**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on 5 Star Vision Classic to Rank 5

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited May 2020 in Strategy and Tips
For those of you who have a 5 Star Vision (classic - Awakened) at Rank 5 - is he still a worthwhile addition to your roster?

I have him at Rank 4 and seems to hit fairly weakly so I’m wondering if his double immunity really outweighs the poor damage output.

Please add comments if you actually have a 5 Star Vision at Rank 5 - I’d specifically like to know if you still use him in your regular rotation of general questing, AQ, or AW.

Thoughts on 5 Star Vision Classic to Rank 5 25 votes

He’s a great 5 Star to take to Rank 5
40%
Jim0172OMC_PintoOsfan8MenkentpseudosaneMidnite93Mother_FlerkenFenicoSpideyFunkoFluffy_paws 10 votes
He’s okay but don’t take him to Rank 5
44%
bloodyCainLvernon15Kaboom_kaboom1978VishColonaut123LordRaymond3EtjamaPali32Giodood_1altavistaRap027 11 votes
You’d be a fool to take him to Rank 5 given the current endgame meta
16%
Ab_SamadKoiBoy184dlaiDominic518 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    He’s a champ with a particular skill set. Power control on every special AND the ability to have great power gain at high sig level. He’s certainly not a hard hitter and needs to be r5 to be usable in end game content.

Why would you invest money to buy him if you aren’t going to rank him up and use him?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    You invested money, you should rank him up. He’s rare, has power control and double immunities.

Dew it
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Osfan8 said:

He’s a champ with a particular skill set. Power control on every special AND the ability to have great power gain at high sig level. He’s certainly not a hard hitter and needs to be r5 to be usable in end game content.

Why would you invest money to buy him if you aren’t going to rank him up and use him?

I invested units rather than money but I see your point about the investment of valuable resources to access him. When I saw it took me 400+ hits to take down RoL Winter Soldier, it made me sad.

Anyone with a Rank 5 - can you tell me how many hits it takes to take down Winter Soldier?
  • Options
    MarvsbdMarvsbd Posts: 55
    I use mine a lot in AW attack, Tier 4. Helps a lot with Flow global node. He has good synergy with Warlock, increased 60% attack at times which is nice. He is not my top champ, but useful to have so no regrets. Needs a high sig, great that you can ensure your opponent never gets a special! He destroys Hyperion.
  • Options
    Would there be an offer for the OG 5* Vision on the 4th of July? I'll be waiting to dupe him. Can use him on the AQ.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    I wouldn't recommend leveling him up because you like his double immunities. Of the champions with double immunities and power control, Warlock comes to mind as being a lot better. Same double immunities (plus a few more), not as good power control, but drastically better damage output.

His main utility - power drain - doesn't really require him to be rank 5.

There are many more tech champions deserving of rank 5.

I have kept mine at R4, and take him occasionally with me for general questing, more as a synergy partner or power control. He has shown use sporadically in general questing, such as in Epic event quests.

• Options
    OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    I would say its more dependent on your roster but otherwise he is a great champ. Duel immunity and easy power control. When you pair him with Void he actually hits quite hard. If you have other immune champs or power control there may be other options but he is incredibly versatile.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    He is more a synergy champion: Warlock, Vision Aarkus, CAIW, IMIW and Void. So if you need the above synergies and don't want to waste a spot, then yeah. But he doesn't need rank 5 to do that.