**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Waddya think about alliance jumper

M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
Just want to know your opinion

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Wait how quickly do you have to leave an ally yo be known as an alliance jumper?
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I wish we could post the names of those folks who jump constantly from alliance to alliance, especially in the middle of AQ, or war season, etc.
    But a recruit can always ask for verification of AQ placement, they can see an alliances war placement and rating. It's so much easier to lie to an alliance as a recruit than it is vice versa. It's only getting worse as new players can more easily build their roster faster than their skills.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

But a recruit can always ask for verification of AQ placement, they can see an alliances war placement and rating. It's so much easier to lie to an alliance as a recruit than it is vice versa. It's only getting worse as new players can more easily build their roster faster than their skills.

I agree and know it happens on both sides or maybe I've just had a bad streak on dishonest recruiters lately and I always ask many follow-up questions, but don't always get honest answers. Last alliance I joined seemed to have everything I wanted and I joined then found out the recruiter left one little detail out. He was only one in alliance that spoke English. Sure that wasn't a "lie" but was clearly leaving out an important detail.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I jump every 2 or 3 months if the alliance is disorganized/ falling apart/ too low for my current progression level.
    Alliances should stay competitive and always be aware that people may leave at any time.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Define jumper. Someone who splits mid aq map or cycle, or just someone who tries a place and moves on

Define jumper. Someone who splits mid aq map or cycle, or just someone who tries a place and moves on

I'm assuming the former, because the latter isn't an issue
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    In that case the right thing to do is inform the leader of your intentions and finish what you start.

In that case the right thing to do is inform the leader of your intentions and finish what you start.

In a perfect world yes, but reality and experience know it's not that way when dealing with people virtually
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    For me a allicen jumper is one join jus before AQ Star then leave
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

For me a allicen jumper is one join jus before AQ Star then leave

But Jak.. its such a fun thing to do! Only joking - I was stuck with this guy for what? Year and a half, left for 2 months, somewhere else for now.

Its all about finding the right fit. If you join somewhere, dont join and leave the next day - give them at least a week to prove themselves, for you to integrate - and in the case of @Gamer , for him to brainwash you into saying Jeps instead of yes. Isn't that right @A_NAZ . Or at least have a nice lobster dinner, @Dr_Z01dberg is delicious slow cooked glazed in garlic butter
    There or a defrinds between. To be nice
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The very nature of this game means that people are going to move alliances fairly regularly until they hit a certain point.

Step 1 - learning the ropes (Noob)
    Step 2 - starting to take it serious (M4)
    Step 3 - I want to push on (M5)
    Step 4 - Let’s give map 6 a go - a lot of players hover between Step 3/4 as they learn map 6 and get booted for prestige/ability etc. Depending on leadership’s willingness to nurture a player.

Step 5 - home - the player has worked out what they want - experiences Map 5 or 6. Maybe even 7 if they’re hardcore. AW focus perhaps? Relax and chill?

Jumping also works both ways - there are so many alliances that will boot someone at the drop of a hat, or sell you a lie to get you through the door.

I was climbing the ranks I got booted from my first Map 6 alliance because I had the lowest prestige and I was new so I was coming to terms with Map 6 itself - I got 1 cycle of AQ before they decided on a better choice. I got a better home in my second but they were a bit too serious for me. Everything was regimented - very well organised, I was expected to clear my node at a specific time (7.30AM because that’s when I get up for work - even on weekends) and I’m not about being told how to live so I left after season.

I was then sold a lie - Map 6 alliance was actually a 655 alliance.

It took me a while to find a good home with similar in game objectives and a schedule that worked around my life.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    alliance jumper = bad person
    or
    does it mean the alliance was bad?

different people want different things from the game.
    different alliances provide different things.

i used to run an alliance, and yes i found some people that came and went for what i would think was no reason, but it is always something like they didn't gel with ur peeps, they wanted map 6 but you only did map 5.
    or they wanted move leisurely but ur ally wanted to hassle peeps to move
    all kinds of different things. some reflect badly on the person, some may reflect badly on your ally.
    but what i found more often,
    was when i am looking for an ally people selling you a Ferrari but then delivering a Toyota.
    of course you're gunna jump when that happens.
    and if they disrespect you enough to sell you a load of horse **** why should you feel the need to respect them enough to wait until the end of AQ?

so there is no one size fits all.
    some allies are bad
    some people are bad
    some people just dont fit some allies.

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Jumpers are for the most part bad, as long as the alliance didn’t sell a bunch of lies of course.
    Most ridiculous jumper I had was someone that joined us for map 6, then when I messaged 3 times across 3 days for his roster so I could sort diversity he just rage quit the alliance because map 6 was fine but having a diverse defence was too hardcore for him.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I’d say ask as many questions as possible. Find out exactly the AQ/AW arrangements before you join. Be communicating with an Officer/leader for maybe a week. Nobody can force you into an alliance. Also have a look at some of the profiles in the alliance. Check stuff like average prestige etc. Is it an alliance where most have 5/50 4*s, 4/55s or 5/65s? This is the process I went through when I recently moved ally and after less than 10 days I already feel as if this is going to be a long term thing.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    I find alot good + friendly alliance in mcoc. It just, i often get burnt out after playing 1-2 season so thats why i took rest for couple days untill i feel ready to play again in group. Thats why im always trying to left at off season so they dont have hard time to find replacement.

Its kinda tiring (if in long weeks) to have check my phone couple times / day or after wake up open mcoc to move in aq/aw,
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Every popular YouTuber is a jumper ! They just want to grow badly so they were jumped from low level ally to high level ally ! I know many of them !
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Vivek_786 said:

Every popular YouTuber is a jumper ! They just want to grow badly so they were jumped from low level ally to high level ally ! I know many of them !

You forgot the pepper, with all the salt your having
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Vivek_786 said:

A person can move between alliances all the time without being an ally jumper. Ppl get the reputation as an ally jumper because of how they go about leaving. If you leave in the middle of aq/aw or without saying a word to leadership there is a good chance you are considered an ally jumper. I would never bring back an ally jumper. Usually an alliance jumper stays a very short time and leaves without communicating or very little communication.