**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

That or literally 10,000 Units.

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    Generic Six star awakening gem
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

Here is the lowest I would consider to be acceptable:
    1 t5cc or a 75% t5cc selector
    Generic six star awakening gem or 2 class crystals
    2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

Here is what Kabam will likely give:
    25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

Here's what I'm worried Kabam will give:
    10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    @StevieManWonder I don't think this much of a reduction was not necessary since it has reduced the challenge for people. I don't want different rewards for different people.If the compensation is given in terms of shards or units or even potions and revives , It's not a problem in the large sense. Giving Awakening gems and T5cc as compensation, I feel is not fair. It should be added to the rewards and be given for everyone because those rewards grow the account substantially, and you will be punishing players FTP like me who are waiting for correct counters to spend as less as possible the units grinded from arena. What I suggest, as I have suggested before too, is make act 6 like variant. Keep the original as a variant, and bring the new one as easy mode with the act 6 rewards that you had before the buff. That will make players go thorugh the act 6 and proceed in story quest, and once their roster is grown, they can come back and tackle this difficulty. Takes care of the pesky compensation issue also. I know Kabam most probably will not do that. It's just that compensation given too low or too high will make one section angry.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    We get 1 Awakening gem Generic from exploration. Asking for 2 Class crystals is a lot. Or another generic gem. 1 T5cc or 50% selector and 25% random seems fair I guess. Increase in gold isn't needed unless done for everyone. I agree with T2A(6) and even 2 T5b. Don't agree with 50k 6* shards. 20 is right imo.
    Maybe you got a generic awakening gem from exploration, I and everyone else got a class based awakening gem. In my case, I got a cosmic one, the only class I have no use for.
    2 class crystals isn't really a lot when you consider that you get 3 for Abyss exploration total and Abyss is a lot easier than Act 6 100%.
  • IlikeblanketsIlikeblankets Posts: 56
    Well as good as all this sounds, seeing will be believing. But with all these really awesome plans you have, I hope you guys are not going to over look or forget about Act 5. I have a F2P account and I honestly can tell you I will never try to attempt starting Act 5 or even finishing it with that account. Act 5 needs a little tweeking especially in Chapter 4.

I look forward to seeing if any of what you say will come to be. I'm excited. :)

So please don't let us down.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

We get 1 Awakening gem Generic from exploration. Asking for 2 Class crystals is a lot. Or another generic gem. 1 T5cc or 50% selector and 25% random seems fair I guess. Increase in gold isn't needed unless done for everyone. I agree with T2A(6) and even 2 T5b. Don't agree with 50k 6* shards. 20 is right imo.
    Maybe you got a generic awakening gem from exploration, I and everyone else got a class based awakening gem. In my case, I got a cosmic one, the only class I have no use for.
    2 class crystals isn't really a lot when you consider that you get 3 for Abyss exploration total and Abyss is a lot easier than Act 6 100%.
    i mean cosmic does give you the chance to awaken literally the best 6* champ in the game....and now you only have to pull him once
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

FineDog said:

This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.

I would argue that this means the MOST to our Uncollected Summoners. The step after that is becoming Cavalier, and that opens up another big world for you. That may not be right now, but when you get to it, these improvements are going to make it a better transition for you.
    I wouldn't go quite that far. The Quest blog focuses on innovation for quest content. Innovation tends to happen at the edges, not the middle. If you're starting today, the rewards updates for the earlier quests are immediately relevant (or will be when they arrive). If you're nearing the top, Cavalier difficulty will be important to you. And if you're looking for something outside the beaten path of the core progressional content, then more Variants and Boss Rushes will be important to you.

If you are a progressing player between Act 4 and UC, then maybe this blog is less interesting for your here and now. But as Miike says what it all means for those players is that when you decide to tackle 6.1 and become Cavalier, the rest of Act 6 will be less of a steep slope of difficulty, and Cavalier EQ means you'll have the opportunity to receive rewards better suited to trying to tackle the rest of Act 6.

If you're Uncollected today, your world doesn't change much with the changes announced in this blog (but there are others that might). But what it does mean is your future is smoother and your path forward is better curated than it was for the players who came before you. It is something to look forward to.
    edited June 2020
    @danielmath Who is that?
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    When will the attack values be reduced I want to finish the final question in chapter 1 but if the attack values will be dropped soon (like with the update ) or I should just do it now
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

@danielmath Who is that?

Groot?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Why are people harping on compensation? We don’t even have any idea on when the change is happening. If you have completed/explored it this announcement should be about does the new content mentioned make you happy.

1000% guarantee, no matter what compensation comes out, most will not like it. Why harp on it, it’s meaningless and months away
    DNA3000 said:

@danielmath Who is that?

Groot?
    Groot is the top champ of the game

@danielmath Who is that?

have you heard of corvus? the flow killer?
  • Yeah_ReallyYeah_Really Posts: 4
    edited June 2020

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

I really don't understand why should people that have already 100% act 6 should get more catalysts/6*shards/awakening gems/gold

The compensation should only be in revives and health potions, (lvl 2 revives, and increase the capacity or lvl 3 revives)

By demanding this type of compensation you are just going to enlarge (the already huge gap) between F2P and P2W

Only 2 things are going to change in act 6:

The champion boss being nerfed, which you could previously defeat without having to rank up a specific champ for this fight (except Morningstar, she is useless for me). And don't tell me that you ranked up CAIW and Thing for this fight only

Attack values being reduced by 50% on average, which in the worst case previously would have costed a lot of revives

If you can explain why would you need Awakening gems as a compensation @StevieManWonder , because from my point of view you just want free stuff
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

ALL CHAMPIONS should be available in all rarities. Either through being added to the regular crystals, or being able to purchase them directly with units.
    Yes, trophy champions should be excluded.

