**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• The whales get half a t5cc though! Thats where the money comes in. Rest of us get yummy peanuts......
    Where are the node descriptions? We get only one week of war to figure it out?
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

The whales get half a t5cc though! Thats where the money comes in. Rest of us get yummy peanuts......

Those were posted a few days ago buddy
  • bdawg923 said:

The whales get half a t5cc though! Thats where the money comes in. Rest of us get yummy peanuts......

Not all of them. A lot of them have no descriptions.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

bdawg923 said:

Not all of them. A lot of them have no descriptions.
    Which ones? https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/204124/alliance-war-season-19-matchmaking-updates-new-maps-nodes-and-path-identities-corrected/p1
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    So Stubborn tactic doesn't allow you to dodge an attack? What rubbish
  • Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 180 ★★
    Icy000 said:

Gold 2 and 1 rewards are the same as they were before lol. What a change 👎

Hehe some shards more for the whole month of playing 🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Icy000 said:

they upped the amount of T2A you get at gold 2 but barely touched the 5* and 6* shard rewards, which is somewhat helpful I guess but they should have given a good boost 5* and 6* shards cause that's what AW is known for.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    Icy000 said:

G1 got a increase of 500 shards more 🤣🤣

That's not what it means lol, it means that if the defender evades/miss/dodge they will get an indestructible. Nothing is preventing your quake from evading or your ghost from phasing.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

That's not what it means lol, it means that if the defender evades/miss/dodge they will get an indestructible. Nothing is preventing your quake from evading or your ghost from phasing.
    False. It says whenever the Defender's Attack misses/is evaded/is dodged.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Hot take: the attacker tactic for stubborn nearly useless in battle as it doesn't help you overcome the defense tactic at all. Better to just use a champion that doesn't evade/phase than to use a "defensive" attacker to counter a "defensive" defender.

Therefore season 19 will be stubborn wars since there's really not much drawback from using the stubborn tactic.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

wont you have to hit them to remove the indestructible?
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★

ok the positive,
    you removed hidden nodes (they should never have been part of the plan)

then there is the rest...............

nothing to see here

5min timer is a big positive for me
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    edited June 2020

ok the positive,
    you removed hidden nodes (they should never have been part of the plan)

then there is the rest...............

nothing to see here

But even that is tinged with bitterness because though they are removing it for now, they are promising that hidden nodes will definitely be brought back at some point. I don't understand why they're so insistent on this. They're also quite up front that they'll be putting it back in some way that THEY are happy with, not the community.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

Sure, you can still evade, if you want them to keep getting indestructible charges...so....
  • Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    i know the buff is good for people in master and up or platinum idk but gold 1 and down looks almost the same. i’m kinda disappointed that the rewards down there look the same because i’m in g2 rn and i was hoping for more shards but oh well
    edited June 2020

False. It says whenever the Defender's Attack misses/is evaded/is dodged.
    ahh ok, my bad, i interpreted it wrongly the first time. This looks pretty dangerous if you put a defensive defender on stun immune.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Wow, this is so much worse than expected.
  • Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★

Icy000 said:

G1 got a increase of 500 shards more 🤣🤣
    So lucky
    Amadeo01 said:

Sure, you can still evade, if you want them to keep getting indestructible charges...so....
    I hope those indestructible charges are like killmonger's, where you can get rid of them through striking the defender in addition to what the node says which is to block a hit or be struck. If the indestructible charges cannot be removed except from blocking or being struck then its too OP.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

This is so bad, I went right past being mad to just laughing. Basically if you’re not a platinum alliance, you might as well not do war. A month of daily inconvenience to get the same trash. Go back and try again.

I wouldn't go that far, but this chart shows a definite imbalance.