**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• SHUGENJASHUGENJA Posts: 37
    edited June 2020
    I never complain. This is your game and you can put out whatever content you want. I have never posted a reaction of any kind on these boards but this is literally the worst monthly event you have ever put out since I have been playing. It isn’t fun. I can complete the master difficulty with one champion and have half of the health left when I am done but can’t finish epic consistently with all 5 guys boosted to the max. Only my 5 top champs can clear it on epic and they are in AQ or AW most of the time. The difference in difficulty is absurd to me. The store is disappointing. The content is disappointing. I see why so many people have just skipped it altogether. Just thought I would add that comment.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    SHUGENJA said:

I never complain. This is your game and you can put out whatever content you want. I have never posted a reaction of any kind on these boards but this is literally the worst monthly event you have ever put out since I have been playing. It isn’t fun. I can complete the master difficulty with one champion and have half of the health left when I am done but can’t finish epic consistently with all 5 guys boosted to the max. Only my 5 top champs can clear it on epic and they are in AQ or AW most of the time. The difference in difficulty is absurd to me. The store is disappointing. The content is disappointing. I see why so many people have just skipped it altogether. Just thought I would add that comment.

I complete the mutant path every day with just my Star Lord unless I do some fights with whatever R1 6* fits MODOK's daily class quest. Haven't used any boosts and don't even look at the nodes anymore if the PI is low. Haven't bought any randomizers and have them in stash. Not a brag post. I'm far from the most skilled and genuinely don't understand the difficulty complaints.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    This side quest is stressful and ridiculous that the randomizers only have limited value because same nodes pop up over and over again. As others said, in the future make quest easier and/or give better rewards.
  • Lion101Lion101 Posts: 161
    I was able to do barons war epic, with some difficulty, I have done uncollected and was able to do the epic red rifts really easily but epic for this event, I find almost impossible, I have managed it once out of eight tries
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Lion101 said:

I was able to do barons war epic, with some difficulty, I have done uncollected and was able to do the epic red rifts really easily but epic for this event, I find almost impossible, I have managed it once out of eight tries

I’ve done all epic it ain’t difficult
  • just need a couple counters for every path...
    Mystic= Blade, capiw,torch
    Skill= Omega Colo
    Science= Blade trinity/fury
    Tech= Corvus/CMM/Hype
    COsmic= doom/sym/claire/voodoo
    Mutant= any good tech, really.

One of two of these champs can faceroll the path.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Y_T said:

arsjum said:

As I said earlier in this discussion thread, the event can be cleared with 4*s for which unsurprisingly I got mostly disagree buttons. Since then I've read others claiming the event is too difficult, too champion specific, and in one case allegedly being not worth the effort even if you have a fleet of powerful 5/65 attackers. Honestly, all these comments I just find baffling, to say the least.

I am leaving links below to six different runs I've done with 4*s only. All classes cleared. No boosts, no health potions, no revives. Just some randomizers, mainly on bosses. My Youtube channel is not monetized, so I am not gunning for views here. I just did it for fun and for proof.

This does bring me back to the point I already made. With your teams o r4 and even r5 5* attackers, you guys really should not have any issues with this quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1WZElj32Bw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTFR94eQBc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgAqPKlV_Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO568Crhv34
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbRXenVHzUM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0rLSJe7tN8

nice but you got a bit lucky with the bosses imho

plus you reroll so many times which i guess it is fine if you got gold
    That's why I waited until I did all six paths. You can say I was lucky once or twice but I did it six times. Besides, some players complained about the Darkhawk boss and I faced him twice. So, I think what I faced in boss fights is representative of what you get on average.

As for re-rolling, I am only using 4*s with average to decent skills. I am so restricting myself from using other items. Players don't have to do that!

