CC selection is because regardless of if you have a Champion to use your Skill T5CC on, it's still just as good as any other Skill T5CC. You will use it eventually. But if you open your 6-Star Crystal and get Groot, you're not likely to use him until he gets a Buff someday, and are going to be disappointed in the work you put in to get him.

No, we are not going to remove Champions from the 6-Star Base pool, but we are looking at many solutions to mitigate that feeling. This is just one of them.
    Let's hope that at least one of the "many solutions to mitigate that feeling" sparks less outrage than this one. I'm still hopeful, and glad to hear they've acknowledged and are working on different solutions to lessen the impact RNG can have on players.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Knation said:

MCOC_2020 said:

Haji_Saab said:

That is absolutly unfair.
    You are saying, that you want a fair competition and the fairness now is, that everyone exploring the abyss after the 25th gettin 15k 6* shards less?

That is ridicilous!
    For that 15k, you get a Crystal that gives you a choice of one of 10 Champs. That currently doesn't exist in the game. Really nothing to be upset about.
    Well it’s more the fact that people who already 100% it know what t5cc they have and so can choose accordingly people who 100% after the change cannot
    If they have one, they know what they want. If they don't, then they can choose what they're going for. It's not that hard of a choice. 6 Classes. We all know what we're gunning for.
    How can you choose your T5cc?
    You choose the Champ you want. Who said the Cat must be choice as well?
    We're asking the option to know which champ to target. When you spend that much for 100% exploration, it makes sense.
    I understand the thought behind that and agree but in the end this is still a win for someone going through this. You'll eventually form every class of catalyst you won't necessarily eventually get or even get a good shot at a specific champ you want. People know who they want regardless of what catalysts they have. Yes, this would definitely be MUCH better if you could open all your t5c (at least you'll still have opened 1) but is still a very positive change for the vast majority of players.

Personally it really doesn't do much for me but I'm glad that other people that have been wanting better odds at 6*s they want will have that option now. This is exactly what people have been asking for just not delivered particularly well.
    I agree that it's a positive change. I like the crystal. Definitely a step in the right direction. But they went about it in the wrong way. Reducing shards and making you open the crystal first is just plain wrong. Instead of being taken as a positive change which is was supposed to be, it has instead again created a difference between the player base.
    Like I said, not delivered particularly well at all lol.

Regardless I think people would be a lot better off not always just focusing on the negative aspect of everything. In the end this is a big plus especially for those that aren't heavy spenders. They have really good odds at targeting a champ while not really giving the "whales" any more advantage. They have most of the champs they need already so giving out a t5c selector just gives me my 7th R3. This change does nothing for me personally but a whole lot for a lot more people
    I agree, but it does create a problem. Does that mean that in the future, every time they update Rewards newer players get the short end? Because if they do it once, they can do it again. And that's a bad standard to keep. It forces people to complete content earlier on if they would want the full rewards plus POSSIBLE additional rewards, thus again creating the problem of folks complaining if they do content without the right roster or time taken to plan.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    This is definitely a controversial change it seems from what I can gather there’s two sides. A lot of the YouTubers think it’s a fine change. And then us on the forums who don’t like it. This is definitely gonna be a intriguing debate to watch. But I’m not getting involved