**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

I can see how epic would be difficult for someone that took over 4 years to finish rol. Epic is probably not meant for someone like this.

Was I saying it was too difficult for me? I've already made my points. My issue was the inconsistency. If Epic is going to be that hard, then do that consistently. Not reasonable most months then jack it up randomly. Evidently there was some validity to my point because they're introducing Road to Cavalier. I can do it. Is it worth the stress everyday? Different question.
    That's neither here nor there. My issue is when people hop on to brag about how easy it is for them just to make people who complain look like whiners. That's not cool. People speak for themselves.
    You say it is not difficult but you are complaining that it is too jacked up for 20 posts and not being able to finish it without stress and “sinking more resources in it”. Anyone can do this with unlimited resources on auto fight. Obviously if you are sinking lots of resources into this it is too difficult/not worth it for you and should take a step down.

The last iteration of labs were harder than these as you didn’t get to pick a class path, there were more buffs on the enemies and you had to do them every day in order to get the rewards. This time, you pick a class with less buffs on enemies and you can save your tickets and do them whenever you want.

Sorry you want a game with the same difficulty every time but that would be boring. You are talking about this like it’s the maze 2.0 when it’s really an easier version of the labs from last time. One thing we can agree on is that there should be a new difficulty.
    Anyone can do this with unlimited Resources on Auto-Fight? That speaks to nothing. What I want is a reasonable consistency that people can do over time and grow from, and if there is an increase in difficulty, it's not so extreme that it becomes a detriment and a frustration to the point where the month feels like it's a write-off. Compare the last 5 or 6 Epics to this one. Notice anything out of place? If you can't see how that's an issue for some people, then you're not paying attention to the numbers alone, let alone someone else's experience.
    Let's call a spade a spade. People make a game out of showing others up and invalidating their experience. "It's not hard at all. Suck it up."
    Interesting. So, it is Ok for your to tell others that the hardest content in the game should be challenging and that those require skill for years without ever tackling that content by yourself

but

It's not OK for others to tell you that the content we are discussing should be challenging and that it should require skill by actually tackling the content and showing the real gameplay.

Got it.
    See? Some reading might clear up that misconception. Those have never been my words. Not once have I disputed someone's experience doing it. I very deliberately and explicitly mention I'm not debating someone else's experience doing it.
    Perhaps you could reread my comments in the future, rather than debate your perception of what I'm saying.
    I am not even sure what this disputing someone's experience even means. Back to my point. The HOTEL MODOK event as it is is not hard for the rewards one can get out of it. If it is too hard for you, then you are simply not ready for this content. If some players with maxed out 5*s cannot clear content that otherwise can be cleared with 4* attackers without using any items, then those players probably have no business of doing it. And Kabam should not dumb down the reasonably difficult content into another Gwenpool Goes to Movies event.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

I can see how epic would be difficult for someone that took over 4 years to finish rol. Epic is probably not meant for someone like this.

Was I saying it was too difficult for me? I've already made my points. My issue was the inconsistency. If Epic is going to be that hard, then do that consistently. Not reasonable most months then jack it up randomly. Evidently there was some validity to my point because they're introducing Road to Cavalier. I can do it. Is it worth the stress everyday? Different question.
    That's neither here nor there. My issue is when people hop on to brag about how easy it is for them just to make people who complain look like whiners. That's not cool. People speak for themselves.
    You say it is not difficult but you are complaining that it is too jacked up for 20 posts and not being able to finish it without stress and “sinking more resources in it”. Anyone can do this with unlimited resources on auto fight. Obviously if you are sinking lots of resources into this it is too difficult/not worth it for you and should take a step down.

The last iteration of labs were harder than these as you didn’t get to pick a class path, there were more buffs on the enemies and you had to do them every day in order to get the rewards. This time, you pick a class with less buffs on enemies and you can save your tickets and do them whenever you want.

