**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

King of the mystic class?

MuffinBrainMuffinBrain Posts: 776 ★★★
Ok with tons of new mystic champs being added, lets see what u guys think is the king of the mystics. This well.. I think is the hardest one to say since there are a ton of mystic champs that are floating near the top. Defense counts for this one.

Comments

• AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★

doom is the king.
    Claire is the queen

+1
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Doom. Claire is not far behind, and depending on the matchup, one will be better than the other. They do pretty different things.

Claire has the immunities, sustainability, power control, great nullify and a potential cheat death. Also benefits massively from suicides

Doom has tankiness, nullify, power control, some immunities and huge damage. Not great with suicides

It’s really down to personal preference, they’re both great champs who are both incredibly fun to play.

Perfect explanation. They do pretty different things. They both do those things very well. Based on preference and situation
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Magic works for me her fight style works with how I fight
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I know you’re joking, right ? :)))

Well for me with the characters I played with and play style I like, longshot is king to me and magik is queen

no, @Nojokejaym isn't kidding. You have a problem with that?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

Honestly Im surprised everyone forgetten bout longshot after people said how broken he was. Maybe he can be the wild card or something.

The court jester
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Voodoo, then Claire, then SS, then UC with the red guardian synergy, then Doom.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Doom is King Mystic. Hands down
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Doom is just awesome. The slap is a bonus.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★

PsyLife said:

Voodoo, then Claire, then SS, then UC with the red guardian synergy, then Doom.

Just because he got a little buff doesn't make him good. He deals good damage now, but has literally no utility. All the synergy did was make him fun to play. Exactly like the Gamora buff.
    Okay. That post is a joke. I dislike doom, but I sometimes jokingly hate him. I don’t. The UC bit was added to exaggerate the “hate”. Though the first two I agree with, Doom would be next.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I’m surprised not a single person mentioned SW. She’ll dethrone Doom as the top mystic and possibly even reach Ghost/Quake/Aegon level
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Stellan said:

Sym supreme has the better damage, nullify and tank sp3 utility.

He’s also extremely niche
    I agree that he could be described as niche, but extremely so? I don't know if that really reflects his effective usage. I think he's like the mystic's Torch.

Sym supreme prefers fights where opponents has plenty of buffs and are able to bleed. That's pretty much every cosmic expect from King Groot and Groot though they are so buff heavy that they become food for Sym. There is also a lot of other champions of other classes that provides the same kind of fight.

I use him like I use Torch. If there is a path with a few cosmic or other buff heavy champions who are able to bleed, then Sym supreme is on the team. If there are mystics, I bring Torch.

Both Sym and Torch can be used outside their respective optimal matchup. Sym works if they simply bleed and Torch can build up smoulder from specials + one fight with flame on if you're not up to multiple revives. Such matchups makes them niche, but I don't see how it makes them extremely niche. It's mostly about class advantage.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

I’m surprised not a single person mentioned SW. She’ll dethrone Doom as the top mystic and possibly even reach Ghost/Quake/Aegon level

She's fun but such a wildcard, don't get me wrong I'd take a 6* to rank 3 if I could - and she's a useless defender.