**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    It is agersiv furv in tier4 I’m believe
  • miguel1812miguel1812 Posts: 1
    The new war map seems much worse to me than the old one.
    I prefer to go back to the old map than to play on the new map, with all due respect, the map is orrible
  • ElovetteElovette Posts: 1
    If something isn’t done about these crazy nodes in AW, Kabam is going to lose a lot of players. My entire alliance is talking about quitting the game. Why play if it isn’t fun anymore???
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    For whatever it's worth, if anyone is interested, I found AA to be an effective counter to Domino on node 23. Give it a try if she's causing trouble. My AA is r5 and I had suicides on (if it matters).

Opening move is a dash back. You can't allow her to strike your block twice. Maintain your distance throughout the fight to force her to close the gap with a parry-able attack. And do what AA does best, parry/heavy. If you get decent enough rng, you'll have a few neuros on her after a bit. It still can be difficult to execute depending on the AI behavior, and as with any fight can go sideways quickly, but it worked for me.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

Unfortunately, this has been the method of operation regarding AW changes for a while now. This isn't new.

Company releases notes for changes to the game mode. Players read notes, voice concerns and warn that certain node/champion/defense tactics combinations will be problematic in advance. Giving specific examples. Company releases content anyway. Players are then used to test it, on the main server, using real items and playing for real rewards. Players report back that in fact, the problematic interactions they warned about are happening. Company reviews data and announces changes to the nodes/tactics (for next season). More players lose interest in the game mode in the process. This has been the model for quite some time if you think about it.

We are the customers, it's not our job to test the game, especially on the live servers. Unless, the whole thing is designed as part of a negotiation tactic. Or a test to locate exactly where the line in the sand is. What the players are or aren't willing to put up with. Frankly, It's really disheartening to see the same patterns repeat over and over. The Company's words express a desire to change. Their actions remain the same. At least as it relates to AW and the level of communication that goes into it's implimentation.

Don't get me wrong, many of the ideas listed in the road map sound great! And I'm looking forward to them, but this whole repeating cycle of how AW changes are implimented is very disheartening.

Side note: Were we really expected to believe that the "reward" for completing an intercept in Ebb and Flow was actually a reward? The purpose of the precision passive isn't to give us extra damage (even if it were, it's weak) it's a Ghost nerf.. straight up. First of all 6 seconds is nothing, especially knowing full well that we will all place defenders who have anti-intercept abilities and/or their own built in damage shields. Making it so that even if we manage to land an intercept on an opponent who was designed to resist them, we have to line up a window within a window... Just to do normal damage for one combo?
    "It's bananas." - Gwen Stefani

while you are mostly right and i agree mostly,

making content that Ghost cannot do is not Nerfing ghost.
    content will always be created to favor some champs while cutting others out.

stubborn defense tactic more so shuts out quake and ghost.
    but once again is not a nerf.

content will always be designed in any game to favor some champs and shut others out.

the problem is that the champ selection options become too narrow.
    they are too narrow by node design.
    then narrowed even more by defender placement.

AW nodes are a complete joke.

but yes, if kabam do not change AW many many many allies will stop war, stop spending in war and or quit the game

Unfortunately, this has been the method of operation regarding AW changes for a while now. This isn't new.

Company releases notes for changes to the game mode. Players read notes, voice concerns and warn that certain node/champion/defense tactics combinations will be problematic in advance. Giving specific examples. Company releases content anyway. Players are then used to test it, on the main server, using real items and playing for real rewards. Players report back that in fact, the problematic interactions they warned about are happening. Company reviews data and announces changes to the nodes/tactics (for next season). More players lose interest in the game mode in the process. This has been the model for quite some time if you think about it.

We are the customers, it's not our job to test the game, especially on the live servers. Unless, the whole thing is designed as part of a negotiation tactic. Or a test to locate exactly where the line in the sand is. What the players are or aren't willing to put up with. Frankly, It's really disheartening to see the same patterns repeat over and over. The Company's words express a desire to change. Their actions remain the same. At least as it relates to AW and the level of communication that goes into it's implimentation.

Don't get me wrong, many of the ideas listed in the road map sound great! And I'm looking forward to them, but this whole repeating cycle of how AW changes are implimented is very disheartening.