Sorry you want a game with the same difficulty every time but that would be boring. You are talking about this like it’s the maze 2.0 when it’s really an easier version of the labs from last time. One thing we can agree on is that there should be a new difficulty.
    Anyone can do this with unlimited Resources on Auto-Fight? That speaks to nothing. What I want is a reasonable consistency that people can do over time and grow from, and if there is an increase in difficulty, it's not so extreme that it becomes a detriment and a frustration to the point where the month feels like it's a write-off. Compare the last 5 or 6 Epics to this one. Notice anything out of place? If you can't see how that's an issue for some people, then you're not paying attention to the numbers alone, let alone someone else's experience.
    Let's call a spade a spade. People make a game out of showing others up and invalidating their experience. "It's not hard at all. Suck it up."
    Interesting. So, it is Ok for your to tell others that the hardest content in the game should be challenging and that those require skill for years without ever tackling that content by yourself

but

It's not OK for others to tell you that the content we are discussing should be challenging and that it should require skill by actually tackling the content and showing the real gameplay.

Got it.
    See? Some reading might clear up that misconception. Those have never been my words. Not once have I disputed someone's experience doing it. I very deliberately and explicitly mention I'm not debating someone else's experience doing it.
    Perhaps you could reread my comments in the future, rather than debate your perception of what I'm saying.
    I am not even sure what this disputing someone's experience even means. Back to my point. The HOTEL MODOK event as it is is not hard for the rewards one can get out of it. If it is too hard for you, then you are simply not ready for this content. If some players with maxed out 5*s cannot clear content that otherwise can be cleared with 4* attackers without using any items, then those players probably have no business of doing it. And Kabam should not dumb down the reasonably difficult content into another Gwenpool Goes to Movies event.
    *for you
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

People saying they have no issues with it doesn't take away from the feedback people are giving. They're speaking for their own experiences.

People will always think the content is hard.
    Just as some people will always think the content is easy.
    There is no issue with that. Thats why we have different difficulties

But thats just the point.
    There are different difficulties.
    So if you can’t do epic, come here say its hard, ask for advice and help.
    Often after asking for advice peeps can give tips that make the content easy for you
    But if you still can’t do it then do the lower one. Don’t complain the content is too hard. Because its the top difficulty it will be hard for some.
    Accept it is beyond you and move on.
    If everyone can do the hardest content then how bored will the strong players get....

Basically all i am saying is there is not a problem with the content.
    Some people can do it, others cant.
    As to be expected
    Name one Epic in the last 6 months that was as amped up as this month.
    The last labs we had you had to run two paths and they weren't arranged by class. It was harder and more grind, and the rewards were much lower.

People saying they have no issues with it doesn't take away from the feedback people are giving. They're speaking for their own experiences.

People will always think the content is hard.
    Just as some people will always think the content is easy.
    There is no issue with that. Thats why we have different difficulties

But thats just the point.
    There are different difficulties.
    So if you can’t do epic, come here say its hard, ask for advice and help.
    Often after asking for advice peeps can give tips that make the content easy for you
    But if you still can’t do it then do the lower one. Don’t complain the content is too hard. Because its the top difficulty it will be hard for some.
    Accept it is beyond you and move on.
    If everyone can do the hardest content then how bored will the strong players get....

Basically all i am saying is there is not a problem with the content.
    Some people can do it, others cant.
    As to be expected
    Name one Epic in the last 6 months that was as amped up as this month.
    The last labs we had you had to run two paths and they weren't arranged by class. It was harder and more grind, and the rewards were much lower.
    That still doesn't make my point any less valid. I passed on those too, just as an aside.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Comparing this event to Boss Rush International Woman's Day, was Boss Rush comparable on difficulty level?

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

I'm pointing out that you're speaking for yourself. Not what should be easy or shouldn't be easy for everyone else. Out of curiosity, are you Cavalier?
    Yes, I am. Are you?
    No. The reason I ask is it validates my point. There's a need for another level. The majority of people who have taken issue are Uncollected and not Cav. You're giving your own perspective, which is fine, but you can't really speak for anyone else.
    On the need for another difficulty level, I agree. I'd agree with it a year ago. But I do remember when I was uncollected. So, I'm not speaking in a vacuum. Besides, I've heard from you before that where one is at a progressional level has nothing to do with the issue being discussed.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

