**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Okay @Kabam Miike node combined like tunnel vision agersiv fury plus oscillation oscillation wil let them stake agersiv when ther in the aromer phess wil let them gian masive ackt and u really don’t hav a way arund it combines with flow tactics. Pliz fix that’s before it get more mut not many can counter that’s bs of a node combined
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

More deaths this war for me than the entire last season, and I’m not even at the minibosses yet, and I’m my bgs designated boss killer, no thanks kabam, better pull your head in quickly, this is a disaster

And stubborn isnt even out yet.

man we need Joe Fixit to come fix this sh*t show known as Alliance War
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    nolcuN said:

Hey there everyone, we made an announcement here to let everyone know, but the Stubborn Defense Tactic will be changed on Challenger and Expert maps so that #Defensive Defenders will only be able to store up to 1 Indestructible Passive while Stubborn is in use.

Now you nerf it just before Release? Just scrap it all together...
    I mean you can say what you want about them but they are listening. Not that these things should be there in the first place but they do quick changes to bad things (Hidden nodes and now Stubborn)

Its a start I would say.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

@Sensei_Maat @KnightZero so any idea if being immune counts as purifying? for example, if emma frost goes into diamond and shrugs off the debuffs, does that count as a purify?

i would think not. immunity "shouldn't" count as purifying. when emma shrugs them off when entering diamond form it is possible but unlikely it will count IMO. it doesnt say in her abnilities that she "purifies" debuffs upon entering diamond form and i think thats the key.

jeezuz man i know i played badly in my fight and i know there are potential ways to work with and around it,

But
    Node 29. Ebb & Flow Intercept, + Flow defense tactic with Sym Sup there.
    i just got absolutely wrecked.
    spend a bunch of time doing bugger all damage.
    intercepts were not always available when needed,
    and i just got Sp3 after Sp3.

i just can't see any way it is at all possible that nodes like this can be considered fun and engaging at all.
    next time i will make sure my magik is not on defense so i can use her on these fights but my god, its just not fun
    its killing wars.
  • SunnyJim_123SunnyJim_123 Posts: 78
    Fun and interactive???

These nodes are in place to punish the player, you said in a previous discussion ‘you don’t want the player base to feel punished by the node combinations’ but how are these nodes not that?

So you parry to throw a heavy and tenacity kicks in so you hold block and wait for them to throw a heavy so you can counter with yours but after the defender turtles up you’ve lost your 6 second window to do damage and whilst this is all going on your degening from crumbling armor because you havent hit them!!

It’s beyond me how this was passed through as being exceptable
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    @Sensei_Maat Emma might count as purifying. Claire certainly did when she changed states. So I'm not sure. Maybe if you make sure you're in diamond all the time it won't. But if you get out for a second and get a debuff, it will for sure.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★

@Sensei_Maat Emma might count as purifying. Claire certainly did when she changed states. So I'm not sure. Maybe if you make sure you're in diamond all the time it won't. But if you get out for a second and get a debuff, it will for sure.

CMM works as well. The incinerates give her binary charges real quick and just as the purify triggers, she will be indestructible so cold turkey won't matter
    Wrote this on another thread, but the lower tiers(T5/T4/T3) have it equally bad and sometimes even worse than upper at times. Because up top is where the skilled people with diverse roster lie. So they will soon figure out a way to solo all this. Hence diversity is a major part. Down low? Not so much. No one cares about diversity. So whatever the global, you'll find multiple of the hardest champs of that global on different lanes. And not everyone has the roster to keep getting champs for global+node+champ.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    I dont this kind of aw challenge are worth...
    i thinking to fight map 76666 for AQ then wasting resources for aw.
  • FrostOfTheEastFrostOfTheEast Posts: 1
    Alliance war is even worse now. Most of the nodes are annoying and just punish the attackers. I thought it was supposed to be fun? The old map was better at least its doable. Harder war same rewards.
    edited June 2020
    So war is pretty annoying. We all know that. But I definitely feel that it will be much better with a few changes.
    1) Ebb and Flow. Scrap the node. No one wants to continuously intercept or hit the defender to be able to do damage. Make it like Aegis nodes.
    2) Window of Opportunity. Yes it is manageable. With flow, not so much. Since the entire point of flow is being able to stop defenders from gaining power through well timed blocks.
    3)Those center champs between T1 and T2 need their health reduced. We don't need 9 mini bosses.
    4) Remove Tunnel Vision. It limits the champs that can be used by so much. Or remove oscillate. Or Aggressive Fury. One of those needs to go.
    Not sure why we have EMP modification as well in war.

CMM works as well. The incinerates give her binary charges real quick and just as the purify triggers, she will be indestructible so cold turkey won't matter
    Thought about that. Definitely is a good counter to it.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Tier 5, 3 BG flow war. Both allies 75 attacker kills, 35 and 45 defender kills respectively.
    It's carnage, no item use or boosts, at this rate both allies will be lucky if one or two players reach the final mini's.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Fighting NF on ebb and flow node. With protection, he cannot degen on second phase lol. It's like fighting nF twice with the boosted version on his second phase.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    We are a tier 8 alliance and I'd say about 75% of this map is ****. Offseason aw for us are typically the 10 people who kind of enjoy Aw doing one bg (3 during season).... And now the 10 of us who actually kind of like aw (it wasn't too bad at our lower tier... Not much item use for gold 2 rewards) are thinking AQ only may be the way to go... My only theory as to why this was in their plan was originally realm of champions was due to be released around now and maybe they wanted to kill off mcoc (which doesn't seem like a great plan but I can't come up with any other reason they thought this was a good idea)

if BWCV did then it makes sense that Emma would. Would be useful to know if she does. i guess we will have to wait until someone has tested her out.
    Thecurler said:

Tier 5, 3 BG flow war. Both allies 75 attacker kills, 35 and 45 defender kills respectively.
    It's carnage, no item use or boosts, at this rate both allies will be lucky if one or two players reach the final mini's.

t5 1 BG flow war atm.
    currently
    US - 39 K - 18 D
    Them - 17 K - 11 D

what a joke.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Seraphion said:

nolcuN said:

Hey there everyone, we made an announcement here to let everyone know, but the Stubborn Defense Tactic will be changed on Challenger and Expert maps so that #Defensive Defenders will only be able to store up to 1 Indestructible Passive while Stubborn is in use.

Now you nerf it just before Release? Just scrap it all together...
    I mean you can say what you want about them but they are listening. Not that these things should be there in the first place but they do quick changes to bad things (Hidden nodes and now Stubborn)

Its a start I would say.
    The point here is it should not be us testing these maps and giving feedback. I understand bugs happen in game and we need to work with that. But, I don't know how we can accept just bad node design. It's not like they design on Monday and release on Friday. They should be testing this and finding out the pain points. Either they don't test their own designs or they don't know how these nodes interact with each other and interact with champions. They have been reactionary for so long. It's time for them to start testing these proactively.
    I 100% agree with you.
    But we will have to accept that it prob will never happen.

I was one of the first who complained about Stubborn.

And I also did that big forum post about Flow 1 week before everyone ran it 24/7.

Im just saying it could be even worse. With Flow they didnt listen at all before 1 whole season was in the bin.

And I still think flow should be nerfed more or the attack global for it should be more useful.