I am pleasantly surprised though you watched my videos. :)
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

wow, people are still complaining about this even with all the advice that is given.

i am far from the best player, very far from it.
    and i just for the life of me cant understand it.

its super easy right team right path.
    yes i have easy mode i take corvus and medusa on the tech path every day, and then even when i hit an annoying boss those, Beardo, AA, Fury will easily destroy whatever is there.

it makes me think that the people complaining about the difficulty are just trying to do a level above what they should be at.

i feel maybe the game is handing out champs so easy people are developing rosters without any skillz and also that people are just entitled and feel because they are uncollected they should be able to breeze through the highest difficulty.

i remember the days when i couldn't do the top difficulty. did i complain? NO, i said ****, i am not strong enough i need to get stronger so next time i can do the top level. i worked at it got better, grew my teem and BAMN here i am.

i dunno disagree whatever, i just see it as easy side even't average rewards but the rewards match the difficulty as far as i am concerened.

Not everyone has an insane roster like that, for people with only a couple of r4 5*’s these are pretty much impossible on epic difficulty without units

People saying they have no issues with it doesn't take away from the feedback people are giving. They're speaking for their own experiences.

That's true but in this situation I am arguing that "their own experiences" is the issue, not the content.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    This discussion is a clear example of why epic shouldn’t exist and they should split uncollected vs cavalier as two different difficulty modes.

Epic is either too difficult for uncollected or too easy for cavaliers. In this particular side quest, difficulty is higher than usual but nothing outrageous.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited June 2020

People saying they have no issues with it doesn't take away from the feedback people are giving. They're speaking for their own experiences.

People will always think the content is hard.
    Just as some people will always think the content is easy.
    There is no issue with that. Thats why we have different difficulties

But thats just the point.
    There are different difficulties.
    So if you can’t do epic, come here say its hard, ask for advice and help.
    Often after asking for advice peeps can give tips that make the content easy for you
    But if you still can’t do it then do the lower one. Don’t complain the content is too hard. Because its the top difficulty it will be hard for some.
    Accept it is beyond you and move on.
    If everyone can do the hardest content then how bored will the strong players get....

Basically all i am saying is there is not a problem with the content.
    Some people can do it, others cant.
    As to be expected
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Often after asking for advice peeps can give tips that make the content easy for you
    But if you still can’t do it then do the lower one. Don’t complain the content is too hard. Because its the top difficulty it will be hard for some.
    If everyone can do the hardest content then how bored will the strong players get....

As to be expected
    Name one Epic in the last 6 months that was as amped up as this month.
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

That's true but in this situation I am arguing that "their own experiences" is the issue, not the content.
    That's the problem. You can't argue that. So you can do it with 4*s. That must mean their complaining is for nothing and everyone can do the same, right?
    Wrong. People are saying it's too much for what it is. For them. Not for you. No one said it can't be done. People are offering their own feedback. Where they're at. Showing off doesn't make that feedback any less valid.
    I can argue however I want. Just like you can. If you read what I actually said rather than projecting what you think I might have said, you'll realize that I said something different: if someone like me who has decent skills--remember, I am nowhere near the level of KT1s or Lagacys of this game--can clear it using only 4*s and without using any health potions and revives and do so consistently, then others tackling this content should at least be able to do it using their fleet of rank 4 and rank 5 5*s with minimal spending of potions and revives. A reasonable argument, in my opinion. Your disagreement with my opinion doesn't render it "wrong."
    No, you actually can't. You can argue that your experience was different. You can't argue that someone else's experience is either valid or invalid. If people say it's too much for them, you can't then say, no it's not.
    edited June 2020

As to be expected
    Name one Epic in the last 6 months that was as amped up as this month.
    In my opinion this one is not hard at all.
    I am only average player but i have breezed through it with no item usage, not reading nodes on paths and only ever occasionally re-rolling bosses
    So to me it is no different to any other month.
    In My opinion its not amped up.
    In my opinion it falls in line with what i expect from this level of content.

The same content does not have to be exactly the same each month anyway.

If The highest difficulty level of the content can be done by an average player with the highest level of champions available then the content is not the problem.
    The problem is people expecting to do it when they are just not good enough for it. May sound harsh But its true
    @GroundedWisdom you have argued so much before “not all content is for everyone” “choose the difficulty thats right for you” whats different this time?

@GroundedWisdom you have argued so much before “not all content is for everyone” “choose the difficulty thats right for you” whats different this time?

