**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Further evidence of targeted deals

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
So I was looking to take up Elsa Bloodstone to at least R4. Now I’ll need 7 T4CC and I’m one off. I’m very close to forming another skill so I’m fine with that. But look at this offer I got
Completely random? I think not!

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    In the real world that’s how people who run ads make money. You know how when you talk about how you are running low on dog food and then a YouTube ad shows you some petco ad? It’s maximizing efficiency to have personalized ads, and the same goes for your case.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Conspirancy theories are not allowed here.
    No, it's not targeted. That isn't an evidence of anything,
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    So kabam turned on their cerebro and read your mind to figure out - from your whole roster - that elsa was set to be your next rank up. Then they sent you a cash offer to get the t4cc you're missing because they knew (from reading your mind) that you weren't going to open a bunch of aq, glory, or t4cc crystals to get them. Interesting theory.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    It's called "kabam doing their job" to ensure a steady stream of revenu by offering players the needed ressources that will enhanced their playing experience, if they desire to do so, in exchange of a simple fee.

Big Data Marketing + direct sales Marketing
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Let's move on to another type of targeted deal (a deal for the mass population of MCOC player) .... a Youtube influencer will post a video on line about the "best champs" to awaken...... and the next day, in your inbox, you get a offer for AG....

Well it could be random coincidence, but then it could not! Nothing wrong with this either!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Still short. :/

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

That deal is so so bad

That deal is so so bad
    Well 300 units for a chance for 6-Star and getting mostly 3-Stars :wink:

If it was 2500 5-Star shards, maybe can try. :D
    Could not resist!

My account is flooded with Cosmics. :o
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    TP33 said:

So I was looking to take up Elsa Bloodstone to at least R4. Now I’ll need 7 T4CC and I’m one off. I’m very close to forming another skill so I’m fine with that. But look at this offer I got
    Completely random? I think not!

So.... you needed something and the game gave you the ability to get what you need but the choice is still yours to wait and acquire it another way or to buy now?

Yeah, that’s called marketing. And Bravo to them for doing so. Marketing to people gets people who will spend, to spend, so that those that don’t want to spend can still play the game for absolutely free.

I’ll take the 2 seconds it takes to close out a deal rather than have to sit through 30 second advertisements every 5th fight. Because that’s the other option....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    I'm struggling to understand what the thread is trying to communicate. "Further evidence of targeted deals" makes it seem like we need evidence to prove targeted deals happen or that Kabam has denied targeted deals happen. These have been known to happen for quite some time. They are triggered by things you do in the game. There's nothing conspiratorial about it. When you get close to forming a catalyst you'll sometimes randomly get an offer for fragments of that specific catalyst type. When you pull a champ of a certain class you'll randomly sometimes get rank up offers for rank up materials for that class. These have been happening for a very long time now, and are triggered by very obvious triggering events if you pay attention to them. When I periodically clear out bunches of crystals I can trigger an endless parade of them
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I'm struggling to understand what the thread is trying to communicate. "Further evidence of targeted deals" makes it seem like we need evidence to prove targeted deals happen or that Kabam has denied targeted deals happen. These have been known to happen for quite some time. They are triggered by things you do in the game. There's nothing conspiratorial about it. When you get close to forming a catalyst you'll sometimes randomly get an offer for fragments of that specific catalyst type. When you pull a champ of a certain class you'll randomly sometimes get rank up offers for rank up materials for that class. These have been happening for a very long time now, and are triggered by very obvious triggering events if you pay attention to them. When I periodically clear out bunches of crystals I can trigger an endless parade of them

Is that logic and reason I smell? Can't be that.. it's the forums
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Over time I have already formed a self-acknowledgment that those pop-up deals are basically garbage. Only a very rare occasions I’d think twice, such as 320 units for 1000 five star shards (one year before the cost was 270 units).

OP considered the deal is targeted and I think so too. If this is not targeted, then what’s the point of pop-up deal? Why not making it generally available? Price/Product differentiation are purposely to extract your “economic rent” “consumer surplus” according to economic theory. Would you say FB advertisement is not targeted? If you still considered it is not then I’d think of Natasha Romanoff‘s words: Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Idk what I created this thread for. I think it was becuase I was just surprised that the algorithm managed to figure out I needed a skill T4