**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Level 60 Requirement for Canadian Difficulty

124»

Comments

• Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    So what happens after book 2 is launched and there is a new title greater than cavalier? And endgamers start asking for an even higher difficulty....It will eventually happen. Guess we will finally get our wish of increasing the level cap since Kabam has now backed themselves to the wall making the gate for cavalier difficulty SQ level 60. No wiggle room left but to relent to that years old request from the community when that happens.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

My larger concern is for those who are advising people to plow through Story without fully developing along the way. Taking a shortcut to the big Rewards isn't helpful in the long run. You can get the Champs and the Title, but if you don't put the time in and grow properly...

“Proper growth” sounds like something that would vary from summoner to summoner lol
    Growing properly in the sense I used means developing Accounts over time. Something as small as leveling fully allows someone to make use of a full Mastery setup. There are other aspects to spending adequate time growing Accounts, but it consists of more than just doing Story to gain access to Cavs.
    I get that but understand proper growth for us(people who have played a good while) isn’t the same for people that started say in the last 4-6months...they get everything faster than what we did. Masteries wise anything important is gathered close to lvl50(I’m sure you remember how slow leveling goes after that lol) everything is like icing on the cake masteries.
    People going from Day 1 to Cavalier in 4-6 months is part of the problem. That isn't really a natural trajectory for growth. Can they do it? Sure. They miss out on a great deal that way.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

My larger concern is for those who are advising people to plow through Story without fully developing along the way. Taking a shortcut to the big Rewards isn't helpful in the long run. You can get the Champs and the Title, but if you don't put the time in and grow properly...

“Proper growth” sounds like something that would vary from summoner to summoner lol
    Growing properly in the sense I used means developing Accounts over time. Something as small as leveling fully allows someone to make use of a full Mastery setup. There are other aspects to spending adequate time growing Accounts, but it consists of more than just doing Story to gain access to Cavs.
    I get that but understand proper growth for us(people who have played a good while) isn’t the same for people that started say in the last 4-6months...they get everything faster than what we did. Masteries wise anything important is gathered close to lvl50(I’m sure you remember how slow leveling goes after that lol) everything is like icing on the cake masteries.
    People going from Day 1 to Cavalier in 4-6 months is part of the problem. That isn't really a natural trajectory for growth. Can they do it? Sure. They miss out on a great deal that way.
    But it is pretty easy to do that in 4-6 months with the game’s current economy if you are a skilled player, heck you see youtubers getting there in under a month
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★

Great deal I feel is a bit of a stretch as most of act1-4 rewards are rather outdated(for the most part) for even new players bc of how fast the current growth rate is. Like almost anything you would get in a reward sense for making the grind can be found in the multiple stores now.

So what happens after book 2 is launched and there is a new title greater than cavalier? And endgamers start asking for an even higher difficulty....It will eventually happen. Guess we will finally get our wish of increasing the level cap since Kabam has now backed themselves to the wall making the gate for cavalier difficulty SQ level 60. No wiggle room left but to relent to that years old request from the community when that happens.

I mean I hope they increase it bc of this tbh, means the possibility of extra mastery points😂
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Why have you done all that and not finished leveling?

@GroundedWisdom Didn’t think it would be needed. I knew that if I took a pace that I was comfortable with that I would earn my masteries in time. I didn’t expect them to release a difficulty with a level cap vs a difficulty with a title cap.
    When Kabam release UC EQ and/or Epic side Quests, most of the time there is level cap (level 40 and above). Is that new to you?

Great deal I feel is a bit of a stretch as most of act1-4 rewards are rather outdated(for the most part) for even new players bc of how fast the current growth rate is. Like almost anything you would get in a reward sense for making the grind can be found in the multiple stores now.
    Getting Rewards is only one part of the game. Another is spending time acquiring Resources to Rank them, gaining experience using those Rewards, developing a knowledge of the game overall and of all aspects, putting time in. There's no way to fast track that.

Getting Rewards is only one part of the game. Another is spending time acquiring Resources to Rank them, gaining experience using those Rewards, developing a knowledge of the game overall and of all aspects, putting time in. There's no way to fast track that.
    Xp that’s true enough. The rest though are easily accessible in any part of the game. And at the current state of the game are just as easy to acquire in relatively short amounts of time lol
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★

Mike439 said:

Idk if they’ve always been level based, so be it. They’re being consistent at least.