I'm pointing out that you're speaking for yourself. Not what should be easy or shouldn't be easy for everyone else. Out of curiosity, are you Cavalier?
    Yes, I am. Are you?
    No. The reason I ask is it validates my point. There's a need for another level. The majority of people who have taken issue are Uncollected and not Cav. You're giving your own perspective, which is fine, but you can't really speak for anyone else.
    Did you ever notice that cav players say uncollected EQ is easy and they need a Cav difficulty.
    And di you ever notice that kabam have called the Side quest Epic.
    You know why they have done this?
    because the monthly eq is tailored more towards UNcollected then cavalier players,
    While the side event is called EPIC because it is not tailored to uncollected players.
    It is tailored to be harder than Uncollected as it is the top dofficulty.
    They even named it differently to show doesn’t fall in line like all other difficulties do.
    How hard is it to understand that.

When cav difficulty comes then expect epic sode event to be easier as it is no longer the top difficulty and will be tailored more at UC level. But for now its the top difficulty and will scale as required.
    Difficulties below top are capped at progression levels.
    The top difficulty is uncapped and grows as the game does.
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    On the need for another difficulty level, I agree. I'd agree with it a year ago. But I do remember when I was uncollected. So, I'm not speaking in a vacuum. Besides, I've heard from you before that where one is at a progressional level has nothing to do with the issue being discussed.
    It does when you're comparing the people who are voicing an issue with it to the people who are saying it's not hard. There's a definite separation of demographics. The problem is they're all lumped together. Master scarcely gives enough to make a difference for Uncollected Players. Which means the people who are having an issue with it are left with 4500 5* Shards, some 4* Shards, around 1800 Coins, and no access to the 5* Shards in the Store. All for a month's effort.
    Compare that to the 15,000 5* Shards, 6* Shards, over 3000 Coins, and an extra 15,000 5* Shards. A vast difference, and the people having an issue never had an issue in previous months with Epic. Hence the reaction.

I've played the top difficulty of every event since uncollected/epic difficulty came out and without a doubt, this run of labs is the easiest, even if I had a less developed roster I’d still say this is easiest, if we went by what my first R5 was, hyperion, I would’ve just taken the tech path everyday. And he’s not even the hard counter, not like how a 5/65 human torch would hard counter the mystic path for example...
    This is far from the hardest side event, it’s not even the hardest labs style event.

I do find it funny that grounded thinks he can have a valid opinion on things ingame that he hasn’t tried but apparently the opinion of anyone that’s cavalier is invalid when discussing the difficulty of the labs...

Not what I said at all. People have no business speaking for someone else's experience. If someone finds it too hard, they find it too hard. If they think it's too easy, then it's too easy for them. Not once have I ever told someone that their experience with something wasn't valid, or it wasn't as hard as they claimed. Certainly not for content I haven't done. Telling people it's easy for you so their issues aren't real is about as ignorant as it gets. How about we all speak for ourselves when it comes to experience? Contrary to what you interpret from my comments, I just don't do that.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    its not about telling people that their experience is not real.
    its saying "cool, great, you find it hard.... well you know what, maybe this content is not meant for you."
    of copurse some people will find the content hard.
    but someone with 4* 5/50 as their top champs has no business in epic modok labs.
    someone with only 3 x 4/55 in their roster will possibly find it too hard.
    thats how its meant to be.

its not devaluing someones experience when you say "this is the easiest modok labs" that just stating how it is.
    its not devaluing someones experience when you say "if you find it too hard then the content is not for you"

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    It does when you're comparing the people who are voicing an issue with it to the people who are saying it's not hard. There's a definite separation of demographics. The problem is they're all lumped together. Master scarcely gives enough to make a difference for Uncollected Players. Which means the people who are having an issue with it are left with 4500 5* Shards, some 4* Shards, around 1800 Coins, and no access to the 5* Shards in the Store. All for a month's effort.
    You want easy content? Do the easier one and be content with lower rewards. You want higher rewards? Do the harder content. Simple. Not a hard concept to understand.
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    You want easy content? Do the easier one and be content with lower rewards. You want higher rewards? Do the harder content. Simple. Not a hard concept to understand.
    You mean the higher Rewards that people were getting before this month without the increase in difficulty? Right.
    No one taking issue with this wants easy content. It's also not your responsibility to belittle the concerns of others, but thanks for the opinion.

