**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@Kabam Miike

Sorry for tagging but i feel like my suggestion of implementing the change to appease majority of concerns kind of got lost in the thread, and wanted to get your thoughts on my suggestion and if it was something you guys would consider.

What if you made this new crystal available as a one time purchasable crystal only available upon 100% abyss for 15k 6* shards.
    - This means the rewards are even across the board for all players so no one is getting more then others. Those who have already done abyss and spent their 6* will simply save up 15k shards and trade it in for the crystal.
    - It allows players to get the crystal after the T5CC selector allowing them more choice in their decision and giving them a greater chance to utilize the rewards from 100% AoL.

the biggest complaints in this thread is about fairness in access to same rewards and also not being able to make the choice after the selector. This would tackle both issues in a way which i think is fair and also keeps in line with your plans to reduce the 6* shards to 30K and adding the new crystal in place keeping the in game economy status quo in check.

You could also implement it on a time based offer scenario if you do not wish people to hoard this choice so that it is available for say 7 days after completing AoL or

Interesting idea but they have already told players who did 100% that they would get this crystal. I don't want them to have to now pay 15k 6* shards in order to get it. The option to have 15k shards instead of the nexus isn't really a benefit as you'd be insane to just pop a basic or featured crystal instead of the nexus. If I'm not getting 15k shards I'd rather leave it at that than take 15k shards away from other people. Leaving the 15k for everyone would be best but if they won't do that there's nothing for it.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    true now its been announced it has basically created this I get a free crystal scenario.

Having not done abyss 100% I can't give that perspective either.

But you can also view it as unlocking of rewards, just like cavalier and uncollected. I can't imagine people not willing to spend the shards for it.

But even giving all those who have completed AoL 100% this crystal for free, implementing something like this for the rest of the players at least give them the choice to get this after the other rewards for 100%.

SparkAlot said:

I find it funny that when other people complain about RNG based rewards in other events, lots of the very same people posting in this thread say that is what the game is all about.

Now, since you are doing the same work, and not getting the same rewards, those exact same people throw a hissy fit? Hypocrites.

For the record, I think all events should get the same awards, no silly RNG determining your fate on the quantity of rewards you will get. 5 sig stones vs a 5* featured in the last rift as an example shouldn't have happened.

Here, the people that went first get 15K more shards. The people that do the content after the date specified don't get those 15K shards. It is the whole 5 sig stones vs a 5* featured again.

It's not really the same. With RNG everyone at least has the same potential rewards. You might say its stupid that some get good RNG and some get **** from doing the same content, but it isn't unfair. Not the same as just flat out getting 15k fewer 6* shards in the guaranteed rewards.
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    Kabam, this is not logical, right, and fair way to release the new rewards. You wonder why so many people are outraged and quitting the game....

Do not give the Nexus Crystal to those who’ve already 100% if you are taking away the 15k 6* shards from those who have yet to 100%. Seems quite unfair to those who aren’t finished, as they get LESS rewards. A massive slap in the face, IMO. The people still working on finishing are giving the same effort as those who’ve finished; spreading the Abyss over months instead of finishing in days doesn’t mean remove the current rewards and give the others a bonus. Many who’ve already finished got their bonus with Legends.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If it’s about being fair.

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Mauled said:

Haji_Saab said:

Sooo people who have already 100% gets extra 15k 6* shards ...

Why? this was never announced that if you do Abyss early you will get extra rewards

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.
    Soooooo dumb. I thought you guys were trying to win back the player base. This is not how to do it.

You are rewarding the whales and penalizing everyone else. Why not just reward and celebrate everyone equally?

It boggles my mind that you think this is a significant improvement. If you can't increase the chance that the t5cc match the class of 6* that you would rank, there is limited incentive for non-whale players to do the content.

I did one pass and got a skill t5cc. My only skill class 6* was vegan thor, FOR months...
    Your question highlights a possible answer. You have a Skill T5CC that you didn't want to use for months. If you still have it, you have the choice to choose a Skill Abyss Nexus crystal. From there, you can choose one of the 10 Champs you might want to take up. If you're really looking to chase a certain Champion, then maybe you decide to choose a different Class that you don't have a T5CC for yet. Abyss is not the only place to get T5CC, and every one of those is valuable and useable.

The reason we went this direction with the Rewards update, and not with T5CC selection is because regardless of if you have a Champion to use your Skill T5CC on, it's still just as good as any other Skill T5CC. You will use it eventually. But if you open your 6-Star Crystal and get Groot, you're not likely to use him until he gets a Buff someday, and are going to be disappointed in the work you put in to get him.

No, we are not going to remove Champions from the 6-Star Base pool, but we are looking at many solutions to mitigate that feeling. This is just one of them.
    Honestly, outside of adding a T5CC selector this is definitely the best option, potentially pretty fun too.

