**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Summoners,

After his defeat at the hands of the Summoner and Carina, the Grandmaster has been an elder without a calling. Despite the problems and conflicts that the Grandmaster and The Collector have caused, they are still Carina’s family, and she loves them very much.

Instead of banishing them to a far off land, she’s worked with her council to create a plan to keep the two of them busy, and out of trouble.

The Universal Gamesman

Carina knows that a game with changing rulesets and unpredictable pieces is the perfect distraction to keep En Dwi Gast out of trouble. Under her supervision, The Grandmaster will transform Alliance Wars into his tournament, where he seeks the strongest Alliances every season to crown as his victors!

Recreating the Battlefield

The Grandmaster has never been shy about wanting to mould the Contest to his vision, and making sure his presence is noticed. He’ll be starting with the Maps on which you fight.

So first, we’re going to take a look at the new Nodes, Path Identities, and Layouts of the Grandmaster’s New Maps.
All Map Changes will take effect on June 24th!

New Maps

First, we've got 2 Brand New Maps! One for Alliances playing on Easy and Normal, and one for Alliances playing on Intermediate, Hard, Challenger, and Expert. If you'd like to take a closer look, we've attached the High-Resolution versions of these maps to this post.

These new more simplified Maps eliminate Portals and bring the entire Battlegroup back together and key points throughout the Map.

Easy and Normal:

Intermediate, Hard, Challenger, and Expert:

New Local Nodes

The Grandmaster has crafted the following nodes for Alliances on the Intermediate, Hard, Challenger, or Expert Maps.

Path Identities

If you like to plan ahead, the Grandmaster is happy to provide you with a list of all buffs on all nodes across the Maps. There are lots to look at, so we've attached the lists of Nodes in the next post.

Matchmaking Updates

The Grandmaster wants to ensure that his tournament stays as competitive as possible. To do so, he is updating the parameters of Matchmaking. Matchmaking will now emphasize your Alliance's War Rating above all else. This will ensure that Alliances vying for the crown will be competing against other top Alliances.

This will be a big adjustment for a lot of Alliances. Currently, many Alliances are either have an inflated War Rating or a Deflated War rating due to the current system. To expedite the process of Alliances finding their "true" War Rating, we will be reducing every Alliance's War Rating by 50%. This will affect every Alliance in-game and will accelerate the rate at which Alliance's find their true position faster because of the concentrated War Ratings of all Alliances.

The Change to Matchmaking and the War Rating reduction will occur on July 8th.

What's Next?

There's still so much to reveal about Season 19 and beyond. Next week, we'll cover:
- Reward Changes
- Defense Tactics and Attack Tactics
- Alliance War Solo Events

Remember, Alliance Wars Season 19 Starts on July 7th, and there will be no war starting on July 5th!

Stay tuned for more information on everything else about Season 19!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm all for changes as long as they don't sacrifice fairness just to make people happy.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    So far i like what i see im looking forward to the new rewards and defensive tactics.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    me likey
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

so much to read through but eb and flow intercept reads awful. I guess its made for ghost to fight but I can see that node being a pain

Does incoming damage include DOT and passives like plasma? Also, Hazard shift sounds like a pain, incinerate and poison immune? Mephisto comes to mind. Iceman, red hulk and BWCV depending on her curse. Anyone else?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Interesting stuff, happy the way that it is going so attackers get bonuses for being a Control or A Villain champ etc
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Hey MeeKay, is path 7 still hidden or no?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

so much to read through but eb and flow intercept reads awful. I guess its made for ghost to fight but I can see that node being a pain

Basically glorified aegis intercept
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Basically glorified aegis intercept
    But you have to keep intercepting the entire fight in order to do damage
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    How do the links interact?
    What are they?
    Do we have to take some fights linked?
    Is there a hidden lane?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I'm curious if the changes are supposed to address shell alliances, because I really don't see what has been done to fix that. We are going to run into the same people trying to get away with the same kind of cheating as before.

I also see a lot of nasty combos of nodes for minis and basic fights. And there are way more minis than what we have currently. Really hope the attacker tactics are going to make it easier for us.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Yup these new nodes are really going to be a pain. Footloose, Rage, Oscillate+Aggressive Fury+Tunnel Vision. Nice mini bosses to face just based on nodes. Going to make AW even more specific and upon that we have Defender tactics. Hazard Shift doesn't have many proper counters.
    mum_m2 said:

My question is what's going to stop Tanking and manipulating War Rating off-season? It's not just Tiers 1-5 that do it.

It doesn't sounds like you're in a tier 1-5 alliance and tanking hasn't been a thing for almost a year now.

This is due in part to an announcement made last July that stated that all War Ratings for tiers 1-5 will be locked and tiers 6-9 will decrease the amount of war rating they can achieve.
    Tanking has been a thing all along. We've encountered a number in the off-season. I'm all for using War Rating as long as it can't be manipulated outside of Seasons. Otherwise you might as well use Tic Tacs to gauge War ability. It's unfair to people being ambushed, and it doesn't reflect actual ability.
    This whole idea that only Tiers 1-5 do it is simply not true.
    Then you have Shells who drop down in the off to peck off other Allies.
    The only way to solve it really is to freeze War Rating altogether in the off, or not allow a change of a marginal amount outside of Seasons. No more than 10 perhaps, on either side.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Hey MeeKay, is path 7 still hidden or no?

Looking at the map graphic, it looks like only the 6 miniboss nodes are hidden.