**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

why don’t you like arena?

2»

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Boring, repetitive with a pain in the a$$ AI that is pure suffering to bait
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Personally,
    I love this game. I wanna progress as much as I can, do eqs, aq, story quests and what not. Progression requires champion progression which means gold, iso and general story progression means units. When a fair chunk of these 3 (especially gold) is put behind a game mode which really feels stale, uninteresting, it leads to frustration. Being a student, I have about 7-8 hours of online classes (sometimes more), 3 hours worth of assignments, some time for self study, about 4 hours of sleep and some other things. So I get hardly 2, sometimes 3 hours to play these days (was much more back then but not anymore) and during that time doing arena just feels painfully boring for someone having a miserable time outside the game. Yes arena is a great way to earn units (infact I'm over 1800 units now from 600 thanks to arena and beginner eq).. But it still just feels that I'd rather have a fun couple of hours to take on something more fun and challenging than just swipe and stare into oblivion. I just wish gold milestones in arena were better, and the general gold drop from fights, quests etc was better. Arena for someone with limited time to play makes them wanna quit but I really don't, for I want to progress further and expand my roster. But I also wanna enjoy my time with this game, which doesn't happen with arena.
    Ah sorry for the rant just not feeling great today dk if anyone will read this cheers
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I commented something here but it isn't available, said it'll be posted once approved. Wasn't anything offensive just long and edited twice. Did I do something wrong?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I commented something here but it isn't available, said it'll be posted once approved. Wasn't anything offensive just long and edited twice. Did I do something wrong?

No, just randomly happens
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★

If you repeatedly edit things, they often go to be approved. Especially if they've got quotes or html code in.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    It's called a grind for a reason. It's just really, really repetitive after you get to 'Infinite Streak'

What would be less repetitive?

Maybe it needs replaced by something like a Gauntlet; like the Squirrel-Girl event?

Maybe the mods could add 'personality' to the teams. Why don't the Kang/Thanos/whoever teams have Masteries? Or Team nodes? (Nothing too over the top...)

Once that's done - We've got teams for Kang and Thanos: Once they're interesting, what about developing teams for Maestro, MODOK, Kingpin, Sentinels, Dr Doom, Ultron? Even Deadpool?

You could face teams of Doombots, Ultron Drones, Sentinels, Mercs, Villains, Hulk's.

Why not teams of the finest trinities? Ghost, Wasp and Ant Man? Void, Killmonger and Sabretooth? Domino, Rulk and Massacre? Goldpool, Deadpool and Platinumpool?

Just something that could provide a semblance of challenge or variety once you're 20 fights in.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Every game is a grind fest. You’ve to put in either time/money to keep up.

Take Diablo for example. Want items? Buy them or grind for them.

Even Candy Crush. Want to move further into the levels? Spend time repeating the same puzzle over and over again until you clear it, or spend money to use gems to do so.

It’s common, really. If you want to skip the grind, it’s your choice. Just don’t whine to the developers rewarding those who are willing to spend time/money into it.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Even Candy Crush. Want to move further into the levels? Spend time repeating the same puzzle over and over again until you clear it, or spend money to use gems to do so.

It’s common, really. If you want to skip the grind, it’s your choice. Just don’t whine to the developers rewarding those who are willing to spend time/money into it.

Suggestions on improving a repetitive game mode that hasn't been updated in years isn't "whining"
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Suggestions on improving a repetitive game mode that hasn't been updated in years isn't "whining"
    Wasn’t referring to suggestions to improve the mode. Rather, the multiple “I have no gold” “There is a gold problem/crisis” threads.

Don’t be so sensitive. Lol
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    1) I honestly don't like the fact that arena is never ending. It's available to play 24/7.
    2) I don't like how it take 3 days of pure grinding to get a top 150 champion. I've only gone for the top champion 4 times total and it sucked every time.
    3) If arena was in the form of incursions that distributed the same amount of battlechips for the time spent I would much rather prefer that.
    4) Also, I been playing arena for 5 years legitimately, there's no satisfaction to it. It simply just allows you to continue to play the game without spending.