**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Red Cross donation? are you insane?

why on earth would you tell people to donate to red cross when accusations and proof have come forward, that red cross really does nothing to help people. they line the pockets of their executives, and that is it. even the Houston city council informed us here in texas to avoid donating to red cross. you make no sense, kabam. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf

Comments

• RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    It's Kabam, come on. What did you expect? Logic? These are the same guys that tell you 4* aren't dead but then offer 5* crystal which they said would never be sold. I would be surprised if they also work for the red cross. They are really good at lining their pockets in the game.
  • The idea they had for everyone to help is nice at least. Not sure if we can afford to help...that message came at the same time as the 4*/5* deal. What if we can only afford to to one of the other? I'd donate to help those in texas/fl (looks like not red cross tho). How about a deal where the more we donate (to a different org than red cross) the more in game items we get? Everyone wins this way; the ppl in need, the mcoc players, and kabam employees.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I haven't actually seen this information you are talking about anywhere. May have to check up on that.

However, donating to the red cross is pretty standard and a typical thing to do during disaster relief.

Can't fault Kabam for picking one of the most widely used and popular avenues for charities.
  • True. If you want to donate someplace useful, find a local food bank, first responders (fire department, etc) or church/community center. Red Cross can be a good organization for the first few days. However they reach their cap of usefulness quickly, and once they've done what they can the first few days they leave town for the next disaster, leaving long-term care and recovery to local institutions, which is where the majority of the cost comes in.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    christ you people really will complain about anything won't you?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    It would have been nicer if the game team had promised that part of the proceeds from the 5* crystal offers would go to relief efforts. Instead, they opted for a warm in game message to help affected areas. It's better than nothing, but about par for the course.

Dr. Zola
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    It's Kabam, come on. What did you expect? Logic? These are the same guys that tell you 4* aren't dead but then offer 5* crystal which they said would never be sold. I would be surprised if they also work for the red cross. They are really good at lining their pockets in the game.

true. very true.
    Qwerty wrote: »
    christ you people really will complain about anything won't you?

least we have the spine to complain. this is actually a very big deal.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    to be fair, there are accusations floating around about red cross's shady business practice. I personally dont donate to big time players like red cross or unicef because frankly i dont trust that my money will ever be used for any type of good.
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    to be fair, there are accusations floating around about red cross's shady business practice. I personally dont donate to big time players like red cross or unicef because frankly i dont trust that my money will ever be used for any type of good.

yup, the link I posted covers exactly those