**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• NirocharlieNirocharlie Posts: 54
    Run in a Plat 4 alliance and from what I can see there is a pathetic increase to the rewards. I'd be understanding if they had made some significant changes to AW to breath life back into a STALE GAME MODE, but it seems like it'll continue to be an unfulfilling experience. Rogue choice to announce this as your first change to the game. Everyone will likely be more critical with the changes you announce later this week Kabam.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

it will all come down to what they do with tactics. if they simply run Flow at us again then just screw it. i REALLY hope the answer is not to just add more tactics and give Flow to attackers because that will do nothing. it will STILL be Flow Wars. and i'm honestly just really not excited about another season of control defenders.

just get rid of Flow.

so they did exactly what i was afraid of smh #theyjustdontgetit

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Where are any improvements to the boosting and potion systems? Boosts will still be highly needed if you plan on competing for these new rewards (which are mainly located in Master/high Plat). Also incredibly frustrating to spend thousands of Glory on potions just to heal block damage.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    Great, you guys just ruined war. Thank you. For your Information we will run 2 BG with no items.

• Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Literally all they had to do was get rid of defensive tactics, extend attack timer and give a generous buff to rewards for ALL levels not just those that are in the top tier. That's all most of us wanted and they couldn't even give 2 out of 3 to 90% of the players.
  • XmenSevillaXmenSevilla Posts: 22
    We want a change in the masters after 5 years there is nothing
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    For the time commitment and locking my champs up in war for a month, I’m almost better placed to just join an AQ focussed alliance and just skip war completely.

The changes to war mechanics seem arbitrary but considerate, the 5 minute timer is cool but I can’t remember the last time I timed out in war and it fed into the tactics of picking a boss killer for that particular boss. The rewards changes are pitiful. I’m in a p4 alliance and we’re seeing such a small change to rewards given the speed the game is advancing. 2% t5cc is horrible, 4 years to get a t5cc if you pull the same class each season 😂.

I’m hoping this is one of those moments that we are heard and some significant changes are made. I WANT to play war, but I’m hardly motivated for 1.5 five star (which are a dime a dozen nowadays) and half a 6 star (joe fixit anyone?).

Hoping for a swift amendment to this notice.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

What a mockery for average players really
    Master 1 40k 6* shards
    Gold1 2.5k 6* shards

Are we exist in game???

Rewards quantum is a different discussion but you can't compare Masters top spot to Gold 1. In order to have a perfect season in Master, people spend about on average 5k+ units on potions and boosts. In order to have a perfect season in Gold 1, you just need to know your basic skills.
    Pretty true. But...

...if the plan is new treats for the lowest end Summoners (to get them playing AW) and better treats for the upmost Summoners (to encourage their playing and spending on AW), this doesn’t bode well as a direction for the rest of the announcements for a large number of players.

Feels like we’ve seen this one before. Hope I am wrong.

Dr. Zola
    I should know better than to get my hopes up by now. This is truly disappointing and why I am in my own alliance with my 2 accounts. I get 1750 glory per week running Map 2 and don’t have to worry about the time suck and disappointing rewards of AW.
  • RiseAndFallRiseAndFall Posts: 12
    Wow. Double 6star shards and increase 5 star Shards for Master/Plat And do pretty much nothing for Gold and below? Straight BS.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    The new meta will be 100% Stubborn.
    And it will be a clown fiesta like with Flow. This node is way overpowered and makes the 2 best champs almost useless (Quake and Ghost)

You will not be allowed to dex a Special or you will need to block 3 hits to be able to do damage again. This is unfun and Flow 2.0
  • xneoxxneox Posts: 3
    Dear Kabam ,
    Really disappointed with the changes you made. You broke my heart for keeping such high expectations. Never would I ever believe you again.
    Humble MCOC player.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m most disappointed in plat4 and below rewards and has hope for rewards in win rewards not session the self
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    For the stubborn tactic, a simple way to reign it back a bit. Remove dodged as one of its activators. It's ok to leave miss and evade as stubborn activators as it is, but remove dodged so that our dexterities do not trigger stubborn as well.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I would like at this time to point out that part do the road map to the road map of road maps implied communication, aw announcement number 1 has been out for a bit, number 2 just dropped. Plenty of feedback, not much communication.