The Monthly event quest will be available for all levels as long as you’re Cav. Seems fair as long as it’s consistent.

I do agree some heads up Over the last 2 weeks would have been appreciated for those who are close

Yeah, it was sort of expected, but the way that they were saying things made it seem like it would be limited to Cavaliers. At this point a level 60 Uncollected could do the difficulty while I cannot despite having done Elder’s bane and Cavalier. I just didn’t expect them to do it in this way and that is on me. Still, the communication was not super reliable and now, I’m missing out on so many resources that I could use to R5 a 4th champion.
    If someone is level 60 UC they aren't going to do very well.

The difficulty will surely be at least as tough as 6.1-6.2
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    How come when the level 40 requirement came our for uncollected content no one cared but as soon it is level 60 for cavalier content it's a issue
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I feel a bigger majority of the player base was level forty by the time that side quest came out.

I feel a bigger majority of the player base was level forty by the time that side quest came out.

And if feel like people who are cavalier should've been level 60 a long time ago
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

And if feel like people who are cavalier should've been level 60 a long time ago
    @Zuro Maybe, maybe not. I would be level 60 except I was an utter idiot and didn’t use exp boosts. The main issue I have is actually the same point someone made before. If Book 2 adds a new title then they’ll need to have a new difficulty meaning a higher level cap for side quests. That is why it was so unexpected, because after level 60 there is no more level growth.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243

Except there are so many community tools out there now. I'm guessing they've spend their tme viewing CCP and other players YT videos to learn the best strategies to play their best out of the gate instead of the trial and error method of the players that have been playing 3+ years before their was Act 5, act 6, monthly SQ, and Act 4 was the only place they could spend time playing. Time doing research is no less meaningful than time grinding outdated Acts.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Kabam doesn't need a reason to do anything. If the requirement is level 60 and you want to play it, grind to level 60. Easy. Start clearing act 4 with exp boosts.

Every time something new comes out it's a bunch of QQ. If you are smart enough to grind cavalier then you won't have an issue grinding to level 60.

Zuro said:

@Zuro Maybe, maybe not. I would be level 60 except I was an utter idiot and didn’t use exp boosts. The main issue I have is actually the same point someone made before. If Book 2 adds a new title then they’ll need to have a new difficulty meaning a higher level cap for side quests. That is why it was so unexpected, because after level 60 there is no more level growth.
    They already said they didn't have any plans on raising the max level anytime soon a while back so I doubt that there would be a level cap for the new title anyways and if there was I'm pretty sure going through book 2 would help us reach that level anyways
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I dont understand why you would not have wanted to level just for the mysteries..
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    OneMast3r said:

Kabam doesn't need a reason to do anything. If the requirement is level 60 and you want to play it, grind to level 60. Easy. Start clearing act 4 with exp boosts.

Every time something new comes out it's a bunch of QQ. If you are smart enough to grind cavalier then you won't have an issue grinding to level 60.

@OneMast3r Grinding level 60 is much more monotonous and time consuming than anything besides Elder’s Bane. I’m currently trying to get level 60 and it’s just so... bland. The fights have too much health In act 4 chapter 4 so even R5 champs can’t just auto fight each fight. The energy cost is ridiculous (even with energy changes) so I basically either have to wait a few hours or buy an energy refill (not to mention I don’t have the summoner’s sigil). This all is going to probably add up and make me not even want to do 100% Uncollected EQ. It’s just annoying.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    My only issue is that this is not worth complaining about, but that's my opinion. I made to lvl 60 before completing act 4 because as soon as I started getting xp boosts, I started using them and getting that out of the way. Mastery points surely was a great motivator. Pick your fights people. You have 1 month if I am right to get to lvl 60 and start doing the Canadian difficulty. You can finish everything else and since it costs no energy, you can do it in a single day on the last week. This little thing is not arguing over when we have so many issues to deal with.

Except there are so many community tools out there now. I'm guessing they've spend their tme viewing CCP and other players YT videos to learn the best strategies to play their best out of the gate instead of the trial and error method of the players that have been playing 3+ years before their was Act 5, act 6, monthly SQ, and Act 4 was the only place they could spend time playing. Time doing research is no less meaningful than time grinding outdated Acts.
    People can research the fastest way to do things, but there's no substitute for putting the time in.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I dont understand why you would not have wanted to level just for the mysteries..
This discussion has been closed.