**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Human Torch for Abyss Korg?

WedgemonsterWedgemonster Posts: 323 ★★★
I’m getting ready to start on abyss exploration and trying to plan out path 2.. I’m wondering, would Torch be a viable option for Korg since he doesn’t take thorns damage and builds smolders from his sp1? I’d like to bring Stealthy in my 5th spot for Luke Cage, but that leaves me without a spot for a Korg counter. My other champs being Ægon, Fury, Morningstar. Thoughts/ experiences?

Comments

• King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

Easy with Claire.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s not going to work. 10% evade, block penetration and his abyss node means you can’t land incinerate or nova flames on basics. I used aegon for him, healed up and light intercepted, worst try was 5 revives best was 3
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Namor perhaps? he also has very good damage and
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Thanks. That’s what I’ve seen with Doom, but I unfortunately do not have him. Morningstar I feel would be pretty lacking in damage output without a lot buffs to nullify on the sp2.

Morningstar wouldn’t be great for it because of thorns, thorns damage is physical so her energy resist won’t help, and all her attacks are physical contact, better off with aegon
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    How is it easy with Claire?

How is it easy with Claire?

I did it with 3 revives with Claire I died because of unblockable sp1.I am sure Claire can do it with 2 revives if you are God in dexing his sp1.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    How did you play clair against Korg? Keep her in bleed mode to get charges and spam sp3?
    qartweli said:

i hardly believe anybody needed 3 revives with aegon against him
    i mean...that had to be some perfect light intecepts and rng fdrop like a god for that to happen
    you cant advice that to anybody
    if you had that...consider yourself not anly skilled but extremely lucky too

abyss paths are designed the way that u cant take anybody u like..you just have to counter a lot of stuf and doom is horsemen because he counters several problems as a single champion

First of all there is no such thing as horseman.2nd thing just because eyou used Doom and revive sthat doesn't mean everyone did.Iron man IW works way better.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

qartweli said:

i hardly believe anybody needed 3 revives with aegon against him
    i mean...that had to be some perfect light intecepts and rng fdrop like a god for that to happen
    you cant advice that to anybody
    if you had that...consider yourself not anly skilled but extremely lucky too

abyss paths are designed the way that u cant take anybody u like..you just have to counter a lot of stuf and doom is horsemen because he counters several problems as a single champion

First of all there is no such thing as horseman.2nd thing just because eyou used Doom and revive sthat doesn't mean everyone did.Iron man IW works way better.
    Any videos of IMIW on Korg? Or even OR? So at least we know you’re not theorycrafting.

On paper, IMIW is one of the best Korg counters. But as the fight prolongs, you’ll have difficulty inflicting plasmas on Korg as each plasma reduces the chance to inflict an additional plasma by 20%. You also can’t combine incinerate and shock cause he’s immune to shock.

Similarly, using OR, because of -100% AAR on regular attacks, parry heavy (with maxed pacify on) works around 30% of the time. But that’s under the condition that you can get your heavies out in time before your spores start to expire, and there’s no guarantee that you inflict degen on him.

So yes, on paper, in theory, both work. But in a practical sense, there are limitations that severely restrict the feasibility of both options. Hence, showing us a video will help.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Flame-On is always our Korg killer. Not sure how that pans out in Abyss.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Flame-On is always our Korg killer. Not sure how that pans out in Abyss.

Not well. -100% OAA on normal hits. This means no Nova passives applied on medium or light attacks.