I just said that. Consistency. There are too many people between Uncollected and Cavalier, and you can't pick the one that's right for you when the goal post shifts. If you've been doing Epic consistently month after month, then Epic becomes much harder for no apparent reason other than because the people who are on the higher end are bored, that does more damage than good. Which means we're at the point where we need another Difficulty.

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

That's the problem. You can't argue that. So you can do it with 4*s. That must mean their complaining is for nothing and everyone can do the same, right?
    Wrong. People are saying it's too much for what it is. For them. Not for you. No one said it can't be done. People are offering their own feedback. Where they're at. Showing off doesn't make that feedback any less valid.
    I can argue however I want. Just like you can. If you read what I actually said rather than projecting what you think I might have said, you'll realize that I said something different: if someone like me who has decent skills--remember, I am nowhere near the level of KT1s or Lagacys of this game--can clear it using only 4*s and without using any health potions and revives and do so consistently, then others tackling this content should at least be able to do it using their fleet of rank 4 and rank 5 5*s with minimal spending of potions and revives. A reasonable argument, in my opinion. Your disagreement with my opinion doesn't render it "wrong."
    No, you actually can't. You can argue that your experience was different. You can't argue that someone else's experience is either valid or invalid. If people say it's too much for them, you can't then say, no it's not.
    I never made such a simplistic claim as to say someone else's experience is either valid or invalid. I am saying however that someone else's experience might be clear indication that someone else is not ready for this content, and that someone else might need to work on their skill rather than simply claim the content is too hard. It's not.

You want consistency? The epic difficulty of previous labs was way harder than this.

I just said that. Consistency. There are too many people between Uncollected and Cavalier, and you can't pick the one that's right for you when the goal post shifts. If you've been doing Epic consistently month after month, then Epic becomes much harder for no apparent reason other than because the people who are on the higher end are bored, that does more damage than good. Which means we're at the point where we need another Difficulty.
    And guess what????
    Kabam have announce thats gunna start to happen from Next month.
    Wow. How bout that......
    But whatever the top difficulty is will always increase as peoples rosters grow.
    Only lower difficulties will remain constant
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

I never made such a simplistic claim as to say someone else's experience is either valid or invalid. I am saying however that someone else's experience might be clear indication that someone else is not ready for this content, and that someone else might need to work on their skill rather than simply claim the content is too hard. It's not.

You want consistency? The epic difficulty of previous labs was way harder than this.
    I had the same point then. I made it.
    edited June 2020
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

I can see how epic would be difficult for someone that took over 4 years to finish rol. Epic is probably not meant for someone like this.

Was I saying it was too difficult for me? I've already made my points. My issue was the inconsistency. If Epic is going to be that hard, then do that consistently. Not reasonable most months then jack it up randomly. Evidently there was some validity to my point because they're introducing Road to Cavalier. I can do it. Is it worth the stress everyday? Different question.
    That's neither here nor there. My issue is when people hop on to brag about how easy it is for them just to make people who complain look like whiners. That's not cool. People speak for themselves.
    You say it is not difficult but you are complaining that it is too jacked up for 20 posts and not being able to finish it without stress and “sinking more resources in it”. Anyone can do this with unlimited resources on auto fight. Obviously if you are sinking lots of resources into this it is too difficult/not worth it for you and should take a step down.

The last iteration of labs were harder than these as you didn’t get to pick a class path, there were more buffs on the enemies and you had to do them every day in order to get the rewards. This time, you pick a class with less buffs on enemies and you can save your tickets and do them whenever you want.

Sorry you want a game with the same difficulty every time but that would be boring. You are talking about this like it’s the maze 2.0 when it’s really an easier version of the labs from last time. One thing we can agree on is that there should be a new difficulty.
    Anyone can do this with unlimited Resources on Auto-Fight? That speaks to nothing. What I want is a reasonable consistency that people can do over time and grow from, and if there is an increase in difficulty, it's not so extreme that it becomes a detriment and a frustration to the point where the month feels like it's a write-off. Compare the last 5 or 6 Epics to this one. Notice anything out of place? If you can't see how that's an issue for some people, then you're not paying attention to the numbers alone, let alone someone else's experience.
    Let's call a spade a spade. People make a game out of showing others up and invalidating their experience. "It's not hard at all. Suck it up."