**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 3

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Good thing i havent dived in just yet. Since 4* are useless yet claimed not to be by certain ppl i will take my chances once i have a good roster of 5* least with them i would have a fighting chance instead of dying by block damage and not getting in much damage with a 4*

4* aren't really useless in 5.3, but if you are not bringing in maxed 4* then yes they are not very useful. Even with a maxed 4*, that maxed 4* has to be a really good champion to counter 5.3, so champs like Thor, SW, Gwenpool, Starlord, Wolverine etc. can still manage Act 5 Chapter 3.

5* R4 are definitely much more useful. I have a 5* R4 Iron Man (s58) and 5* R4 Magik (s86) that work wonders in 5.3. Still have to play well though, but at least there's slightly more room for mistakes and enemies get wiped out quicker.

I think this entire chapter is mostly filled with endurance fights. If you can constantly parry or intercept, you should be good, but considering the fights can drag for more than >100 hits with a weakened champion or ~100 hits with a non-weakened champion, there's only so long you can do that before you get sloppy.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Just wait for 6* champs
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Of course they do a lot of damage through block, they all have 5k+ attack. Did you expect this to be heroic quest level or something?
    And nobody's forcing you to block, there are other ways to hit your opponent than parry. Or use regen champions and ignore any block damage
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Can you consider increasing enemy's HP and decreasing their attack in 5.4? The amount of damage taken while blocking it's ridiculous even with class advantage.
    This chapter basically nerfs our attack by half, which means a longer fight and more block damage.
    And due to the lag, the champion doesn't even evade in time, forcing to block an entire combo and lose half HP. And when we try to parry, it doesn't register and we get K.O. in just a few hits
  • edited September 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Can you consider increasing enemy's HP and decreasing their attack in 5.4? The amount of damage taken while blocking it's ridiculous even with class advantage.
    This chapter basically nerfs our attack by half, which means a longer fight and more block damage.
    And due to the lag, the champion doesn't even evade in time, forcing to block an entire combo and lose half HP. And when we try to parry, it doesn't register and we get K.O. in just a few hits

This is both a response to you, eXtripa69 and also others who have pointed out the higher than normal Block Damage. The damage increase is because these enemies are some of the hardest/highest rank and level in the game, so they will naturally have higher attack values than you're used to. To some degree, this will be par for the course as content increases in difficulty. Having said that, we will absolutely take the feedback about Block Damage into consideration for Chapter 4 - thanks everyone for raising it as a concern!
  • Not sure if anyone prior has pointed this out.....but I just knew that when it was announced "good news we've taken out all the Magiks in this chapter!!"...there was a catch....there ALWAYS is w Kabam.

Took out all the Magiks sure....but neglected to mention they were to be replaced with awakened Dormammus w degen that makes a solid argument for being just as bad as Magiks' limbo....

You almost had me Kabam!!!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Not sure if anyone prior has pointed this out.....but I just knew that when it was announced "good news we've taken out all the Magiks in this chapter!!"...there was a catch....there ALWAYS is w Kabam.

Took out all the Magiks sure....but neglected to mention they were to be replaced with awakened Dormammus w degen that makes a solid argument for being just as bad as Magiks' limbo....

You almost had me Kabam!!!

They said it in this same thread
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    I just finished. It was fun. But block damage is insane though. No choice but to spend on revives. And as always I got a T4CC that I do not need. Please please Kabam can you throw in a couple more for the next chapters rewards or at least one of each?

I dont want to explore as yet as I am afraid I might get another science or cosmic rank up gems. You have to do better on rewards next time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    So let me ask ... No degeneration nodes on chapter 3?

Bane is on one of the paths in Quest 1, and a single fight has degeneration (also in Quest 1). We got feedback from our testers, however, that the Degen node was not particularly challenging.

There's no node-based Degens anywhere else in the Chapter. It's also worth re-iterating that we removed Magik completely from Chapter 3, and also that we lowered the Signature Levels of all Dormammus to 25 (from 200) to mitigate his degen as well, so it's not nearly as punishing.

