**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Suggestion for attack globals:

Flow:

Every time you end a passive powergain via well timed block you steal them with half the potency (max 3).

Stubborn:

When you parry 3 hits in a row (no normal hits on block in between) they cant gain any indestructable charges for 15 sec and you gain +20% damage for 8 sec.

Protect:

Start the fight with 2 passive autoblock charges vs L & XL champs that activate and stun the defender when you lose an intercept (like Nova's skill) and 1 passive vs S & M champs.

Bulwark and Siphon attack nodes are fine imo

Cant be that hard to create something Fun right?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★
    Masterdux said:

Masterdux said:

Amadeo01 said:

@Amadeo01 Claire doesn't work on Hazard Shift with Cold Turkey. Her shifting the states counts as purification. Just great. Another counter down.

Looks like ppl better r5 iceman I guess...thanks for the update
    Just confirmed Iceman takes burst damage from cold turkey, It's beyond ridiculous.
    How? What is he purifying? Who were you fighting? Because I didn't take damage as Claire when I didn't shift modes.
    It was a Masacre, It's there some interaction that I'm unaware of? Because I've never gotten burst damage when facing a Masacre whit Iceman before.

Edit for clarification: I didn't purify anything, I was getting burst damage when i was hitting on Masacre.
    Ah thought so. If an incinerate immune champ get Incinerate debuff on him vs Massacre, then the champ takes burst damage instead. It's a part of his abilities.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

Gregdagr8 said:

@zuffy yeah medusa worked.

Does Medusa actually shut off the 90% damage reduction?
    Yes she does! She shuts off the whole node as well. So she also shuts off the fury. So I knocked down DH after he was armor shattered and I did NOT get the fury. But easy fight with Medusa.
    edited June 2020
    Seraphion said:

Suggestion for attack globals:

Flow:

Every time you end a passive powergain via well timed block you steal them with half the potency (max 3).

Stubborn:

When you parry 3 hits in a row (no normal hits on block in between) they cant gain any indestructable charges for 15 sec and you gain +20% damage for 8 sec.

Protect:

Start the fight with 2 passive autoblock charges vs L & XL champs that activate and stun the defender when you lose an intercept (like Nova's skill) and 1 passive vs S & M champs.

Bulwark and Siphon attack nodes are fine imo

Cant be that hard to create something Fun right?

Problem with the Stubborn attack in your post would be that parry doesn't work a lot. Might go for a parry as you always do, but it just randomly doesn't work. I've had that happen. I just feel that the indestructible should be removed through you hitting their block like KM.
    Without the attack global that is. Because those are restricted to only #defensjve champs. That makes the global much better.
    edited June 2020
    Masterdux said:

Masterdux said:

Masterdux said:

Amadeo01 said:

@Amadeo01 Claire doesn't work on Hazard Shift with Cold Turkey. Her shifting the states counts as purification. Just great. Another counter down.

Looks like ppl better r5 iceman I guess...thanks for the update
    Just confirmed Iceman takes burst damage from cold turkey, It's beyond ridiculous.
    How? What is he purifying? Who were you fighting? Because I didn't take damage as Claire when I didn't shift modes.
    It was a Masacre, It's there some interaction that I'm unaware of? Because I've never gotten burst damage when facing a Masacre whit Iceman before.

Edit for clarification: I didn't purify anything, I was getting burst damage when i was hitting on Masacre.
    Ah thought so. If an incinerate immune champ get Incinerate debuff on him vs Massacre, then the champ takes burst damage instead. It's a part of his abilities.
    Well that is annoying, thanks for the clarification my friend.
    Sorry to the Kabam overlords for my hasty statement.
    I still feel the node is dumb. You have only 6 champs who can fight the node. Cold Turkey removes 4.
    And people might say that you could just get a single immune like biohazard, but here you just can't attack for 7 seconds. Very easy chance to get taken into the corner. And then the heavy chain starts. Can always intercept the heavy and take the damage, but it's unnecessary damage. Especially in a game where the point is to avoid damage.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

I am just shocked that they didnt come close to fulfilling any of the objectives they mentioned in the prelude, but at the same time this is what they always do so its not shocking at all.

