**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCoC Roadmap: Prelude

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Now I’m wondering, will moon knight get a buff?
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I can't wait for this new features...the last awsome feature was solo mission objectives..but now it seems like game gonna be more stress-free and have more thing to do
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★

Tensio said:

@Kabam Miike for me most important is a change to actual RNG crystals. But if you will update 2 champs every month will mitigate the disappointment.
    About Magneto buff. Will be release the 29th of June or will you announce the date this day?

We'll be announcing it on the 29th! We want to move quickly, but moving THAT quickly is impossible.
    Any chance you guys might plan on taking inspiration for those 'two champions per month' from the Champion Improvement Thread?

I reckon there's some good stuff in there; even if other people came up with the best ideas!
    I suggested as much in the General Game Feedback thread, friend. I even tagged you in it. :)
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    ESF said:

Champ buffs could go very fast if they were clever about it.
    They could knock out 10 a week if they tried. They got tons of ideas submitted for free and they could test them on emulators if they wanted.
    It could go as fast as OG Hulk stacks unlimited furies with Drax's tried and tested mechanism and has OML regen. Boom! That took 20 seconds. If his buffs get nullified, they're replaced with slightly stronger passives, or you can do it yourself with an L3. That took another 10. Everything else stays the same. That's the type of buff I'm looking for. Reimagining isn't needed. There's many champs that could have their outdated "get beat up to proc" swapped out for "proc on hit or special". Graft on a few tried and tested mechanisms from existing champs and leverage existing data from all the CPU attack buffs and other nodes to speed the process along.

That’s all I’m saying

I have never wanted them to break every character down and rebuild them from the ground up, new animations

Give OG Captain America the same Leadership passives as CapIW — it’s totally fine, because CapIW will still hit harder because of the passive charges and on-demand Fury

Boom. Done

I never wanted them to reinvent the wheel. Take some stuff that works and paste them onto other characters

Switching up abilities could get messy pretty fast. I suggested in the general feedback thread before that the easiest/fastest way to make some changes is to look at actual values like attack/block proficiency...etc. For example, there are a number of champs that are good, but are overlooked because they "hit like wet noodles". Take champs like that and give them some more attack. Problem solved. There are champs that are good but also are super fragile and that's why they're overlooked (Cull's block proficiency for example). Buff that. I know this is overly simplified, but that's more what I'm getting at, as opposed to actually giving different champs existing abilities that other champs have and whatnot.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

ESF said:

They could knock out 10 a week if they tried. They got tons of ideas submitted for free and they could test them on emulators if they wanted.
    It could go as fast as OG Hulk stacks unlimited furies with Drax's tried and tested mechanism and has OML regen. Boom! That took 20 seconds. If his buffs get nullified, they're replaced with slightly stronger passives, or you can do it yourself with an L3. That took another 10. Everything else stays the same. That's the type of buff I'm looking for. Reimagining isn't needed. There's many champs that could have their outdated "get beat up to proc" swapped out for "proc on hit or special". Graft on a few tried and tested mechanisms from existing champs and leverage existing data from all the CPU attack buffs and other nodes to speed the process along.

That’s all I’m saying

I have never wanted them to break every character down and rebuild them from the ground up, new animations

Give OG Captain America the same Leadership passives as CapIW — it’s totally fine, because CapIW will still hit harder because of the passive charges and on-demand Fury

Boom. Done

I never wanted them to reinvent the wheel. Take some stuff that works and paste them onto other characters

Switching up abilities could get messy pretty fast. I suggested in the general feedback thread before that the easiest/fastest way to make some changes is to look at actual values like attack/block proficiency...etc. For example, there are a number of champs that are good, but are overlooked because they "hit like wet noodles". Take champs like that and give them some more attack. Problem solved. There are champs that are good but also are super fragile and that's why they're overlooked (Cull's block proficiency for example). Buff that. I know this is overly simplified, but that's more what I'm getting at, as opposed to actually giving different champs existing abilities that other champs have and whatnot.
    I disagree, but it’s not worth really getting worked up over until we see what they have planned. I have been pretty pleased so far, today’s a good day
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

ESF said:

That’s all I’m saying

Boom. Done

Like the little girl says, "Why don't we have both?" They already reuse attack and health values all over the game.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Anything planned regarding t4c shards and overflow a lot of people have? Selling t4c for gold, selling for t5c shards, anything?
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    edited June 2020
    This sounds interesting but I’m still concern wether it will be finally implemented and, if it is, the timeline. But, I like the fact most of the feedback is included.