The one question I have is - if I choose skill for example, will each champion in the reel be unique? 2 versions of Black Panther wouldn’t pop up in positions 3 and 6 for instance?
    I mean, there are 2 versions of Black Panther, but you wouldn't get 2 Black Panther (Civil War), or 2 Nick Fury. They will be unique.
    Why can you address this but not the serious issue of not being able to open our t5cc first?
    That was addressed here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1257792/#Comment_1257792

We are not looking to solve both cases of RNG. This game is built on Randomized Crystals, and that is not going to change anytime soon. We wanted to tackle the more important source of frustration in this case.
    Lmao so opening t5cc first means that it isn’t randomised anymore? So ingrained in this RNG comes first mentality that you can’t see how it hurts players. This is such a simple thing, how is the game broken if in this one and only instance players are allowed something that isn’t totally in the hands of RNG.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    milomike said:

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    Oh so I get to unuse my AGs and T5c that I used weeks/months ago? I missed that part of the announcement
    milomike said:

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Kabam still can’t make universally good decisions for the player base, can’t wait to see the roadmap now😂

Still finding things players can’t have, instead of just making people happy.
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92

milomike said:

If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

If they spent their t5cc, they likely used it on champs that are worthy. If they didn’t, they should’ve waited. Using AGs and rank up materials on lesser champs is a choice, nobody twisted their arm into doing so.
  • milomike said:

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    this entire thread would be non-existent if they just left the 15k shards. 15k 6* shards when so much of the pool is trash is pretty meaningless in the scheme of things.

i understand the feeling of missing out on the 15k shards, but the abyss nexus way way way overshadows the loss of 15k 6* shards imo. they really should just leave the 15k shards in, but if they go through with taking it away, it's very unlikely that it's going to affect somebody's account progression one way or another; especially somebody who's got the roster to explore aol.
    @culturalreference1 I agree. I quoted you and posted simply "I agree" but that comment was removed for moderation lmao.

milomike said:

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

It’s cool that you aren’t very concerned, but I’m speaking to those who are.
  • Aykut_TAykut_T Posts: 39
    "Class5 Seçici" kesinlikle olmalıydı!!!
    Nexus zaten bekliyorduk ancak 45.000 parçanın 15.000 parçasını silip yerine 1 tane Nexus veriliyor ( 3 değil 10 karakter gelecek ekrana )

Ama yine de, zaten bitiren oyuncuların kristal içeriğinden memnun olmadıkları için değiştirme kararı aldılar, 65.000 parçadan iyi hero bulamayan adam 50.000 parçadan nasıl bulacak? Nexus konusuna gelince, 10 tane hero gelecek ekrana ama oyun zaten 10-15 hero etrafında dönüyor 150 farklı hero olduğunu düşünürsek yine işe yaramayacak bi değişiklik. Ve sadece bu kadar olması ayrı hayal kırıklığı.
    Boş yere ödül güncellemesi olacak deyip oyuncuları heyecanlandırdı, şimdi durduk yere sinir ediyor.

milomike said:

this entire thread would be non-existent if they just left the 15k shards. 15k 6* shards when so much of the pool is trash is pretty meaningless in the scheme of things.

i understand the feeling of missing out on the 15k shards, but the abyss nexus way way way overshadows the loss of 15k 6* shards imo. they really should just leave the 15k shards in, but if they go through with taking it away, it's very unlikely that it's going to affect somebody's account progression one way or another; especially somebody who's got the roster to explore aol.
    I agree.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

milomike said:

Oh so I get to unuse my AGs and T5c that I used weeks/months ago? I missed that part of the announcement
    You're argument for players not to get the same shards is because you used your rewards already ?

Quite frankly this is a ridiculous thing to say.

You chose to do Abyss with the rewards as they were. You have gained an advantage over other players by doing abyss early as well, which is part of the appeal for so many to have done it, to get those R3 champs as well as prestige purposes.

You argument is along the lines of someone saying this
    "Kabam should just not give you the crystal. You accepted the rewards as there were right. So you had no issue with the initial rewards. "

Honestly it comes across as selfish and self entitled.

Had Kabam left things as they were this thread wouldn't even have existed. Usually changes to rewards never leave players missing out. Even when changes to rewards were made across previous acts all players got bonus rewards via in game mail.

I have not done abyss yet and tbh i'm not overly fussed, yeah its disappointing to know i don't get the same rewards for completing the same content as others. But overall I'm happy with the direction taken with the new crystal.

edited June 2020
    milomike said:

milomike said:

If they spent their t5cc, they likely used it on champs that are worthy. If they didn’t, they should’ve waited. Using AGs and rank up materials on lesser champs is a choice, nobody twisted their arm into doing so.
    Sorry speculation and hypotheticals don’t cut it. Players who have already made decisions prior to the abyss crystal are at a bigger disadvantage here. In arguendo, They should get at a minimum 1 t5cc and generic awakening gem to be fair.

milomike said:

Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

It’s cool that you aren’t very concerned, but I’m speaking to those who are.
    If you had it to do over would you save all the things you got from the Abyss, refrain from awakening anyone and taking to r3, and wait until now? Genuinely curious. Who would you try to get in lieu of Sunspot?
  • Harith1987Harith1987 Posts: 69
    I was thinking kabam will do something better! Disappointed As usual.
    15k 6* shards less! Why ? You will give that nexus for all players including who done 100% , If Kabam fair enough Keep shards as it was before or do not give them nexus crystal becuase it’s not fair some people got 15k 6* plus and Who will explore in the future get less 15k!.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    There should also be an exclusive champ added to the rewards as well. Super disappointing
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I think the change is great

Appreciated it @Kabam Miike