That’s mighty be because s19 was already plane out so ther didn’t won’t to changes it that how I’m understanding it els ther Hav rewinding the old map allread

• KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★

To address some other questions that have been raised about the Stubborn Defense Tactic, the Dexterity Mastery can cause it to activate and the Indestructible Passive it provides will behave somewhat like the Indestructible Luke Cage has, preventing all damage while the opponent has the charge.

Ok but basically nobody is a fan of your defensive tactic at all to begin with lol it’s like you’re not even reading anything here lol

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    No one is a fan of stubborn or flow lol, they decided to get rid of crush and dodge well because those don’t cause a lot of deaths which help there bottom line. I will be leaving aw alone now no more for me kabam has ruined my favourite mode, I waited seasons after seasons to see if they’ll fix but instead they just made it worst lol.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

The indestructible is still basically making you take block damage. I don't understand why. Still makes it better I guess.
    But back to just flow then lol. Also, how does one fight Tunnel Vision node in war? Can't dex multiple part specials. And add Oscillate and Aggressive fury, means that even when you parry, you'll take a lot of damage. Basically need to intercept MLM all the time. Whoever made this Map needs to play it themselves. It's not fun at all. With or without globals. One blocked hit on tunnel vision node is going to take a ton of health. Since you need to remove Falter somehow. Bs node. And you guys gave it the health of a mini boss. That's 200k health to face that way. Have to face the node as well to move up.
    Please reconsider this bs.

Fury might work, after you get 5+ charges he can't miss. Plus after 15 charges, he's unblockable so can hit through oscillate. MIght be the way to go.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★

The indestructible is still basically making you take block damage. I don't understand why. Still makes it better I guess.
    But back to just flow then lol. Also, how does one fight Tunnel Vision node in war? Can't dex multiple part specials. And add Oscillate and Aggressive fury, means that even when you parry, you'll take a lot of damage. Basically need to intercept MLM all the time. Whoever made this Map needs to play it themselves. It's not fun at all. With or without globals. One blocked hit on tunnel vision node is going to take a ton of health. Since you need to remove Falter somehow. Bs node. And you guys gave it the health of a mini boss. That's 200k health to face that way. Have to face the node as well to move up.

Fought doom on this node and seems best champ be just quake style as no worry about tunnel vision or aggression fury or oscillate but can see champs other than her needing ur full focus intercept to keep it down if he hasnt stacked aggression fury up already and if say u get faltered the fury from aggression fury ur basically dead can we at least get 1 node removed either oscillate or aggression fury to still be challenging but easier as its not even challenging its stressful
    Amadeo01 said:

Fury might work, after you get 5+ charges he can't miss. Plus after 15 charges, he's unblockable so can hit through oscillate. MIght be the way to go.
    Yeah. That's one of the only options. Pretty silly though. Shouldn't restrict on mini boss nodes based on node as such.
    Bendy said:

Fought doom on this node and seems best champ be just quake style as no worry about tunnel vision or aggression fury or oscillate but can see champs other than her needing ur full focus intercept to keep it down if he hasnt stacked aggression fury up already and if say u get faltered the fury from aggression fury ur basically dead can we at least get 1 node removed either oscillate or aggression fury to still be challenging but easier as its not even challenging its stressful
    Quake with Stubborn might face issues there. Since you'll keep getting indestructible to remove off. And have to do that by taking blocked hit.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    zuffy said:

OK, how the hell do I counter Darkhawk in node 2 with ebb and flow knockdown? I tried corvus, knock him down but the window too small to do any damages on top of DH’s ability from knockdown. Only the first node, and war suck so bad alresdy.

