**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52

No mention of arenas, we are long overdue a 5* basic arena and now we need a featured 6* one as well.

Today was only about quests, arenas is covered in a separate day.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★

Can you be a lil more specific on when the act 6 changes are going live? And will the ones get compensated who have beat the 6.2 champion boss a month or so ago?

@Gogeta Both of these have been addressed. No date on going live - understandable considering the amount of work. Theyre going through every single fight and individually addressing each fights attack rating - not just a blanket 40% off everything. Theyre also looking into the node combos on each.

Compensation wise, no details, likely to be after release so they can get data from newly completed vs previous attempts, considering how vast the changes are, they're likely to be large, so wont want to get them wrong.
    However, yes, you should get compensation.

I read all that mate but I was hoping for a tentative date for the act 6 nerf given i am currently completing act 6.3 and an idea about the nerf will help me to make a decision whether to complete act 6 at the current difficulty level or pause for a while.
  • arjanroxxarjanroxx Posts: 9

arjanroxx said:

Could you please tell me how

arjanroxx said:

I really need to explore master every month and that causes me to lose 180 units every months. It sucks and so do the rewards

Why are you losing 180 units every month? I do every difficulty 100% without spending units on energy refills.
    Could you please tell me how?
    I use my energy? I do beginner to uncollected with time to spare typically. Ill do uncollected when my champs aren't locked into anything, autofight easier paths when they are. Can sit and watch a movie whilst autofighting basically everything. Make sure I have 0 energy before i go sleep, as soon as I wake up I make sure I move at least 1 space so my timer is going again.

Its all about energy management. I have no idea how you're spending 180 units every month on exploring 1 EQ.. unless you're trying to rush EQ on the first day.. in which case that's your choice.
    Hey man, thanks a lot
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike , can we please get a definitive confirmation that the Monthly EQ Cavalier difficulty will NOT feature rarity gates? Just a wild thought I had...

Thanks!
    @Kabam Miike the hulkbuster buff should be out soon right?
    arjanroxx said:

arjanroxx said:

Could you please tell me how

arjanroxx said:

I really need to explore master every month and that causes me to lose 180 units every months. It sucks and so do the rewards

Why are you losing 180 units every month? I do every difficulty 100% without spending units on energy refills.
    Could you please tell me how?
    I use my energy? I do beginner to uncollected with time to spare typically. Ill do uncollected when my champs aren't locked into anything, autofight easier paths when they are. Can sit and watch a movie whilst autofighting basically everything. Make sure I have 0 energy before i go sleep, as soon as I wake up I make sure I move at least 1 space so my timer is going again.

Its all about energy management. I have no idea how you're spending 180 units every month on exploring 1 EQ.. unless you're trying to rush EQ on the first day.. in which case that's your choice.
    Hey man, thanks a lot
    But sadly i dont have much time to do this
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27
    edited June 2020
    @Kabam Miike you have announced so many new side events AND u did mention that u care about the quality of life of the summoners.

do you have any plans in reducing the energy cost of the side events, like u did some months ago with the easier modes of the side events?

i dont see the reason uncollected now cost that much energy; neither heroic and master too. TOO MANY side events that are so time consuming to get them 100%, and with that new cavalier difficulty, will make u have to spend every single energy through the month to be able to get them 100%...
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Book 2 is scheduled for December. Act 6 tweaking will be done before it. If only attack is being reduced and The Champ fight has been toned down, with no major redesign or anything, then can it be done sooner?

Many alliance mates stopped doing act 6 after it was announced act 6 is being reviewed. 5-6 months and excessive to adjust act 6. I am not a technical guy so i don't know much about dev work is required.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

gsil6374 said:

They gave a tentative for what they have. They can't give time frames for what they don't have yet. It's a detailed look into what they're working on. It isn't an itinerary.

Dude, movies can get a timeframe when a script is just being written. Your going to tell me they can't give one from the development team here. I find that very hard to believe.
    I've worked in movies, and I can tell you that this is not how that works. Game Development is also a very different beast and you can't compare. We don't have timelines yet because we don't have a final list of what we want to do. Exploration of Data takes time, and then so does coming up with what changes we need to make to address those issues, and depending on the scale... we could be looking at weeks or months just to implement them.
    Will the act 6 changes come in 1 go or piece by piece?
    Bc if you would put in the attack reduction now then ppl could explore some chapters while you do the final work on pain points.

I think that would be the best solution bc ppl would have something to do now :)
  • 2jzftw2jzftw Posts: 3
    When will the act 6 nerf update take place? @Kabam Miike
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

And for the record, I'm not mad nor do I expect any compensation from act 6 being changed. I don't personally think it was necessary (at least anywhere close to what is being done) but that's neither here nor there.

Things like no retreat being removed from the champion fight, node removal from 6.2.2 sinister, strength in number pulled from 6.2.5 mordo, acid wash Mysterio changed, etc... being done I'm all in favor of personally. Reducing attack values by 60% and flat out neutering the champion fight, I'm not necessarily on board with. Just the attack values in themselves make finishing act 6 basically a cakewalk.

