**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• c_tribunac_tribuna Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike would it be possible to give a date for the attack reductions to go live in Act6? This seems like the easier change, that would make a great difference for people exploring it.
    I understand that identifying the pain points and reworking them, will take longer, but reducing attack value will greatly improve the experience.
    In my case for example, I have 12 paths left to 100% 6.4 and Act 6, don't really want to wait until November-December to finish this.
    Would be nice to have the attack reduction rolled out with next update, being very optimistic, or in August with the Champion update.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    While the changes do not arrive, those who only have Act 6 to do, are idle ... If it is to change, change it soon
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Wozzy101 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Wozzy101 said:

If it’s units that are part of the rewards buff I think we all absolutely would still use them them irrespective of how far we’ve progressed.

They’ve said act 6 is separate to this
    Talking about changes to earlier acts. Act 1 was changed with a significant amount of additional units compared to when I cleared it. If they do the same with other acts I’m pointing that I disagree with the premise that just because you’re past the level, doesn’t mean the resources won’t help.
    Same amount units as before they just removed a lot from individual quest completion/exploration
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I think it will be better thing is to just lock act 6 down for now and let players play after the changes.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I'm a bit confused.

Already completed progress from Act 1 and 2 will be wiped but I can go back and re-run for rewards?

• TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Alright. So where does one apply to locate pain points in act 6?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    @TheKiryu link at the bottom of Miikes original post
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Link is at the bottom of the OP mate
  • PandayPirataPandayPirata Posts: 23
    I know Kabam is still formulating and discussing amongst themselves how to compensate but I hope compensation is proportional to how much you have explored Act 6 pre nerf. So those who 100% will get more compensation than those who did completion only.

• Jx5priceJx5price Posts: 15
    Just to get this on the record, compensation shouldn't just be tied to overall completion of Act 6. Plenty of us are in the midst of going through it, and I know I used a decent chunk of resources (potions, revives, units - sometimes at a real money cost). I spent a decent amount just on my Champion attempts, and only stopped because of the roadmap announcement. If there will be compensation, everyone that used resources to get to where they are in Act 6 should be refunded a certain percentage of what they used or something equivalent. Im not going to "push through" because I seriously doubt the compensation is going to be equal to what will need to be used/spent. That feels like another attempt at a quick money grab to get people to rush through content to get some mythical compensation.
  • Marvel_GMarvel_G Posts: 42

Kaspy said:

gsil6374 said:

They gave a tentative for what they have. They can't give time frames for what they don't have yet. It's a detailed look into what they're working on. It isn't an itinerary.

Dude, movies can get a timeframe when a script is just being written. Your going to tell me they can't give one from the development team here. I find that very hard to believe.
    I've worked in movies, and I can tell you that this is not how that works. Game Development is also a very different beast and you can't compare. We don't have timelines yet because we don't have a final list of what we want to do. Exploration of Data takes time, and then so does coming up with what changes we need to make to address those issues, and depending on the scale... we could be looking at weeks or months just to implement them.
    The lack of details and information puts many of us at a standstill with act 6. Do we keep trudging along with hopes that we will get compensated? Or do we just halt act 6 all together?

I realize it takes time, but the attack values seems like something you could adjust relatively quickly and give a specific timeline on. I mean, you adjusted attack values in act 7 Beta in like 1 day. Why is adjusting the attack values in act 6 going to take months?
    And then we'd have a different set of players getting a different experience in Act 6 with lowered Attack ratings but an unchanged Champion, and if we do those two, then we have ANOTHER set of Players that are having a different experience than those that will come after when we've hit some of the other Pain Point fights.

This is not going to be a quick and easy thing. If you want to go forward in Act 6 now or wait for adjustments is up to you. While you don't have a timeline, you are aware that we are coming up with a plan.
    The part wehere you say “ And then we'd have a different set of players getting a different experience in Act 6 with lowered Attack ratings but an unchanged Champion, and if we do those two, then we have ANOTHER set of Players that are having a different experience than those”

I just want to know who are these players that would have a “different” experience with lower attack values. Really do you even have a percentage of these “set of players”. I’m pretty sure it’s not a lot of them. Plus at the end you can do what you feel is fair for everyone. It’s like saying something cost $10.00 in the store and you review and say “you know what! Let’s lower the price to $5.00” and you are concerned because people will never be happy complaining because they are paying less? I don’t get it (You will always have those people/players who you will never pleased) why waste time

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Page 1
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

gsil6374 said:

They gave a tentative for what they have. They can't give time frames for what they don't have yet. It's a detailed look into what they're working on. It isn't an itinerary.

Dude, movies can get a timeframe when a script is just being written. Your going to tell me they can't give one from the development team here. I find that very hard to believe.
    I've worked in movies, and I can tell you that this is not how that works. Game Development is also a very different beast and you can't compare. We don't have timelines yet because we don't have a final list of what we want to do. Exploration of Data takes time, and then so does coming up with what changes we need to make to address those issues, and depending on the scale... we could be looking at weeks or months just to implement them.
    So you’re telling us the roadmap is all fluff and are not part of the final list?
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

FineDog said:

This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.

I would argue that this means the MOST to our Uncollected Summoners. The step after that is becoming Cavalier, and that opens up another big world for you. That may not be right now, but when you get to it, these improvements are going to make it a better transition for you.
    Sure, but I've been Uncollected for awhile and I'm still struggling through 5.3. I'm not in a high performing alliance (and don't have the time to be), so I rely mostly on quest rewards to rank up, and it's not easy to get a big roster of Rank 5 or even Rank 4 champs that way. Act 6 is a long way off for me.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Duff12475 said:

Please for the love of god, give more details about the act 6 compensation cutoff date!! Should I stop exploring or wait for the change to go live next year?

Not sure how many different times or ways they have to say there isn't any more information to give at the moment