**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to play Hit Monkey without taking loads of damage.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
So I’ve got a 2* Hit Monkey now that doesn’t sound great but I’ve used him in V4 extensively. Now having watched a few YT Videos (naming no names) I can see that some people are just being blind when playing him.

So it’s pretty obvious that Hit Monkey gains most of his abilities through hisMLM combo. Pretty good. Now why does that mean taking loads of block damage? I have no clue. Now when you play him this way you also have a pretty slim chance of actually triggering Primal Rage because you end up having to parry after your MLM combo. However if you do the small trick below you will pretty much never have to take block damage.

Instead of a MLM combo do a ML - Dash Back- ML combo.

You get your 3 crits in a row from the MLM but you also
1. Don’t have to take block damage
2. Can trigger Primal Rage every time
3. 4/5 guaranteed crits instead of just 3

Of course if you don’t want primal rage you can just MLM parry but this combo allows you to do more damage, not have to rely on parry, and take less block damage, a key aspect in act 6.

In no way am I saying that I’m the best Hit Monkey player in the world but come on, why are people doing this to themselves? Just ML-dash back-ML combo. Easy and effective. Seems obvious one I’ve said it right?

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'll test it out
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    It's cull obsidian all over again... Great damage absolutely p poor block proficiency.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    @Qfury, the good news is that it looks like Hit Monkey at least has a lot more utility worked into his kit. That definitely helps counter the low block proficiency a bit. But still, seems a bit unnecessary for any champ to have such poor block proficiency.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

@Qfury, the good news is that it looks like Hit Monkey at least has a lot more utility worked into his kit. That definitely helps counter the low block proficiency a bit. But still, seems a bit unnecessary for any champ to have such poor block proficiency.

Just checked stats based on a 5/65

Hit monkey
    HP: 25k
    BP 54%

Cull obsidian
    HP: 33K
    BP: 56%

Far worse than cull actually taking in to account the lower health pool
    Lagacy took him to R3 as a 6*, so he must be worth something
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Lagacy has the units to make running a champ with low block proficiency worth it. Most of the player base don’t
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

This will help me when I pull HitMonkey in 2028. Cheers OP

at least you’ll pull him in 8 years. I’ve gotta wait until 2034
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    @TP33, how did you get a 2* Hit Monkey?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

@TP33, how did you get a 2* Hit Monkey?

From Wild Thing Crystal.

Lagacy has the units to make running a champ with low block proficiency worth it. Most of the player base don’t
    My point is, despite his low block proficiency, he is a very, very good champ with solid utility
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Doesn’t necessarily make him good... I mean he r3ed a Wolverine WX, and there are quite a few better mutants out there.