I honestly hope it's a good move for the game long term even though I don't think it is currently. Nonetheless, if they are going to move away from story content being where we make major roster upgrades through too tier difficulty, I'm okay with that as long as future rewards are adjusted accordingly. I don't want them to start messing with act 6 rewards as that genie is out of the bottle but from this point forward, if story content is supposed to be easy mode for everyone the rewards should be adjusted accordingly.

Then they have to decide what content is going to be the high tier payout stuff afterward. If they slap training wheels on story, people shouldn't complain if variant difficulty and rewards shoot up considerably.

Ya, I am not on board with the attack value coming down that much. Training wheels indeed. I have only completed 6.2. So, I am both happy and a little frustrated by these changes.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    When the act 6 changes???? Need to do it quickly.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

If it’s units that are part of the rewards buff I think we all absolutely would still use them them irrespective of how far we’ve progressed.

They’ve said act 6 is separate to this
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I would imagine working out the compensation issue is the biggest barrier to going live with this.

It’s not like act 2, people will have spent vastly different amounts of time and resources exploring and completing 6 and won’t have moved beyond that power level after a number of months like you quickly do in lower acts. What about people who are just cavalier, just fought the champion, etc etc those are still big milestones within act 6 themselves. I can see it’s pretty complicated to get right.

Personally I’m in that boat, I stopped at champion to explore LOL and the variants, just seemed like more fun And also rewarding (variants) content to pursue.

Part of me want to press on to the GM now just so I have that satisfaction of having done pre nerf act 6. Exploration is a definite no however...

They do I think owe us some kind of guidance here about what us middle act 6 people should be doing...
    tkhan08 said:

Book 2 is scheduled for December. Act 6 tweaking will be done before it. If only attack is being reduced and The Champ fight has been toned down, with no major redesign or anything, then can it be done sooner?

Many alliance mates stopped doing act 6 after it was announced act 6 is being reviewed. 5-6 months and excessive to adjust act 6. I am not a technical guy so i don't know much about dev work is required.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    My other comment would be, why in the hell were they ditching variants!?

Literally the best thing about this game right now.

One every 3 months should be the minimum timeline imo.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Knation said:

@Kabam Miike can we please get confirmation act 6 compensation doesn’t have a time limit

There is no information on Act 6 compensation yet, at all. But I can say that we are going to treat it differently than the one for Acts 1 and 2., There might have to be different tiers, or it may be something completely different. There is no information yet.
    This really doesn’t help anyone at all, do we carry on with act 6? If we do and you decide to only compensate people from before this information went live, then we’re screwed or do we sit here for the next 6-12 months waiting for act 6 changes to come into play?
    Your comment here is probably the single worst thing for anyone doing act 6 and for all of the people who don’t use the forums of wade through the hundreds of message they don’t even know and could be using the 3 month usual cutoff and be in trouble.
    This needs to be addressed ASAP
    If they don’t have information they can’t give information
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    mgj0630 said:

I would never claim that our products are flawless, but we make every effort to catch everything before it reaches out customers, and with the exception of very niche circumstances, we do a pretty good job of it.

To that end, why do you suppose we need a focus group now? Kabam has had betas of various Act 6 chapters, and now Book 2 (Act 7), where all of these topics have been raised, and yet now they are finally prepared to revisit this content, but claim they need to "analyze data".

Based on changes made as a result of betas in the past (Book 2 notwithstanding), it's a pretty safe assumption to say Kabam have treated their betas as a User Acceptance Testing exercise rather than an avenue for soliciting player feedback. Which is to say that they're really just looking to get as many players using different champions, masteries, synergies and the like on as many different devices as possible to verify there aren't obvious bugs/crashes before releasing the content widely. In other words, beta testers are free labour as doing the equivalent internally would take them so long we'd be lucky to see one piece of content a year. There are enough skilled players within the Kabam office that It's naive to think Kabam aren't aware of exactly how difficult/niche some content was well before it goes into beta, which in turn means that difficulty was a conscious decision likely made in the planning stages. Whether those decisions were good/bad for the game has been endlessly debated, but it's pretty clear that's not what the betas were really intended for.

As for the 'focus group', they're probably not going to be asking participants to join a beta server and see how they go with some freshly tweaked encounters. Their post already stated that they've got some ideas of their own on how to address the various pain points (again, they do play the game as well so would have a pretty good idea), so they'll likely be validating these with the participants before locking anything in. There's been literally thousands of pieces of feedback lately and making sure they've correctly distilled it all is much more practical with a targeted focus group instead of starting a loop of getting 1000's more pieces of feedback on the response to the feedback. Either way, it's a positive step that they're actively seeking more feedback from outside their internal bubble.

As for the lack of timeline - let's wait and see the other parts of the roadmap before we jump down Kabam's throat. It's easily possible they're wanting to see the response to their announcements before they lock some things in, just as it's possible it's simply a matter of now having a new backlog of small changes to fit into release windows that they didn't before and are still working through the stacking order.

Heck -- they could even be keeping their options open so they can do something as wild as prioritising release dates based on what the community receives the best. Personally, I'm inclined to give Kabam the benefit of the doubt at least until at least after Part 4 drops :)