**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Aztec said:

Fighting NF on ebb and flow node. With protection, he cannot degen on second phase lol. It's like fighting nF twice with the boosted version on his second phase.

Wait really? Did you test this and found he actually doesn't degen in second phase? That'd be insane!
  • Imt1Imt1 Posts: 3
    Finally New maps, new (insane) nodes,... To this point, I haven´t played enough to see if those nodes can be played propperly somehow.
    But seriously: Only real (amazing!! ) buff in prizes are for alliances platinum3 and above. So that the rest of alliances are every wqar season thrown morer and more far from the "top" alliances in the game... Absolutely lost your mind there!!
    In Gold 2-1 I see everyone with 5*r4 and r5, and also some 6* r2, but we just get a ridicolous amount of 6* shards from war season, as if we still where playin with 4* or something like that. But a Platinum 3 has an entire 6* per war season, with such a nice way to rank it up to r2 and start building some 6*r3...
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Last season I was able to get to the boss by myself....now I can't even get by the tunnel vision node....I think I'm done with war. Not worth the effort especially when they increase the difficulty and don't increase the rewards
  • akki_champ1akki_champ1 Posts: 21
    Seems like Kabam has taken all the attack value from act 6 and put them back into AW new map. the path nodes are so tough and our alliance is still in tier 7. I cant imagine what it would be in tier 5 and below. I have been taking path 9 in Tier 5-7 for long but never died on my path. May be once or twice in whole season but today my team was all knocked out in 2nd section... Need to nerf this Map.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    cab55 said:

Another lame update

The increase in the rewards isn't tasty for the people that already aren't playing wars, especially mid-tier alliances.
    Then the solo-events are a joke and to make things worse, new impossible nodes
    Are you guys really reading the complaints of people? Because it looks like you are still missing the problem.

Wow, a comment that echoes every one of my concerns.
    I wasnt interested in playing AW before the update. But because my alliance is in tier 10 I decided to take a look at it.

For context our alliance is ~9.8k prestige. We arent exactly the creme of the crop but we are seasoned, somewhat stronger players.
    Playing at tier 10 should be a walk in the park. But this new map yielded us 15 defensive kills(on an alliance of similar stats) while their defense killed is 16 times. At that point we decided to just not give a #@#% about finishing.

But the point is that, wasnt this supposed to "encourage" us to get back on the proverbial horse???

^^ @Kabam Miike just one example of how badly these nodes were thought out.

And the solo event, sigh...I dont even think it deserves being a topic of conversation in that it is pretty much worthless.
  • MSLMSL Posts: 20
    New aw map is horrible same as act 6 Idk how kabam came up with this garbage they need fire off their developers and hire new more sensible persons
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Unlimited power is one thing. Basically can't parry. So you need to intercept or bait heavy and retaliate. But then you have a mini where you can't bait heavy and retaliate. So you need to face 200k health with only intercepts. Wtf is that. If you parry with the furies, you're losing a bunch of health. Basically making you boost and use items or intercept.
  • MSLMSL Posts: 20
    We got 3 alliances and we are not going to participate in seasons from here on probably retire soon if kabam continues with this and cool part is we don’t need loyalty for aq thanks to them
    Annihilus on Unlimited power basically removes most of his counters except Blade and Cap. Since all of them nullify, and each nullification of fury gives them 15% power.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175

What do you think about this Kabam ?

I just think this is too much in Tier 4.
    My enemy ally even cant pass that Korg...
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Vuska said:

What do you think about this Kabam ?

I just think this is too much in Tier 4.
    My enemy ally even cant pass that Korg...

and this is"just" a R4 korg...
    Haji_Saab said:

If I was still officer, I would go for a 6 path exploration for a platinum 3/4 alliance. I don't think this map is made for itemless clearance.

6 path clearance is what many would do. Unfortunately, it may not be able to land in P3/P4. So alliances have to decide what to do. Use items or stay where the want. It's basically a no win situation tbh
  • I wanted to wait and see how a war would play out before saying anything. Welp, section 1 down and WOW... I have to agree with what appears to be the general consensus, this is rough. In the worst of ways. Some combos alone without the addition of a champ that can turn up the already high heat from a 10 to a 50 are just wrong. I sincerely hope some adjustments are made before Season 19 kicks off. Hearing that a Defense Tactic got nerfed before it's launch is also kind of disturbing.

Now, the optimistic part of me wants to believe that we the players can adjust to this. That we can conquer the challenge that lay before us. However, even that part of me is questioning if that's even possible for certain instances without some heavy item expenditure on the regular. I'm all for challenging content, but there's a fine line between challenging and downright madness. I think Act 6 displayed that in spades.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that Kabam will listen to some degree. I do not expect the map to be scrapped. I do hope that certain aspects get deleted. Where's that dang gon' Buff deleter when yah REALLY need it? Lol Seriously though, my greatest concern is how much more will the already apparent high difficulty increase with the addition of the new DTs? Again, challenging is good. Over the top and ridiculously difficult? Not so much.

Side note - Please.... get rid of that bright white and blue background. It's visually jarring and seriously cannot be good for anyone's eyes. I felt like I was going cross eyed trying to focus on reading the node descriptions while getting blasted by that bright white. I keep my brightness on my phone down to about 1/3 to 1/4 of what's available if that's any indicator of how bright it is.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    From the map build, to map background, to nodes complexity the changes are awful.
    I have no idea how in the world anyone in your team that worked on these changes felt that they will bring FUN back to a module that was already semi-hated.