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    You mean the higher Rewards that people were getting before this month without the increase in difficulty? Right.
    No one taking issue with this wants easy content. It's also not your responsibility to belittle the concerns of others, but thanks for the opinion.
    Rewards fluctuate from month to month. It has always been like that. I am not belittling anyone’s concerns. I’m just explaining how things are. I understand you are not happy with the difficulty rewards ratio. You’ve expressed your opinion. But this monthly is not gonna change. Whether Kabam will take your feedback into consideration in developing new side events, I don’t know. It’s up to them, not me. I don’t see any point in complaining about it any further.
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    Rewards fluctuate from month to month. It has always been like that. I am not belittling anyone’s concerns. I’m just explaining how things are. I understand you are not happy with the difficulty rewards ratio. You’ve expressed your opinion. But this monthly is not gonna change. Whether Kabam will take your feedback into consideration in developing new side events, I don’t know. It’s up to them, not me. I don’t see any point in complaining about it any further.
    The point must have been made, either because I contributed or not, because they're already adding Road to Cavalier next month. I've already made my point. My issue was with people who are essentially making fun of people who had an issue with it. They should be able to state their own concerns without going through the "Git gud." gauntlet.
    As for fluctuations, we're talking about a difference of 667% in the Shards alone. Twice the amount of Coins. It's not just some trivial thing. Considering the people who actually need them are stuck with the lower amount. Increase is one thing. Imbalance is another.

As for fluctuations, we're talking about a difference of 667% in the Shards alone. Twice the amount of Coins. It's not just some trivial thing. Considering the people who actually need them are stuck with the lower amount. Increase is one thing. Imbalance is another.

I was talking about fluctuations in the same difficulty and rewards from month to month. For example, Epic having different rewards difficulty ratio.
    arsjum said:

I was talking about fluctuations in the same difficulty and rewards from month to month. For example, Epic having different rewards difficulty ratio.
    Well, that I agree with. You just can't deny that there's a definite difference between this Epic and the previous months. Can't name one that went up to 30k+, with hella Nodes on top of that.

arsjum said:

Well, that I agree with. You just can't deny that there's a definite difference between this Epic and the previous months. Can't name one that went up to 30k+, with hella Nodes on top of that.
    There definitely were epic runs that were a little easier than this but as I've mentioned this is the easiest among the labs. Take a look at this version from almost 1.5 years ago. It was brutal.

https://youtu.be/u-mHGnx2DG8
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

There definitely were epic runs that were a little easier than this but as I've mentioned this is the easiest among the labs. Take a look at this version from almost 1.5 years ago. It was brutal.

https://youtu.be/u-mHGnx2DG8
    I had the same point with the last two iterations of Labs, and I'm pretty sure I made it then.
  • PatientZeroPatientZero Posts: 15
    I will agree that this event can be challenging, but mostly it's just boring. I've thoroughly enjoyed many of them over the years, but can not get in to this one. Difficulty is difficulty, so with buffs on the nodes, you may get a hard fight. My biggest issue is the champion level per difficulty. It's either entirely too easy or a total pain. I find this the same across the board. Ultron's Quest, Island of Modok. For the average player, It's like you're a high school American football team. One difficulty is like playing a group of 5 year olds and the next one up is like playing a Super Bowl winning team. Where is the level for average players?
  • Am I the only one who has fought Ghost, or any champ for that matter, multiple times and not received the rewards for the hit list task? I've dueled a 3*, a 6* rank 3, and in EQ and still not able to claim rewards. Will there be a fix?
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Does anyone know if the island of modok ends in 18 hours? The other event still shows 6 days remaining
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

Does anyone know if the island of modok ends in 18 hours? The other event still shows 6 days remaining

Read IGE.

• crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

but

Got it.
    *for you

Yes, I am. Are you?
    Higher rewards? For uncollected, 1 4* = 8/10ths of a 5* for cavalier. You get 5* shards for finishing heroic EQ. Heroic level gets more 5* shards than uncollected can get from the store. And that's on autofight.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★

bdawg923 said:

Read IGE.

Thanks, accidentally deleted it when trying to go to previous mail