**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What’s everyone’s honest thoughts on the new war setup

Sounds like it’s pretty tough so far

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    won't have any idea till you face a real defense with the new tactics
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

This is by far the worst Alliance War Update in history.

1. Map Background is sickening. It's absolutely blinding (too bright). Kindly change it

2. In Platinum level war maps there are nodes that makes you bring champs that are immune to incinerate and poison, but can't use champs that purifies debuffs.

What if I don't have any Incerenate Immune champ so as per your nodes i can't fight mini bosses near the boss area. 2 out of 3 nodes are based on Incerenate I mean why ???

3. Defense Flow tactics in combination with the current war nodes will make war from tough to toughest.

This is alliance war, so there are times when if my teammates dies out I have to cover him up, but if these sort of nodes exists, how will one help. Alliance War should be made clean and fun.

Make games for fun and not cause stress
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Complete trash
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Bad
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    bad. my bg looks like a graveyard and we are still in section 1.

ATM with flow seems pretty bad in tier 3. But when Stubborn comes out it's gonna get way way worse

they already got rid of stubborn lol
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    If I don't consider stubborn, it's all right for me as I can quake through most of them
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

ATM with flow seems pretty bad in tier 3. But when Stubborn comes out it's gonna get way way worse

They didn’t get rid of it, they just made it 1 indestructible instead of 3
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★

Nodes might be fine for you. Definitely not for a lot of people.

ya, it won't be used b/c it does almost nothing now

that's the fun of war though, finding the best counters to fight against node/defender combos. I know most people want war and content in general to be more like arena but i'm not the only person who likes challenges....
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    it’s truely awful. normally i can kill 9-12 defenders and not use any potions. i’m nearly full dead after fighting six of them. so not only did they make it even harder but i don’t even get better rewards....
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

ya, it won't be used b/c it does almost nothing now
    I guess flow it is, back to bs global node with all these new nodes I hope y’all have fun

that's the fun of war though, finding the best counters to fight against node/defender combos. I know most people want war and content in general to be more like arena but i'm not the only person who likes challenges....
    It's not about it being like arena. Probably when you have such a diverse roster and are up there in being skilled, its fun for you. But not everyone has that roster. And we have to face these champs without diversity. War just becomes an unnecessary stressful mode. For those who want the challenge, keep the new Map for them. Give them more points. Why screw over the rest of the player base as well?
    i actually think making diversity mandatory should be a thing, b/c you're right, war is MUCH harder when the opponent is not diverse. That's a great point
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Complete BS. War went from being annoying to absurd. Just another cash grab update with pitiful rewards. Ex: Havok w/ Tunnel Vision, Aggression Fury, and Oscilate nodes.

Buffing content for the top tier that actually compete would have been fine, let Master allinces outspend each other.

We'll either be skipping war completely or going completely itemless. No revives, no potions, no boosts.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Posts: 40
    Node 23 seems a bit too much, having Tunnel Vision + Aggression Fury + Oscillate, especially for a node that is mandatory to get through for section 2. Our opponents this war put an IMIW there with flow and he is incredibly difficult to deal damage to due to tunnel vision forcing a very limited attack pattern and the power gain + the oscillate defensive phase giving him a lot of time where you can't attack him safely meaning fucktons of passive fury build up which ends up instant killing you on a parry. Even with shutting down flow with void he still backs away in the defensive phase and builds up attack which you can't bypass unless you risk heavying which can end up just killing you if he decides to attack. Not to mention tunnel vision can just trigger seemingly at random for dashing back and leaving you vulnerable to just being hit in the face as you can't remove the debuff without attacking.

At this point I might as well bring electro and heimdall just for this node.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Cash grab war. Those deaths are just piling up in both alliances.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't know yet. Anything new is always harder at first. I quit caring about war awhile ago and am slumming it in tier 10 lol. I haven't lost any health to speak of yet on path 5.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

• RigidRigid Posts: 152
    Tile 18 seems a bit harsh as well. Resistor and hazard shift incenerate poison.

Anything that can keep the resistor balanced isn't immune to poison and incinerate. Rhulk maybe IDK.

In 10 hits your doing no damage.

Of course Quake can do it but war nodes really shouldn't be limited to a champ that has two specific immunities and must do two different types of damage.
This discussion has been closed.