I have to ask.... what's the catch? :D

@Blackhawkbill
    So the catch is dormamu apparently then. This was on page 3 of this thread :/
  • Ah I musta missed it....shame on me lol
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

Bane is on one of the paths in Quest 1, and a single fight has degeneration (also in Quest 1). We got feedback from our testers, however, that the Degen node was not particularly challenging.

There's no node-based Degens anywhere else in the Chapter. It's also worth re-iterating that we removed Magik completely from Chapter 3, and also that we lowered the Signature Levels of all Dormammus to 25 (from 200) to mitigate his degen as well, so it's not nearly as punishing.

@Blackhawkbill

The catch for there being no Magiks is you need a Magik of your own if you hope to compete. I'm about 50% done with exploration and every quest has some ridiculous amped up champ (usually Cable) that power gains through the roof. Without power lock it's impossible.
  • Viper1987 wrote: »

@Blackhawkbill

The catch for there being no Magiks is you need a Magik of your own if you hope to compete. I'm about 50% done with exploration and every quest has some ridiculous amped up champ (usually Cable) that power gains through the roof. Without power lock it's impossible.

I think you're referring to the Cornered Node! Take a look at its description:

Cornered

- Whenever a damage over time Debuff is applied to this Champion, they gain X% more power for the duration of that Debuff.
    - There are 3 versions of Cornered which give 100%, 200%, and 300% more Power. All 3 versions are used in Chapter 3, though again, not across all fights.
    - Also important to note is that this isn’t a passive Power Gain like Hyperion - this is simply X% more power from normal sources like being struck or landing hits, etc.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »

@Blackhawkbill

Cornered

- Whenever a damage over time Debuff is applied to this Champion, they gain X% more power for the duration of that Debuff.
    - There are 3 versions of Cornered which give 100%, 200%, and 300% more Power. All 3 versions are used in Chapter 3, though again, not across all fights.
    - Also important to note is that this isn’t a passive Power Gain like Hyperion - this is simply X% more power from normal sources like being struck or landing hits, etc.

No, I'm thinking more along the lines of power reserve and Cable. It's basically suicide without Magik. You either bait his L1 and drop him halfway to an L1 in which case you're eating a ton of damage, or you try to push him to an L2 in which case he drops to an L1 and triggers regen and power flood. The latter is a seemingly never ending cycle.

On a separate note I just spent a lot of time and hard work on 5.3 only to get 3 completely useless rewards. I have about had it with this game. For Christ sake can you for once give us a generic item? You go through all that work just to be sadly disappointed in the end. I have lost my will to play this game because of 5.3.

Would vision work?
    Scottryan wrote: »

@Blackhawkbill

Cornered

No, I'm thinking more along the lines of power reserve and Cable. It's basically suicide without Magik. You either bait his L1 and drop him halfway to an L1 in which case you're eating a ton of damage, or you try to push him to an L2 in which case he drops to an L1 and triggers regen and power flood. The latter is a seemingly never ending cycle.

On a separate note I just spent a lot of time and hard work on 5.3 only to get 3 completely useless rewards. I have about had it with this game. For Christ sake can you for once give us a generic item? You go through all that work just to be sadly disappointed in the end. I have lost my will to play this game because of 5.3.

Would vision work?

Vision would still give cable a lot of power when vision hits with a special, pushing him over power bar boundaries. Cable triggers power gain and regen then the cycle will continue.

@Blackhawkbill

Cornered

Would vision work?

Vision would still give cable a lot of power when vision hits with a special, pushing him over power bar boundaries. Cable triggers power gain and regen then the cycle will continue.

Yea but vision also gets specials twice as often. Mix that with the powet steal and you can continuously fire off l1 and keep his power low and have him heal blocked

@Blackhawkbill

Cornered

Would vision work?

