**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can someone calculate the probability of this??

πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Β«1

Comments

• X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155 β˜…
    edited June 2020
    TP33 said:

PHCs have a 3% drop rate for 4*s

That means to get 1 is a 3/100 chance.
    To get 2 is 3/100 x 3/100.
    To get 3 is 3/100 x 3/100 x 3/100 which is 27/1000000 chance or 0.000027

Sorry but you're wrong ... I get what you did there but getting consecutive 4*s has low probability on it's own .... And getting 3 consecutive 4*s ... Well πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ .... I am sure it's lower than what you stated.
    Or am i wrong? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I am dumb ... I don't know πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not really. Each crystal has an equal chance of getting whatever drop. It's not like the chance decreases just because you pulled one
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The chances of that happening is 3 times 3%. That's it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

The chances of that happening is 3 times 3%. That's it.

That would mean the more crystals you open, the higher chance you have to get consecutive four stars. What mathgeek said is correct
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Thicco_Mode every crystal it stays 3%. I might have said it wrong.

If you open a crystal and get a 4 star. you have a 3% chance to get a 4 star the crystal after. If you pulled 2, and want to pull another, you have a 3% change to get a 4 star.

It does not matter how many 4 stars you have pulled, the chances of pulling the next 4 star is still 3%.

But I must admid, from a pure probability standpoint, (3%)^3 is correct. Even if it is completely irrelivant.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Djin said:

Out of what?

If you open a crystal and get a 4 star. you have a 3% chance to get a 4 star the crystal after. If you pulled 2, and want to pull another, you have a 3% change to get a 4 star.

It does not matter how many 4 stars you have pulled, the chances of pulling the next 4 star is still 3%.

But I must admid, from a pure probability standpoint, (3%)^3 is correct. Even if it is completely irrelivant.

Yeah I think you just worded it wrong. This is correct
    DarthPhal said:

Yeah I think you just worded it wrong. This is correct
    Incorrect. The OP wasn’t asking the probability of a single opening. He was asking the probability of pulling 3 consecutively, which is not the same.

This reply answers a question that was not asked.
    I was referring to his last statement
    This is what the op was asking

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Djin said:

Out of what?

Or 0.0027%
    It's very rare.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 β˜…β˜…β˜…

TP33 said:

PHCs have a 3% drop rate for 4*s

That means to get 1 is a 3/100 chance.
    To get 2 is 3/100 x 3/100.
    To get 3 is 3/100 x 3/100 x 3/100 which is 27/1000000 chance or 0.000027

Sorry but you're wrong ... I get what you did there but getting consecutive 4*s has low probability on it's own .... And getting 3 consecutive 4*s ... Well πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ .... I am sure it's lower than what you stated.
    Or am i wrong? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I am dumb ... I don't know πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    So.. if you know that he's wrong.. you must know how to make the calculation yourself.. so why don't you do that?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If only my Cavs were like this
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 311 β˜…β˜…

Kyuff said:

Good thing he didnt ask for the odds of pulling 4 star Venom, Hela and Ginger in that particular order.

Phew!

(3/100*1/162)^3=0.0000000006351%?

I'm not sure though.
    This is accurate (assuming 162 champs in the 4* pool). Same odds for any specific combination of champs.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My probability is Luck.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    RNG
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    OK now my head is burning from all this maths,I guess probability isn't meant for me
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85 β˜…
    One time they were selling these crystals that would give you a cavalier grandmaster or some other kind. Cavalier was the most rare and i got it and then pulled a six from that one.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Marvel Contest of Maths is my favorite part of this community.
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Menkent said:

Marvel Contest of Maths is my favorite part of this community.

Definitely
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    3x3x3= 0000000000000.3736255.72626.7666% chance. Am i smart now?