**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    Okay a bit of a feedback I’m kind like part1 that’s ain’t bad but then u com to node 23 with tunel vision combined with oscillation plus agersiv fury and because of oscillation node it make the ai pasive in the aromer phess so u having a hard time to keep down the agersiv fury.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

If I was still officer, I would go for a 6 path exploration for a platinum 3/4 alliance. I don't think this map is made for itemless clearance.

6 path clearance is what many would do. Unfortunately, it may not be able to land in P3/P4. So alliances have to decide what to do. Use items or stay where the want. It's basically a no win situation tbh
    As potions cost glory, I think it is not worth it to use them to land in platinum. Gold 1 plus saving glory gives better reward than landing in platinum 3 and using all your glory. I am saying all this from perspective of a FTP player who is not into AW competitiveness. If you are into buying potions and being competitive, then obviously all this changes.

Having said that, I think if your opponents keep 100%ing the map, may be the nodes aren't impossible. So at that moment, I would try to find out how other alliances are exploring and act accordingly.
    I mean if the other alliance is willing to spend more than you, it's possible to explore. That's the problem. It's not about nodes being impossible. Some are a huge pain, but if you're willing to throw your boosts and items, you can definitely get 100%.
    Or you need to have a really diverse roster of champs viable.
    Also, I doubt many do AW for the catalysts. It's all for the shards.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    I think overall the map is easier then the previous map outside of a few nodes. Impossible to tell obviously in offseason where nobody is trying but we were able to clear most of the map basically itemless (many deaths of course), but old map we couldn’t clear in offseasons.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Amadeo01 said:

I encourage people to look at the champion spotlights for July's champions: Guardian and Sasquatch. At least for myself, when I read their abilities, it became very clear why the new AW map has certain nodes, why stubborn was introduced as a tactic, and why flow was left untouched. For example, they're both very beefy and can block a lot, including blocking unblockable specials (needed against stubborn clearly). Guardian is like g2099 and doesn't crit (good for flow). If they actually did nerf flow like everyone has been begging, then Guardian would immediately lose A LOT of value. Sasquatch gets some stun immunity (good for window of opportunity node). Sasquatch builds rage stacks when he hasn't hit for a while (good for that oscillate aggression fury node).

Whereas normally, reading these abilities would excite/interest me, in the context of the new war map, it had the opposite effect. It gives the impression (intentional or not) that the war map was designed so that the new champions would have immediate strong appeal so people would spend a lot to try to obtain them.

I am sure it is a coincidence.
    Yup, just like Red Guardian being perfect for that Book 2 Sabretooth. So many coincidences! lol
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    "UNLIMITED POWER!" node + defender with suicide "SUCKS!" (if you can use upper case, i can too, right?)

And I mean suicide with a defender that is not immune to bleed\poison... he gain unlimited fury...
    but i guess you thought about everything right?
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

I think overall the map is easier then the previous map outside of a few nodes. Impossible to tell obviously in offseason where nobody is trying but we were able to clear most of the map basically itemless (many deaths of course), but old map we couldn’t clear in offseasons.

We cleared it easily too but they didn’t put Korg on node 23, Darkhawk Or Nick Fury on EaF-KD and Aarkus on Rage miniboss.

Playing like this is not fun. Completely not fun.

I think that Kabam missed something: the fact that the 6.4.6 GM fight was appreciated is because people can do it with EVERY CHARACTER. It is just a matter of skills.

The new AW is totally far from being a matter of skills; it’s just a matter of playing with the right character paired with the right boosts and the right mastery setup. Either you have them, or you won’t pass.
    edited June 2020

Those few nodes are the biggest issues. Yes the previous Map had annoying nodes, but again down low diversity is ****. So we knew what we had to do. Here, if you don't have the diverse roster needed, you're screwed. Simple as that. The new map does have some benefits. Removal of debuff immune and AoN for one. But then the added nodes make up and go beyond what is needed.
    tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

"UNLIMITED POWER!" node + defender with suicide "SUCKS!" (if you can use upper case, i can too, right?)

And I mean suicide with a defender that is not immune to bleed\poison... he gain unlimited fury...

That is not really a big concern if you bring a good counter like Sym Supreme, Magik or any buff avoiding champ. Also somebody can bring Ronan and cheese the **** out of that fight. That node does have multiple counters it just requires you to play well. Some other nodes/lanes/tactics further restrict the players, there are far worse niche interactions.

These niche requirements are the main reason why Act 6 was such a horrible piece of content. Them knowing how tough and painful it was there and bringing it into AW, the most stressful piece of content which does not even have rewards to justify this level of new difficulty even with the updated rewards, shows how out of touch they are once again. That long thread taught them very little in the AW department I'm guessing.
    I mean with Sym you can get screwed as well. Keep nullifying the fury and they keep gaining power.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    edited June 2020

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

That is not really a big concern if you bring a good counter like Sym Supreme, Magik or any buff avoiding champ. Also somebody can bring Ronan and cheese the **** out of that fight. That node does have multiple counters it just requires you to play well. Some other nodes/lanes/tactics further restrict the players, there are far worse niche interactions.