Quake should work fine ( not considering stubborn)
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★

Amadeo01 said:

Yeah. That's one of the only options. Pretty silly though. Shouldn't restrict on mini boss nodes based on node as such.
    Bendy said:

Quake with Stubborn might face issues there. Since you'll keep getting indestructible to remove off. And have to do that by taking blocked hit.
    When stubborn is active then i hope say one node is gone but as its flow wars for a while and we see like doom on this node 1 node needs to be removed i think as even when stubborn enters the wars its only nick even then its if u dont get tagged intercepting or u not in real nick phase at start
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Hey there everyone, we made an announcement here to let everyone know, but the Stubborn Defense Tactic will be changed on Challenger and Expert maps so that #Defensive Defenders will only be able to store up to 1 Indestructible Passive while Stubborn is in use.

I appreciate that you guys are taking steps to make AW better but ill be honest and I think I speak for about 90% of the players when I say just scrap Defensive tactics all together, all it does is frustrate players and take the fun out of AW, or just remove flow all together its the lease favorite tactics and instead of removing dodge or what ever else was remove flow should've been the first to go because its the "lease popular defensive tactics " do a poll with all the tactics and I can guarantee you that flow will get the most vote for lease popular. Please consider removing Defensive tactics we all want It Gone and the attack tactics are useless to be honest.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    i have a question about the strike counter fury node.

first of all the numbers i see in the counters are different than the one i see in the forum.
    in the maps it says 5 light, 5 medium and 2 heavies...
    i'll guess the numbers are just based on the tier\map.

second, the description of the node says that in order to get rid of the passive fury the attacker need to reset all the counters.
    in the description it says there are two ways to reset the all the counters. once is by completing all the light\medium\heavy missions and the second one is by launching special attack.
    my teammate fought this node and use two heavies... the heavy counter went to zero and the defender gained passive fury over time. without completing the other missions he used special attack that reset all the counters but the fury wasn't removed.
    is that a bug or i miss something with the way this node works?

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★

My team's been G2 for many seasons. We purposefully stay low and avoid getting anywhere near T5. Not worth the hassle / stress / price.

But even then we still organize full diversity, assign attack paths, do whole season and everybody plays. For our time and input, Season rewards were always a joke in comparison. But the worst thing about it?

It's.just.not.fun!

Chatting with my members tonight we realized last we really enjoyed ourselves in AW was in this map tbh.

We barely had 4*s back then and the champs were so basic. But damn... it used to be an actual competitive cool game mode.

Going thru section 1 tonight and all our three battlegroups agree: this version is the worst yet. A whole month locking our champs for this?

RIP AW seriously.

That was the best map by far. Black Widow needed for thorns on path 4.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★

My team's been G2 for many seasons. We purposefully stay low and avoid getting anywhere near T5. Not worth the hassle / stress / price.

But even then we still organize full diversity, assign attack paths, do whole season and everybody plays. For our time and input, Season rewards were always a joke in comparison. But the worst thing about it?

It's.just.not.fun!

Chatting with my members tonight we realized last we really enjoyed ourselves in AW was in this map tbh.

We barely had 4*s back then and the champs were so basic. But damn... it used to be an actual competitive cool game mode.

Going thru section 1 tonight and all our three battlegroups agree: this version is the worst yet. A whole month locking our champs for this?

RIP AW seriously.

Yeah. It really was a fun game mode back then. Sad what it has become.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

i have a question about the strike counter fury node.

first of all the numbers i see in the counters are different than the one i see in the forum.
    in the maps it says 5 light, 5 medium and 2 heavies...
    i'll guess the numbers are just based on the tier\map.

second, the description of the node says that in order to get rid of the passive fury the attacker need to reset all the counters.
    in the description it says there are two ways to reset the all the counters. once is by completing all the light\medium\heavy missions and the second one is by launching special attack.
    my teammate fought this node and use two heavies... the heavy counter went to zero and the defender gained passive fury over time. without completing the other missions he used special attack that reset all the counters but the fury wasn't removed.
    is that a bug or i miss something with the way this node works?

It does not say that the fury is removed, if you reset the counter