**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Whats the point of energy timers and champion lockouts in aq and aw?

XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
With all the upcoming changes to the roadmap I figured this would probably be a better time than any to bring up aq and aw timers and champion lockouts. My issue with them is that imo they are completely unnecessary, and that they should be removed.

To expand upon why I think this let me present you with the following situation: you are the leader of an alliance with many people in different time zones, having everyone on multiple times so that we can move up in aq or aw in a coordinated fashion and get through it successfully is somewhat of a process.

You're either gonna get through it or you're not and whether that takes you 10min or 24hrs, has no negative repercussions. So what downsides does a timer and lockouts have? Well, it locks out your champions(until the boss is down or the 24hrs expires, whoever comes first) unnecessarily from other content and makes aq and aw unnecessarily time consuming.

So now that you've read my bit, I was wondering what do you guys think? Are champion lockouts and energy timers really necessary, or do you agree with me and think one or the other, or both should be removed?

Comments

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Money
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★

Money

How? Please elaborate.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Don’t worry, if they change the timers in AQ and AW you’ll be able to rush AQ then rush to complete AW with the same champs you used in AQ.

Oh you won’t? Well people in your alliance will demand the option and you’ll wait on them anyways. Sounds fun and totally gives players more “time off”.

Money

How? Please elaborate.
    It’s a stab in the dark. Can’t come up with any other reasonable reason. It’s not player enjoyment, it’s not difficulty of content, it’s not use of resources. It was probably a miss response on my part but for the life of me I can’t get it. It serves no functional purpose in game other than frustration. Hopefully the upcoming announcement can assist in removing one of the games most idiotic sources of frustration. I would love to reduce my bathroom breaks during work
  • TdogTdog Posts: 25
    I agree with the premise of the original poster. There is no reason except “ just because.” I always hated that answer when I was a kid. I still do.

Money

How? Please elaborate.
    It’s a stab in the dark. Can’t come up with any other reasonable reason. It’s not player enjoyment, it’s not difficulty of content, it’s not use of resources. It was probably a miss response on my part but for the life of me I can’t get it. It serves no functional purpose in game other than frustration. Hopefully the upcoming announcement can assist in removing one of the games most idiotic sources of frustration. I would love to reduce my bathroom breaks during work
    Champion lockouts- this has literally been in the game since the very beginning. Could they remove it? Sure. They have it so it forces you to have a diverse roster.

AW/AQ 24 hour matches- When they introduced these nodes, they stated they were 24 hrs so BGs can work together to finish the map. The goal of AQ and AW is to work together by coordinating paths, links and taking down bosses. There are times we finish 6 hours before or 30 mins before. AW can be finished with at least 4 hours to spare if you share energy.

I get the argument for 30 min timers. You saying you'd like to reduce your bathroom breaks. If that's really the case, how is having more energy in AQ going to reduce those breaks? As of right now, I log in for AQ 4 times in 24 hours and maybe once more to help with the boss for just AQ. Some times more if I want to keep moving. Most people are logging in more than that to do quests, arena or whatever else. Not really sure how 4 or 5 times to move if you are sharing energy is a burden at all. More so when you are already logging in for other reasons just as much. I'll never quite fully understand people wanting 30 minute timers. All I can see is it forces people to move more often.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I'm good with champion lockouts. It makes you rank up more than a few champs. Players would only use the same handful of champs and wouldn't get the most out of the game. Shortly after I started Corvus came out and I was lucky to get a 4*. I used him all the way to uncollected. Then I hit a roadblock because I wasn't familiar with other champs and the game gets more difficult with specific nodes and counters. I couldn't simply use him for everything like I did in the past. It took a lot of time to start using other champs and learning all their abilities. Now, I wouldnt enjoy using the same champs in every game mode.
    I don’t care about champion lockouts and 9-10 days I don’t use corvus in aq. Reducing energy timers allows people to move more freely and helps elevate scheduling conflicts with different time zones. Honestly change them, don’t change them regardless aq is repetitive and boring. Reducing them would just make it more tolerable
    Neotwism said:

I'm good with champion lockouts. It makes you rank up more than a few champs. Players would only use the same handful of champs and wouldn't get the most out of the game. Shortly after I started Corvus came out and I was lucky to get a 4*. I used him all the way to uncollected. Then I hit a roadblock because I wasn't familiar with other champs and the game gets more difficult with specific nodes and counters. I couldn't simply use him for everything like I did in the past. It took a lot of time to start using other champs and learning all their abilities. Now, I wouldnt enjoy using the same champs in every game mode.

Same with me. My 2 most used champions for the almost 6 years I've played are Blade and Corvus. I've been really trying hard to learn others by going through master eq. If Mojo wasn't always in AW,. I'd use him a lot more. But I've been trying more with others recently.