**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    So...with hazard shift and cold turkey, if it isn't a typo, it looks like the incinerate and poison only does 0.30 damage over 7 seconds, so basically it does no damage, but puts a debuff on you, and if you purify it, then cold turkey does degen damage to you. Does being poison/incinerate immune count as purifying?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

So...with hazard shift and cold turkey, if it isn't a typo, it looks like the incinerate and poison only does 0.30 damage over 7 seconds, so basically it does no damage, but puts a debuff on you, and if you purify it, then cold turkey does degen damage to you. Does being poison/incinerate immune count as purifying?

Might be a typo. Description in the thread says 30% attack damage. Also, the purification is a big thing. Removes Rulk. Hope that Claire doesn't count as purifying.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Its not a typo
    Its 30% of attack value so while there is no champ on it it displays 0.3 as thats what the calculation uses.
    the need to potentially reword the description better but as an empty node with no champion on it it cannot display a correct value.
    i assume once we get into attack phase and we are facing a champ we will be able to see the true value.
    @Sensei_Maat @KnightZero so any idea if being immune counts as purifying? for example, if emma frost goes into diamond and shrugs off the debuffs, does that count as a purify?
    edited June 2020
    @Amadeo01
    No idea. Going to have to test everything ourselves. I don't think being naturally immune like Iceman and Mephisto will count, but Rulk definitely doesn't work with Cold Turkey. Just not sure how Emma and Claire will work.
    Basically Kabam made the Map and left it up to us to figure it all out. 27 pages and we come to know what Cold Turkey and few other nodes are when the new Map started yesterday. And we still don't know how some nodes work, what Stubborn Tactic is properly or why tf they decided to make such rubbish nodes when people hated war already. Like this Map is tons worse than the last one.
    Amadeo01 said:

@Amadeo01
    No idea. Going to have to test everything ourselves. I don't think being naturally immune like Iceman and Mephisto will count, but Rulk definitely doesn't work with Cold Turkey. Just not sure how Emma and Claire will work.
    Basically Kabam made the Map and left it up to us to figure it all out. 27 pages and we come to know what Cold Turkey and few other nodes are when the new Map started yesterday. And we still don't know how some nodes work, what Stubborn Tactic is properly or why tf they decided to make such rubbish nodes when people hated war already. Like this Map is tons worse than the last one.

Yea, totally agree. It really does seem like they designed 1 node, and then designed a second node to pair with it just to screw with counters for the first one. Hazard Shift + Cold Turkey is the perfect example of that thought/design process. Same with the Ebb and Flow knockdown + heavy hitter and Ebb and Flow Intercept + tenacity/rapid metabolism. It's really disheartening that this is what they think counts as fun.
    The funny thing is that the nodes look terrible. And they have to be faced even by people below who are probably not going to have champs to face such stuff. And for the people above, we still have to add defender tactics to this ****.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    @Kabam Miike , I dont have any feelings one way or the other on nodes or rewards for AW but could you PLEASE tell the design team to never use that background again? It is the WORST. It is so hard to see things and navigate the map. I hated it in act 5.1 and I still do. PLEASE?! or give us the option to change the background color.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    The aw rewards have to “outweigh” the pot & item usage. Willing to give it a chance & thoroughly try aw in off season (potion free of course) & see how it goes. If it feels like a nightmare then aq only here I come
    First war with new nodes just started. No idea how to plan lanes with counter to nodes, champs and then flow. Going to be fun during season.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I haven't gone in yet, I have a DH on the same node. I'm going to try Medusa. DH will be on that node every war this season. Oh and DH is #defense so he's going to be Stubborn too! So much fun these horrible designs.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Q.o.L suggestion already, why the need for two empty steps here, it just means someone has to have two checkins for the second section #stopthegrind

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Q.o.L suggestion already, why the need for two empty steps here, it just means someone has to have two checkins for the second section #stopthegrind

If it's a shared path is there some possibility to split those empty nodes between two people? Definitely wish we could choose how far to move up to make that kind of thing easier. Same in AQ.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

OK, how the hell do I counter Darkhawk in node 2 with ebb and flow knockdown? I tried corvus, knock him down but the window too small to do any damages on top of DH’s ability from knockdown. Only the first node, and war suck so bad alresdy.

Alright, I took it down with capiw using parry heavy and then l3 for the big damages. Not a fun fight. Mordo is actually worse.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    node 15 in challenger map (aggression armor + enhanced armor), shouldn't a well time block with Corvus remove the passive armors against IMIW?
    i fought him on that node and well time block didn't remove any armor (it remove the flow so i know my block was fine). he got up to 22 armors!!
    i'm quite sure that it used to work on the previous map when IMIW was the middle mini on the same node.
    @Amadeo01 Claire doesn't work on Hazard Shift with Cold Turkey. Her shifting the states counts as purification. Just great. Another counter down.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @zuffy yeah medusa worked.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Gregdagr8 said:

Thanks. Capiw actually do well. Build up an l3 and 5 charges. Throw a heavy for the knockdown and then throw l3. That was enough to take 45% health off DH. I was able to KO mordo with the l3.

Gregdagr8 said:

Does Medusa actually shut off the 90% damage reduction?

@Amadeo01 Claire doesn't work on Hazard Shift with Cold Turkey. Her shifting the states counts as purification. Just great. Another counter down.

Looks like ppl better r5 iceman I guess...thanks for the update
    Amadeo01 said:

It's so stupid. The only way to use Claire on that node is stay in one phase. Preferably incinerate and keep throwing Sp2. But then you get cornered at one point. I faced Massacre there as well, so couldn't stay in incinerate or I'd die. But waiting for poison phase, you just get cornered.
    Bottom tiers like T4-T3 etc will have it even worse. Up top, they care about diversity. Because they k ow that somehow everyone will solo or barely die. Down low, noone gives a f***. Throw 10 Mojo, 10 Doom, 10 Void etc on the new Map and even without Stubborn, you'll be throwing items. Or just throw Flow champs and we'll have it rough.
    edited June 2020
    Masterdux said:

Amadeo01 said:

Just confirmed Iceman takes burst damage from cold turkey, It's beyond ridiculous.
    How? What is he purifying? Who were you fighting? Because I didn't take damage as Claire when I didn't shift modes.