These niche requirements are the main reason why Act 6 was such a horrible piece of content. Them knowing how tough and painful it was there and bringing it into AW, the most stressful piece of content which does not even have rewards to justify this level of new difficulty even with the updated rewards, shows how out of touch they are once again. That long thread taught them very little in the AW department I'm guessing.
    I mean with Sym you can get screwed as well. Keep nullifying the fury and they keep gaining power.
    Haven't tested it, but in theory, Morningstar would be the MVP for this. Just play normally until you get to 2 bars and then s2. No way they'll survive that with all their furies. I think the 2 unlimited power fights this war, my alliance mates told me they were getting to 30-40+ furies.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

1. it wont work vs every defender (for example Nick Fury). when he turn on his decoy and become stun immune you are dead with his sp3 from all the power he gained.
    2. every fight require a unique counter. sometimes this counter take more than one spot in your team because you need to trigger a synergy. when you have a full path and you struggle to find enough spots in your attack team to counter the first section of the map then you in trouble.
    3. comparing to Act6, in AW you can bring only 3 attackers, you can't restart the quest if you screw up, potions are much more expensive, nodes are easier, no masteries on the defenders etc...
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I mean if everyone went itemless wars, each alliance would finish roughly in the same tier. Of course, the top 100 will still spend but all other 10000+ alliance would finish plat 4, Gold 1 whatever...
    Amadeo01 said:

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Haven't tested it, but in theory, Morningstar would be the MVP for this. Just play normally until you get to 2 bars and then s2. No way they'll survive that with all their furies. I think the 2 unlimited power fights this war, my alliance mates told me they were getting to 30-40+ furies.
    That's a good idea. Can exploit it that way. Though it takes a bit for the furies to build, but can definitely play around that. I fought that node twice, once in T1 and then the mini, and the heavy hitter makes a huge difference though.
    tafre said:

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

I was not aware of that is there another node in addition to the one that grants you furies? Still I don't think it is that bad but I understand the concern, niche node combinations and requirements again.
    Every fury you nullify gives them 15% power. If Sym nullifies 7, they go straight to L3. Though Sym Stagger should work, his nullification can be an issue. And yeah, it's not too horrible. It's just that adding everything, it's a pain. I also just dislike the second one having heavy hitter. It basically means you have to intercept. Since if you party when they have 50 furies, you'll lose a ton of health.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Gomezlink said:

VERY FUN, THIS IN GRADE 5 ...

Amigo, entendo perfeitamente. A guerra na minha aliança principal (tier 4) e na secundária (tier 12) está do mesmo jeito. Geral empacado no Visão em Tunel. Aguardando o parecer da Kabam sobre essas mudanças ridículas, que só enterram um modo de jogo que já estava morto.
    In time people will get used to the nodes. All of them aren't terrible, though combined with the globals I can definitely find terrible combinations. But there are certain nodes that should be removed or atleast toned down. Because even removing the global still makes those nodes bs.
  • UhtredUhtred Posts: 9

In time people will get used to the nodes. All of them aren't terrible, though combined with the globals I can definitely find terrible combinations. But there are certain nodes that should be removed or atleast toned down. Because even removing the global still makes those nodes bs.

You make a fair point that not all the nodes are terrible, but the ones that are terrible are so bad that it really just ruins the whole experience for an alliance.
  • UhtredUhtred Posts: 9
    We placed Domino on the tunnel vision node and it stopped their whole battle group.
    Uhtred said:

You make a fair point that not all the nodes are terrible, but the ones that are terrible are so bad that it really just ruins the whole experience for an alliance.
    That's my point. Those nodes need to be toned down. For sure. Otherwise it's just an itemfest.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

and where are the mods, wasnt communication part of the prelude, where is the accountability they promised?

I don't think that part of the prelude meant more interaction from forum mods. That isn't really their job. More likely it was meant that they'll lean on the CCP program a bit more to publish news items instead of just a monthly champion spotlight. And *maybe* they'll put up more blog posts from devs. But the odds of Miike spending all day chatting on the forum about the decision making process behind the scenes are very low, if for no other reason than that forum mods wouldn't be in those meetings.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Daphboy said:

Well, this new aw layout is certainly..... something?

Our alliance just faced off against a group of players with very comparable rosters and skill. We did itemless and the opponent went for full exploration.... 199 deaths.... in tier4. That is absurd and beyond reasonable. There is nothing fun about the prospect of those types of wars for such garbage rewards considering the difficulty increase. Y’all just can’t get it right can you? Maybe if you have 100 monkeys bashing away at coding for 24 hours a day, they will eventually make a fun alliance war.

It just boggles my mind why an alliance would spend those kind of resources during the off season.
  • DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    80 deaths in tier 6 here and neither alliance finished 100%.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    DodgerDog said:

how does that compare to a usual offseason war? we've never 100% an offseason war i don't believe
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

DodgerDog said:

how does that compare to a usual offseason war? we've never 100% an offseason war i don't believe
    On the old map, an offseason war at tier 6 in my alliance would get maybe 25 deaths at most
  • nelsonroanelsonroa Posts: 16
    Los nuevos mapas de guerra están perfectos! Por favor mantenerlo así kabam
  • Marartur23Marartur23 Posts: 1
    nelsonroa said:

Los nuevos mapas de guerra están perfectos! Por favor mantenerlo así kabam

no me jodas