**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magik S2 off of heavy getting blocked

Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
When I have the opponent trapped in the corner and I'm spamming heavy, I'm used to throwing in an S2 in the middle of the heavy animation, but in AW just now, I tried it and the opponent managed to block the S2. I then went and tested this against Winter Soldier and had zero problem with it. Did it for over 400 hits with a 3* Magik and not once was he able to block that. Is the AI in AW just souped up somehow or why is it not working in AW but works in other content?

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Just had a Massacre in AW block Claire's L2 from a 5 Hit Combo as well. Never happened before.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I’ve noticed quicker reactions as well. When to ghost phase-intercept in aw and it got parried.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

I’ve noticed quicker reactions as well. When to ghost phase-intercept in aw and it got parried.

Thats happening since at least 4 season now. Super annoying.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    It’s due to different programming within rol and the rest of the game. Like you stated you can chain heavy and specials mid heavy with magik, but it also works with Hyperion and various other champions. It probably works in other old areas of the game that likely haven’t been properly updated as well.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Yea ghost getting parried/dexed off phase intercept has been happening for many seasons (it's still BS though). Magik's heavy-s2 I didn't know it's no longer doable for war..

@Lunae it worked everywhere else too. Haven't tried AQ, but in story content or EQ or variants, it always worked.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Yea ghost getting parried/dexed off phase intercept has been happening for many seasons (it's still BS though). Magik's heavy-s2 I didn't know it's no longer doable for war..

@Lunae it worked everywhere else too. Haven't tried AQ, but in story content or EQ or variants, it always worked.

Ah okay I’m guessing it’s a different bug from rol then. Last time I checked I couldn’t get it to work with Hyperion anywhere else in game. Kabams always programming the ais to be faster so it’s probably a consequence of that. Hopefully a bug, I don’t see how chaining heavy and specials with magik would be overpowered.