**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MODOK Quest: Awakening Gem or Bulk Resources?

I’m curious where people stand on the MODOK side quest this month in terms of rewards you are pursuing. If you aren’t participating, the poll isn’t for you.

MODOK Quest: Awakening Gem or Bulk Resources? 97 votes

Use 1,000 of the coins for an AG, too rare a resources to pass.
44% 43 votes
Skip the AG and use those 1,000 for bulk resources
55% 54 votes

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Depends on your roster, if you have awakening options go for the gem, if you don’t then don’t bother, I’m going for it for a chance to potentially awaken red guardian if I can get my hands on him in the next featured
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Yeah that’s the decision I’m facing and it’s really tough. I have 4 cosmic AGs sitting in inventory with every good cosmic already awakened, and they seem to be on average handing out an AG every other month.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    My logic is the t2a and t5b can be obtained from glory store whereas the AG is more rare to get.

I would go for 5* shards, sig stones, the AG and use the remainder for t5b/t2a
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Needed mutant for AA... Got cosmic with no 5* cosmics :/ but I still can get a couple of t2a and some t5bf
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    edited June 2020
    GagoH said:

My logic is the t2a and t5b can be obtained from glory store whereas the AG is more rare to get.

GagoH said:

This was my same thought process and same order purchased. 5* shards -> sigs -> (then the revives) and now thinking on AG or the t5b/t2A.

I’m sitting on two mutant and just need to avoid that.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Received a Mutant gem, so it was great. Now thinking whether to get T2A or 5-Star Sig Stones.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I went for a gem, 4/6 classes I had use for, got my second mystic. My two mystics are Maw and Diablo. I'll be glad some day I'm sure, but if I'd known I'd have gone for resources for Sunspot, need t2a and t4cc
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    This is much closer than I thought it was going to be. People begging Kabam to put awakening gems into deals for a low price, now we have a free one up for grabs and half the responses would rather spend coins elsewhere. Pretty surprising.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I did both and the ag was a waste and will sit in my stash for forever because it was a duplicate that was not needed
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    If you truly want one, you reall really really want it..or NEED it.. you probably aren’t in a place where you have plenty of good champs to use.

I could use a few class gems, but I’m good with my team and I’ll get them again one day.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I personally need 3 out of 6 classes, so I'm going for the AG
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    My personal order was:
    AG
    5* shards
    Revives and potions
    5* sig stones
    And spending everything else on rank up materials though I’ve not decided if I want T5b or T2a yet.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    The AG is to rng dependant imo. I have 3 5* tech AG gems and will most likely get the tech again as that's all I seem to pull in terms of AGs.
    The rank up resources are more reliable as I know what I'm getting
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    After near to 1.5K coins or so, I have bought:
    - all 5* shards
    - all 5* sig stones
    - all t1ac
    - 2 t2ac

In my case, I have some AGs in inventory, I still need a cosmic and mutie, but RNG could give me a 3rd science AG and I have no science to awake (cap iw, HT, iw, rulk, gulk and many more are already awakened).

With resources I'm planning to r5 a defender for next AW season
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Resources. I’m fortunate enough to have each of the 5*’s I would use/want already awakened (with the exception of Doom, who I don’t have).

What I need is tools to rank them. And as a compliment to this event, it’s nice to have the choice.

Dr. Zola
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Already have the needed 5*s awakened. Have a mystic, science, and generic AG in stash. I'm going resources.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You can get bulk resources multiple times a month through glory store and EQ rewards and stuff, but only 1 AG a month. Definitely worth stockpiling for future champs you might need to awaken. Besides, you still have some coins left to buy 1-2 T2A even after getting the AG crystal.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    My plan

For AG I got science
    For 5* I pulled Havok
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    BTW there is daily caviler deal which gives you 60 coins and a "deleter" which can also be converted into coins. So your total coins will be over 3024.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I personally need 3 out of 6 classes, so I'm going for the AG

with my luck i'd get one of the three I don't need for sure
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Gems are currently only 100% accessible in fixed content - 5.3,4 LoL, Variant 1-4. Sure, they pop up periodically across the year - maybe 1 every 3-4 months but T2A/T5B are a weekly resource that you can purchase.

Gem + Sig stones are the most valuable commodity in there for most accounts.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I went for the AG, got all the T5 basic cat shards, and am working on the T2 alpha's.
    The price of the T4 basic, T1 alpha's is very tempting, but they are things that you can obtain weekly, so went for the more rare items.