**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Master of the Mystic Gems (Rankup suggestion)

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
Having done exploration of both Variants 2 and 3 in the past few weeks, I pulled both mystics from the 5* Rank 4 to 5 Gem Crystals. I also have two 2016 and one 2015 Rank 3 to 4 Gems. Going about it constructively, I'll simply focus on which champs to use the resources on.

Just going to be asking suggestions for one of the gems for now, probably until the announcement on which unavailable 5* champions will be available further down the road (i.e. Scarlet Witch). Here are all the available mystic champions:

Of the ones I have, I believe Mojo and Morningstar are obvious choices. But there's also Ghost Rider, Magik, Longshot, and Sorcerer Supreme who I can wait for. Already got 6* Symbiote Supreme, so that's no longer in consideration. Suggestions and inputs will be well appreciated. Cheers 🍻

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Jane Foster.

(this is obviously a joke, chill)
  • Options
    Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    I´d say mornigstar if u dont use suicides and need to play act 6. Sym Supreme aswell.
    Especially for champion boss
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

I´d say mornigstar if u dont use suicides and need to play act 6. Sym Supreme aswell.
    Especially for champion boss

he said no Sym because he has a six star one
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You could go either mojo for fun and defence, but he needs the dupe to be great on offence, or Morningstar who’s great on offence but I know a lot of people (me included) who just really dislike playing her
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

You could go either mojo for fun and defence, but he needs the dupe to be great on offence, or Morningstar who’s great on offence but I know a lot of people (me included) who just really dislike playing her

She's quite boring to play, for me. I only ranked her up because of her utility vs 6.2.6 The Champion boss. She should be the top option, being rank 3 and duped, but I can't personally consider her because I'm not really into her gameplay. And the specific fight for her would probably be different after we reach that point of the roadmap.
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Use one on SS and save the other
  • Options
    Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    MS is your best choice, but if you don’t like playing her, then I wouldn’t waste the gem. The other thing you might consider is whether a rank up for synergy is helpful. If you have ghost for instance, then hood could be a value add for you. Hard to know though without seeing your roster. If not, I would just hold onto them. Nothing says you have to use a gem just because you have 2. I have duplicate 5* AGs I’m sitting on because none of the champs I have in that class require the dupe.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I'll be the first here to say Longshot.

I have him at 5/65 sig 200, and he can be pretty insane, as well as having decent synergies with champs you actually WANT to use.

Here's what I can tell you about him.

If you're working on act 6, he is absolutely devastating! He shines the most against buffed up champs, but the bad karma he applies to defenders are also buffs, so there's almost always something he can nullify. Basically, get 5 stacks of bad karma on the opponent (easy to do by landing heavies, or nullifying if he's awakened). Then get pure of heart (5 good karma on Longshot), by continuing to charge heavies, parrying, or dodging attacks. When you have pure of heart, launch your sp2 and watch them melt from incinerate damage. I honestly think he has some of the highest damage potential in the game. I took about 80% health from a King Groot in Act 6 with a single sp2!

All that said, I can be honest and say that he's not really that great in short fights, cause his big damage comes from those specials when bad karma and other buffs are present. I honestly don't really use him in any EQ content.

So to summarize, if you're working on Act 6, I think really think he's worth it. If it bleeds, use sp1 when pure of heart is active. If it burns, use sp2.

I have no regrets, and I doubt you would either.

Regardless, you have some great choices, so you can't really go wrong.

Good luck with your choice!
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

I'll be the first here to say Longshot.

I have him at 5/65 sig 200, and he can be pretty insane, as well as having decent synergies with champs you actually WANT to use.

Here's what I can tell you about him.

If you're working on act 6, he is absolutely devastating! He shines the most against buffed up champs, but the bad karma he applies to defenders are also buffs, so there's almost always something he can nullify. Basically, get 5 stacks of bad karma on the opponent (easy to do by landing heavies, or nullifying if he's awakened). Then get pure of heart (5 good karma on Longshot), by continuing to charge heavies, parrying, or dodging attacks. When you have pure of heart, launch your sp2 and watch them melt from incinerate damage. I honestly think he has some of the highest damage potential in the game. I took about 80% health from a King Groot in Act 6 with a single sp2!

All that said, I can be honest and say that he's not really that great in short fights, cause his big damage comes from those specials when bad karma and other buffs are present. I honestly don't really use him in any EQ content.

So to summarize, if you're working on Act 6, I think really think he's worth it. If it bleeds, use sp1 when pure of heart is active. If it burns, use sp2.

I have no regrets, and I doubt you would either.

Regardless, you have some great choices, so you can't really go wrong.

Good luck with your choice!

Greatly appreciate the effort! I do like Longshot as well. Just something funny but true, whenever I want to farm generic iso, I just put a team together for him and head on to the Act 4 Venom boss 😆 Cheers!
  • Options
    Man thing. Very good utility.
  • Options
    Adamb208 said:

MS is your best choice, but if you don’t like playing her, then I wouldn’t waste the gem. The other thing you might consider is whether a rank up for synergy is helpful. If you have ghost for instance, then hood could be a value add for you. Hard to know though without seeing your roster. If not, I would just hold onto them. Nothing says you have to use a gem just because you have 2. I have duplicate 5* AGs I’m sitting on because none of the champs I have in that class require the dupe.

I agree with the point and I do have a two stacked Ghosts that I normally use for tough content, as well as AQ (and AW before I retired from it). There's just the issue with having to put all the resources on him until he's rank 4. There's also a chance that I pull him as a 6*, and then the effort in taking him to rank 5 is all but a waste. I'm fine with waiting and settling for just the Wasp synergy for now. 👍
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Mornignstar hands down.