Yea but vision also gets specials twice as often. Mix that with the powet steal and you can continuously fire off l1 and keep his power low and have him heal blocked

You may be right, I havnt tested it. Just my prediction
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Ok finished my completion. Overall easier to complete than 5.2 not only for the collector but I think overall the lack of nodes like masochism makes it easier but not easy. Exploration, if ever, will be a slow burn for me
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    ztscg2au0ao1.png

abo1ngc282r2.png
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    It's definitely better rewards then 5.2 but yeah still no T2 alpha could of at least give us an 5* rank up r3-r4 crystal
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★

This is both a response to you, eXtripa69 and also others who have pointed out the higher than normal Block Damage. The damage increase is because these enemies are some of the hardest/highest rank and level in the game, so they will naturally have higher attack values than you're used to. To some degree, this will be par for the course as content increases in difficulty. Having said that, we will absolutely take the feedback about Block Damage into consideration for Chapter 4 - thanks everyone for raising it as a concern!

Higher than normal block damage? Just play perfect evade and intercept. That way your 4*'s won't become irrelevant. In fact, with perfect play, your 2*'s become relevant again, which means the game team has done something positive for the player base. Problem solved--and expect this to be par for the course going forward.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »

Higher than normal block damage? Just play perfect evade and intercept. That way your 4*'s won't become irrelevant. In fact, with perfect play, your 2*'s become relevant again, which means the game team has done something positive for the player base. Problem solved--and expect this to be par for the course going forward.

Dr. Zola

What did you expect? 5.3 > 5.3, we all knew it was going to be harder, luckly they were nice enough to not increase the difficulty in each quest.
    I am at about 50% exploration and my teams consist of 5/ 50 champs and my 4/55 guillotine...its really not too bad
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    @Viper1987 sorry to hear that bud. I had the same luck on the rank up gem for Act 5.2. Only one class I didn't need, and that's the one I got. Luckily for me I got the best gems from Act5.3, now I can awaken my 5 star SL, and r5 my vision. But I was unlucky with the T4CC. Hopefully, we get really better rewards for the next chapter.

But I know which path you were talking about, that's in Act 5.3.6 the Power Reserve (300%) and Cornered nodes with Cable and OG Vision. I didn't have a problem fighting off Cable, it was Vision who took a lot of revives. SW did most of the work for me.
    Reinstag wrote: »
    @Viper1987 sorry to hear that bud. I had the same luck on the rank up gem for Act 5.2. Only one class I didn't need, and that's the one I got. Luckily for me I got the best gems from Act5.3, now I can awaken my 5 star SL, and r5 my vision. But I was unlucky with the T4CC. Hopefully, we get really better rewards for the next chapter.

But I know which path you were talking about, that's in Act 5.3.6 the Power Reserve (300%) and Cornered nodes with Cable and OG Vision. I didn't have a problem fighting off Cable, it was Vision who took a lot of revives. SW did most of the work for me.

I did that path with my r5 vis. Cable and deadpool were easy, the magneto between them was not. Any other things to look out for in exploration
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

What did you expect? 5.3 > 5.3, we all knew it was going to be harder, luckly they were nice enough to not increase the difficulty in each quest.
    I am at about 50% exploration and my teams consist of 5/ 50 champs and my 4/55 guillotine...its really not too bad

Unfortunately, it's about what I've come to expect. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I hoped for a little more--more strategy, some creativity, some innovative nodes and gameplay. 5.1 was full of that, as was parts of 5.2 even if it was frustrating at times. Harder is fine, but overreach on block damage is lazy design, not "harder." And that's a lot of what 5.3 is.

Dr. Zola
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    5.3 is ok, a few hard fights but in the main just longer fights.

also anyone who is still blocking at this level deserves to take high damage. You can even constant parry or just intercept!
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Also happy with mutant awaken gem, just need decent champ to use it on ;)
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The parry timing and block penetration on 5.3 is out of control.
    I think the issue with block damage isn't people just "blocking"--block pro has been dead for a long time. Anyone who just sits back and blocks probably hasn't made it to 5.3 yet without a lot of item use.

The issue is twofold: (1) taking significant block damage through parries and (2) sharply limiting the option to use parry as a strategy--for example, against Electro with a champ like Elektra, or with cosmic champs like Thor, Phoenix or Hypo, who thrive on parry-stun mechanics. Not impossible, but as I said unimaginative and lazy.

Dr. Zola