Side note: Were we really expected to believe that the "reward" for completing an intercept in Ebb and Flow was actually a reward? The purpose of the precision passive isn't to give us extra damage (even if it were, it's weak) it's a Ghost nerf.. straight up. First of all 6 seconds is nothing, especially knowing full well that we will all place defenders who have anti-intercept abilities and/or their own built in damage shields. Making it so that even if we manage to land an intercept on an opponent who was designed to resist them, we have to line up a window within a window... Just to do normal damage for one combo?

content will always be designed in any game to favor some champs and shut others out.

but yes, if kabam do not change AW many many many allies will stop war, stop spending in war and or quit the game
    The point of my comment regarding Ghost was more referring to the fact that the precision passive was presented to us as tool we are supposed to use to be successful in the fight. The truth is, that it's actually a very ineffective tool even if that is what it was truly meant to be. That's what I find offensive, not simply that Ghost was "nerfed" in this specific encounter (sure, I do understand the difference), but that it seems very underhanded to present it as something that's supposed to be a tool for us to use, when in reality it's a disadvantage and furthers narrows who you can use in the encounter. Why didn't they offer a fury like they did in the other? Surely you can see what they did here. If the disadvantage was separate from the actual tool they were supposed to be giving us, I wouldn't have made the comment to begin with. It's the fact that it was presented a disadvantage and called it an advantage that I take issue with.

Thanks for your positive response. I agree, using the word nerf wasn't entirely accurate. I just meant for that particular encounter. The main point for me in that statement was more about the fact that it was presented to us as a tool we could use to help us in the encounter. And not as a means to exclude certain attackers from successfully taking it on. It wasn't presented that way, but I believe that's what it is. Why wouldn't they just give you the same fury they give you in the other version of the node? Had they used a mechanic to discourage use of Ghost separately, and also gave a us a real tool we could use in the fight I wouldn't have been nearly as offense by it. Hope that clarifies my position a little.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Well this aw node system is absolutely horrible and parrys are way off and certain nodes are putrid, money making shambles it is, and the big guys will get to smash alot of the smaller allies that aint even close to their lvl. Whales win and others lose but really only winner is old kabam odins wallet
  • nelsonroanelsonroa Posts: 16
    edited June 2020
    Greetings developers, I think the war maps are fine! they must keep them that way. don't listen to so many people who want it all for free
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

So is it fair to say people don’t like the new aw?

Honestly everyone has to step back. This is where they see the game going, this is their design. The road map is just lip service, there is no details, I don’t see them deviating from their course.

They tested this new war map. They knew how hard it was going to be. They still released it, during the time period where they are putting out road maps telling us they are listening.

Anyone who knows this game read the first war announcement and said wtf, yet here we are. When the next roadmap comes out Monday, the one that was originally so bad the ccp told them not to so they took the weekend to rewrite it, remember the road map is not their direction. It’s lip service, focus on what they are doing not on what they say they may do

Why do you even play the game man? You've got to be one of the most negative miserable people I've seen concerning a game that someone still inexplicably plays.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Replay don’t find ebb and flow that fun at all. The protection % is definitely too high, and the precision should reset every time the action is completed.
    I think one of the easiest changes they could make for war that would make especially lower tier wars more tolerable with defensive tactics, is forced diversity.

Plenty of people have mentioned that facing entire maps full of Dooms, Magiks, Mojos, etc... with siphon or flow make the lower tier wars much more painful and I completely agree. We probably face far more R3s and more new defenders in T1 but almost everyone runs full diversity so that definitely alleviates some of the pain.
  • Unawakened2Unawakened2 Posts: 14

Forced diversity and only being able to use each tactic so many times a season or not being able to reuse one until you've used all others would shake things up a bit and not have things feel so static

I’ve had the same idea and thought this would be an amazing solution to make wars more interesting. However, it would be a potential nightmare for both players and officers to manage. Having to identify several different defensive teams and then determine optimal nodes. That could be a full-time job. But again, this is the type of thinking and discussion that should be happening.

Forced diversity and only being able to use each tactic so many times a season or not being able to reuse one until you've used all others would shake things up a bit and not have things feel so static

I’ve had the same idea and thought this would be an amazing solution to make wars more interesting. However, it would be a potential nightmare for both players and officers to manage. Having to identify several different defensive teams and then determine optimal nodes. That could be a full-time job. But again, this is the type of thinking and discussion that should be happening.
    Oh yeah, far more work to keep up with. People just keep saying the same thing though, remove tactics. That's obviously not an avenue they're interested in so I think trying to come up with ways to make them more enjoyable or at a minimum more tolerable is time far better spent than just complaining and telling them to do something they're just not going to do.

Oh yeah, far more work to keep up with. People just keep saying the same thing though, remove tactics. That's obviously not an avenue they're interested in so I think trying to come up with ways to make them more enjoyable or at a minimum more tolerable is time far better spent than just complaining and telling them to do something they're just not going to do.
    I agree
    Now if Kabam could provide alliances with something like a defensive template that you could set up just once for each defense tactic and then click a button to auto place champs. Now that would be truly amazing.