Maybe only masteries are missing.

I have a query regarding crystals, more control and new crystals mean nexus availability? I know is a too specific question but I couldn’t wait. 😜
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Now I’m wondering, will moon knight get a buff?

#JusticeForMoonKnight
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Any plans for increased gold drops? Aside from that great roadmap.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    One question -> Do I still have to learn Quake so I can have a massage advantage in AW?
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    I'm glad Act 6 is getting looked at. I've gone into many fights there and I felt like my phone got pinned on a wall and juggernaut smashed it with his head before I could react quickly enough to block
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Really hope a masteries update is somewhere on this roadmap. Hopefully part of the QoL.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Siliyo said:

bpunk88 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

bpunk88 said:

Very hesitant on enthusiasm here. Many points are things that have been requested for years. Abyss reward nerf sets a disappointing tone for things to come.

My takeaway for now is that they're finally listening. I share your caution, but am willing to loan some good faith to them and wait to see specifics and timelines. Not sure how anyone could take the announcement as a net negative.
    My concern is that they're just now listening, likely due to other reasons. Regardless I feel they have some work to do to rebuild trust with the player base. I'm hopeful but have low expectations.
    A lot of this stuff has been in the works for a while now, but there are definitely things that changed based on player feedback. We're not just only listening now. We've always been listening, but haven't always had something to say.
    ... but you ONLY had something to say now because of Seatin. Seatin, one of if not the largest voice in the MCOC community, decided to almost leave the game (we know it’s an extensive break but still). Even then, had he not make the decision he made, the community wouldn’t have gotten into the uproar it has gotten, therefore we wouldn’t be in this position without him.
    Anyone who thinks all of this is due to one person's video is not only wildly wrong, but also ignoring the community forces that led here. Seatin didn't *cause* people to suddenly decide to voice complaints, his video was the focal point for conversations that were already happening. Keep in mind that before Seatin made his video Kabam had already gotten a ton of feedback and made a major concession to the entire future of content in the game: completely rebooting Book 2.

Seatin should get credit for creating a space for players to focus their complaints about the future of the game, but saying Kabam is only doing anything because of Seatin is giving him way too much credit, and giving the community at large way too little.

Also, I'm taking credit for the first three bullets of the Roadmap, so there.
    Ok, in your own words you are “wildly wrong” and “ignoring” what I was trying to say. I didn’t say this is all due to Seatin. Miike said these plans were in the works but they had nothin to say. I’m saying Seatin forced their hand to say something because that is what happened.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

we will see, if it's the same that the amelioration of the AOL rewards......
    Each time Kabam give you something in your hand, it's coming from your pocket

We can argue if that was done in the best possible way, but I think the vast majority of players will ultimately see that change as a positive change. And that's the thing: we can always ask for perfection, but we have to be prepared to settle for tomorrow just being better than yesterday. I thought it could have been done better, but at the end of the day the Abyss rewards are going to be better than they used to be. Not in a way everyone would agree, but in a way a large enough majority will agree to make that an overall positive change.

And given all the things Kabam is tackling in the Roadmap, there's going to be a lot more Abyss Nexus crystals in our future. If we're going to judge Kabam based on how closely they follow what we'd do, they are going to fail. We have to judge them on whether or not they are improving the game overall, in positive directions for the majority of the players. On that basis, they are still probably going to fail occasionally. But at least we should judge fairly. There's probably less than a few thousand of us on the forums, representing a minuscule fraction of the millions of players the game has. The game should get better for all of them, not just all of us.

For all that Kabam does things I don't agree with, there is no player's hands I would rather the future of the game be placed in.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’m honestly very excited by many of this coming changes.
    I really hope they deliver.

They look very good.