**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCoC Roadmap: Prelude

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    interesting
  • NightRidah240NightRidah240 Posts: 12
    This all looks amazing! I just hope there is an event or a new (reasonable) crystal for 1* champions announced in the part 3 post on the 29th
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

Crystal Update – More control and brand new Crystals are coming to MCoC — wonder if these will be Nexus crystals. I’ll start hoarding shards again.

Good to see kabam adhering to the community’s wants, job well done

As soon as I read that they're adding in the four stars that haven't been added into the five star pool yet, I decided to start hoarding shards and sig stones. Five star sig200 Scarlet Witch, here I come.
    @StevieManWonder another great reason to hoard, hopefully Shes not modified /balanced from how her 4* is upon Release .
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Even @DNA3000 went and analyzed act 6 after that reaction. Would he have done that if that video did not come? We don't know.

Actually, the Book 2 beta testers that discussed Book 2 difficulty, and especially attack values, know that post was prompted by the discussions in the Book 2 beta that started before Seatin's video released. For the benefit of those that were not in the Book 2 beta, I was originally partially defending the difficulty of Book 2, because of the natural progression from Act 6. But the more I thought about that defense, the more I decided the problem was really Act 6: Act 6 practically demanded a ludicrously high difficulty for Book 2, and thus the problem wasn't just Book 2, it was really Act 6. So essentially as Seatin was uploading his video I was reversing course and posting an article in the Book 2 beta called "What I Think Is Wrong With Book 2 Difficulty (And How To Fix it)" where I laid the groundwork for what became the "Difficulty curve" post I posted in the open forums.

Focusing only on the issues with Book 2 difficulty, and by extension Act 6 difficulty, the beta testers were already there and all of that would have come out with or without Seatin's video. Seatin's video I think should get more credit for emphasizing the general sense of either frustration or malaise that many players have with different aspects of the game. But the Book 2 beta testers were I believe well on their way to getting Kabam to reevaluate Book 2 moving forward on their own, as the sentiment was overwhelmingly consistent and unified (not unanimous, but close), which actually doesn't happen often. And they had in turn convinced me to spend time looking at Act 6 in more detail, so they collectively deserve the credit for getting that ball rolling.

(If anyone outside the beta wants to read that post of mine, I've put it in a Google doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_XLMm0hv2ou_-Ig7FVesc-29TtGD9Wu7XE4uL3Owpck/edit?usp=sharing. Without the context of the discussions going on in the beta some of it might seem a bit disjointed, but I'm unwilling to share anything but my own post, and not even replies to it from anyone else. It simultaneously lays out the case that Book 2 difficulty needs to be revisited, what the problem with Act 6 is, and how to adjust progressional difficulty without watering the content down for top tier end game-caliber players. It is unpolished and a bit brainstormy and also incorporates an error of mine: I originally believed the devs intended to lower attack values much more than their original intent was, before they decided to go back to the drawing board.)
    Was a good read like your ide with the legend run
  • TurpissimusTurpissimus Posts: 24
    The changes seem great, but we really need to know how much and when the attack values are changing. Any act 6 completion/exploration compensation plans would help the players decide if they should pause their exploration efforts or not
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I didn't see loyalty mentioned. Anything planned for increasing amounts or introducing a 6* UC or even changing UC for a different champ?
    You've said in the past that there were no changes planned but I think now might be a good time to shake things up a little

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I am pretty excited about the coming changes. Like others have said, I don't want to get my hopes up too much before we see the changes in the game, but I think they knocked it out of the park with this announcement. Fingers crossed lol.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Snizzbar said:

I didn't see loyalty mentioned. Anything planned for increasing amounts or introducing a 6* UC or even changing UC for a different champ?
    You've said in the past that there were no changes planned but I think now might be a good time to shake things up a little

What would be interesting is if all trophy champs like kang and thanos and weapon x are added to loyalty store after a certain amount of time has passed after theyve been in game.
    Maybe if they increased loyalty from help. Otherwise if UC is 800K, the others would probably be in the millions and no one would ever get them before the game shut down.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Snizzbar said:

What would be interesting is if all trophy champs like kang and thanos and weapon x are added to loyalty store after a certain amount of time has passed after theyve been in game.
    Issue with that is, that means they need to keep making new trophy champs, and the ones already released lose value. I would love a Weapon X - but honestly don't see them adding trophy champs for free.

Plus, imagine you spent thousands for Kang because he's a trophy and only champ you need, then 2 years later you can essentially get him for free
    Wouldn't be free tho. Loyalty is hard to come by. Takes along time to save up 800k or 1.6mil alone for 5* UC. Imagine if kang or thanos was added. And the price was higher. And why not make more new trophy champs? Essentially the spender get them for a while then the masses can but high investment costs of loyalty.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Also can Variant 1 get a rework as well? It’s the worst content after 6.2

I don't think it needs a rework. It's too long but it is what it is. I've been chipping away at 100% lately and it isn't nearly as hard for me now as it was then.
  • Nixxxo89Nixxxo89 Posts: 8
    It would also help, if they reduce the energy costs for variant 1 and act 6, because there are just to many paths (act 6 & variant 1) and chapters (variant 1)
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

Tensio said:

@Kabam Miike for me most important is a change to actual RNG crystals. But if you will update 2 champs every month will mitigate the disappointment.
    About Magneto buff. Will be release the 29th of June or will you announce the date this day?

We'll be announcing it on the 29th! We want to move quickly, but moving THAT quickly is impossible.
    Will there be betas for these buffs, or they just gonna roll out ASAP?
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    This has probably been asked already but can both the lessor and greater solo crystals also be given a complete make over?
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    I haven't read much from this thread and I'm just about to. But in relation to the Help All feature, is there a Request All feature as well?

Like when all your 5/6* champs refresh their help request and you normally tap each one to request for assistance, you can just tap Request All to place them all under your help requests. It'll be quite helpful, especially for those with lots of 5/6* champs.
  • TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52
    Hieitaku said:

I haven't read much from this thread and I'm just about to. But in relation to the Help All feature, is there a Request All feature as well?

Like when all your 5/6* champs refresh their help request and you normally tap each one to request for assistance, you can just tap Request All to place them all under your help requests. It'll be quite helpful, especially for those with lots of 5/6* champs.

That would be a great addition, I'm not sure if its because my alliance haven't responded but sometimes I'm having to click request help multiple times for the same champ on the same round, it can get pretty frustrating.
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    So hopefully a ||help all button||!
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Love what I see so far. I hope mastery switches for different modes aren't far away either.

I'm curious what other arena improvements there will be. The fact it is universally referred to as a "grind" speaks volumes as to the tedium of the mode.

If you truly want to make it less of a grind... make it like a solo-incursion, and if you take down N rooms, you get the champ, and the path to get there is actually a bit more fun and interactive, and not a "grind", and as you complete rooms along the way, you get rewards similar to the existing milestones.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    FINALLYYYYYYYYYYY
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    the more i look at the "bye bye attack value and new Champion fight", the more i get kinda excited.

going back and looking at what i pushed through and others have pushed through needs a reward ... the attack values are INSANE throughout Act 6.

what were they thinking really ... so yeah i'm excited about this possible change to attack values specifically.