They've confirmed as much.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    At the very least as 5*s.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

If that's what you think just *some* of the resources you spent on Act 6 are worth, why did you do Act 6 in the first place? I mean this is arguably comparable to and within a small radius of Act 6's completion and exploration rewards combined. If you think the difference between what you did spend and what you would have spent is that high, you arguably spent more to complete the content than it was worth to you in the first place. You can't be rewarded for spending excessively to complete content.

Compensation can't be based on what everyone spent to do it, because that's saying the more someone spent, the less skillfully they completed it, the more they deserve to be rewarded for that. That's simply illogical.
    Because I like to play the game? I don't know what to say to your question. Act 6 was the only major thing to do in the game for the past year, besides Abyss. I didn't spend any money on Act 6, but I did spend a lot of time grinding and getting units to use in Act 6. It was entertaining to me. It would have been more entertaining to me if Act 6 was released with these nerfs. I haven't spent any items besisdes maybe 1 revive here or there on any UC or Epic level content for what seems like over a year at this point. I played the game Kabam gave us. It would have been Act 6 or quit the game if I didn't want to move forward.

Now with the nerfs other people will be getting a huge advantage. The nerfs are very warranted, it sucks to see ppl not want to do or able to do the story content. But they need to do some serious compensation and I think 10k units is very fair. Please confirm you have 100% Act 6 if you want to argue our opinions on this.
    Units or items like revives with no expiry is the best. Even though I posted above that t5b etc is fine, those items technically shouldn't be added. Because the difficulty didn't change in terms of rewards. Reading through other posts has made me understand that. I agree with units, but as to how much I can't say since I haven't done it 100%>
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    So no any timeline?
    Can we expect act 6 nerf to come in pieces? Like 40% attack reduction can come with next update, right?
    As for feedback - forums, youtube vids and comments under them. Plus you have all data you need, don't you? Like amount of resources spend on some specific fights, paths witch are not explored by most people... Why choose only 30 people?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Y'all are arguing about compensation for a fix that's still 5-6 months out when they just decided to make a focus group to decide what people want them to fix.

@danielmath Who is that?

This guy?

Never heard of him.
    And he’s far from being best champ in the game.
    yup! he's not the best champ, i specified 6* and quake doesn't exist as a 6* :)

@danielmath Who is that?

This guy?

Never heard of him.
    And he’s far from being best champ in the game.
    yup! he's not the best champ, i specified 6* and quake doesn't exist as a 6* :)
    He's far from the best 6 star too. Ghost, Sparkles, Fury, Sunspot, Colossus, Aegon, Doom, and Claire are all better than him. Corvus's only use is in AQ, EQ, and AW whereas all the ones I listed above can be used everywhere
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

I really don't understand why should people that have already 100% act 6 should get more catalysts/6*shards/awakening gems/gold

The compensation should only be in revives and health potions, (lvl 2 revives, and increase the capacity or lvl 3 revives)

By demanding this type of compensation you are just going to enlarge (the already huge gap) between F2P and P2W

Only 2 things are going to change in act 6:

The champion boss being nerfed, which you could previously defeat without having to rank up a specific champ for this fight (except Morningstar, she is useless for me). And don't tell me that you ranked up CAIW and Thing for this fight only

Attack values being reduced by 50% on average, which in the worst case previously would have costed a lot of revives

Please explain why would you need Awakening gems as a compensation
    My initial point was that Act 6 exploration rewards were weak and did not match the difficulty of exploration, especially when compared to the exploration of Abyss. As for enlarging the gap between F2P and P2W, I am not a play to win player. Throughout all of Exploration, I only spent 50 dollars on units for it, the rest was all from grinding units from Arena and revives from daily events and EQ. The type of compensation that I think is justified is what I think the original difficulty of Act 6 100% warrants. Now, with the reduced attack values, the current rewards are just fine since it will now be way way easier.
    Why should we be compensated for in revives that will either expire or, if they increase the inventory cap, will just sit in the inventory. A lot of people who have 100% Act 6 also have 100% all content in the game. I myself haven't, but I am close to doing so. Have you done Act 6 100%? If you have, you probably should understand the frustration from the lackluster rewards and now that the exploration will be so much easier, we should be compensated fairly.
    The difficulty in exploration came from the item usage mainly. One mistake lead to a death. But adding a ton of rewards as compensation doesn't help the players who decided to wait rather than use units to get through since they didn't have champs for many niche lanes. Can't punish the player base for that. Rewarding in terms of units/revives that won't expire will make more sense since you're getting back what you would have lost. And the others aren't punished. As to whether it will stay in the inventory, Kabam is making content for that. Book 2 will come out, multiple boss rush and content for those who have 100% everything which is supposed to be really hard. If it doesn't expire, can always use it there.