**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Donal1981Donal1981 Posts: 53
    edited June 2020
    Hello Im also A70 user. Already do the software-update (newest security patch 1 Feb 2020) but still the red light occur. Why?!
  • G412eth_sG412eth_s Posts: 2
    What is going on. I have a Samsung Galaxy A70 and the game constantly crashes, this has been going on for weeks now. At one point I had defeated an AQ boss 5 times but every time I beat them it crashed. Is this a joke as AW is now impossible so looks like I will have to let my alliance know that I can no longer play this game until an update resolves the problem.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    The latest patch for Android 10 still doesn't fix it for me. The lost connection already happened for like 3 times today for me.
  • TrackerX55TrackerX55 Posts: 45
    In-Game Name: Trackerx55
    Device and Model: Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: Android v10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 27.1.0
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: screen jitters and goes blank,
    Entering a fight, screen goes blank but can hear the fight continuing
    Screen pauses mid fight and and then resumes after an up to 5 sec delay

One example..
    https://youtu.be/svu7gTFn0xM
  • BasNLBasNL Posts: 51
    What the... Hyperion against red skull. No block, nothing, just running towards him and get ko-ed. What are you doing kabam????
  • BasNLBasNL Posts: 51
    Now with blade too...
    https://youtu.be/UyfF7ENuTqI
  • HerizonHazeHerizonHaze Posts: 33
    I cant Login...
    Android 10 samsung a70
    Ingame HerizonHaze

• MAJEAKMAJEAK Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra Is fixing the game for all android 10 phones part of your roadmap? Tell me I am not wasting my time thinking your working on it...

I don't see why, us, players having such a big issue should keep playing the game... As soon as a fight is a little bit too long the game crashes, it means really little player progression.

A response would be appreciated.

Regards,
  • HerizonHazeHerizonHaze Posts: 33
    I cant login with mobile data.
    Only with Wifi. When i have logged in with Wifi, i can Switch back to mobile data.
    But why does the login with mobile data dont work ????

• IGN: Proskillzguys
    Device Model: LG K51
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WIFI: both
    Game Version: 27.1.0
    Game mode: all modes
    Description of the issue: Game will run at like 20 fps unless I bring down the drop down menu on the phone in which it will run perfectly fine. I've tried multiple things to fix this and have figured out that the same thing will happen if I rotate my phone or hold the power button, bringing up the power options. The game will also run perfectly fine in small stints, seemingly at random.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZRx359pPgs
    evidence. Doesn't have the best quality but I could post a fight, where it's worse.
    Device Samsung A70 with newest update ,security patched and best internet speed.

Problem :
    - More than 1 minutes in fight will cause the game LOST CONNECTION !
    - Idle in game more than a minutes also will cause the game LOST CONNECTION !
    - Even when just checking and reading the champion profiles more than a minutes also will cause LOST CONNECTION !

This LOST CONNECTION in game has been occured more than 3 months, no fix yet up untill now and this problem really annoying.

How do you expect us to play your game MCOC if the game itself keep LOST CONNECTION ?

Can you guys be able to fix this "LOST CONNECTION" thing @Kabam ?

Rgds.

• WalknutWalknut Posts: 8
    edited June 2020
    @Donal1981 bro i guess you are not update your phone to newest update. I am just updated my phone and there is no problem anymore. I tested the game on AOL and LOL maps but the red connection icon isn`t there. So A70 connection problem is fixed. Check the updates for Android.
  • TopShagger69TopShagger69 Posts: 33
    Walknut said:

@Donal1981 bro i guess you are not update your phone to newest update. I am just updated my phone and there is no problem anymore. I tested the game on AOL and LOL maps but the red connection icon isn`t there. So A70 connection problem is fixed. Check the updates for Android.

Werid I have a samsung a70 and there is no updates. I cant tell if your joking or not because all tests had led back to it being a Kabam problem.
  • HaywoodJasukitHaywoodJasukit Posts: 4
    I'm glad I read about all these issues. I still use my old J7 and have had problems from block not working, heavy in middle of combo, and "ghost" play (like someone else controlling movements). Every update Kabam has released since I've been back usually makes it worse and takes a couple weeks to become manageable. Still fails but not as constant. Figured that's what I get for not keeping with times and upgrading my phone. After reading this, it may he time for me to look into the iPhone. Makes me wonder how much unnecessary items and money I've spent to make up for what I thought was poor gameplay on my part. I appreciate you guys posting your issues and hopefully Kabam will give an answer as to why they are unable to fix android performance issues and put android users on par with those who use iPhone. From what I've been told by those who have switched to the iPhone, the difference in gameplay is night and day. Seems crazy that Kabam has not acknowledged this problem or given any response. At this point, I'm not sure what would be worse. Finding out that Kabam has chosen to snub android users, or that they just don't have no answer and are unable to fix their game.
    edited June 2020

Walknut said:

Werid I have a samsung a70 and there is no updates. I cant tell if your joking or not because all tests had led back to it being a Kabam problem.
    Believe or not. That is not a joke. I am trying to help other players, why am i do that. If i don`t care you, didn`t tell you anything. Go settings and check updates. Where you living? Cause some countries receive the update on different dates. I live in Turkey and as i told you when i check updates i saw it and updated my phone. Here is the proof

Walknut said:

Bro u must praise the Lord Allah that you lived in Turkey and its update fix works for you.
    But not for us in different country.
    I've already update the phone to the latest patch and also its security.
    I also do all troubleshooting that their moderator ever told me to do.
    But none all of it fix this LOST CONNECTION !
    You can see in previous thread up that even some of us also contact Samsung about this issue, and they say Kabam should fix their netcode.
    We struggle playing this game with this LOST CONNECTION issue for more than 3 months. YES I REPEAT 3 MONTHS !!!
    Even now this game become 1 minutes gameplay or you will be auto kicked out from the game itself by LOST CONNECTION !
    How bizarre is this 1 minutes game ?!?

I know that is sucks. Are you try to use VPN? It is also sucks but it can solve the problem until Kabam do something.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    Do anyone facing an issue where your battery gets low very quick? Even when plugged in with fast charge cable. Usually my battery loads while playing but now it unloads. 20 mins 10% battery lost...
    Phone samsung s7
    Latest update
  • Not sure if something changed but today was the 1st day in months where I did not lose connection on my Galaxy A70 and it was incredible. Anyone else?
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    In-Game Name: jammybstrd
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
    Device Operating System: Android version 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 27.1.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Random lag occurring in all game modes. Game has become borderline unplayable because I can just randomly receive lag and from there I almost instantly lose a fight.
  • In-game name: hashtagtrini
    Device: Samsung Galaxy A70
    Cellular or WiFI: Either
    Game version: Latest Version
    Game mode: In every mode the game throws me out mid fight. My connection is stable and working fine for everything else yet the red icon pops up on the right side every fight. The game is unplayable at the moment. It has been over 2 months. When will it be resolved...

It makes the game completely unplayable.

So it seems that over the last 3 days android pushed an update that seems to have fixed this issue. I'm so happy.
  • TopShagger69TopShagger69 Posts: 33

In-game name: hashtagtrini
    Game mode: In every mode the game throws me out mid fight. My connection is stable and working fine for everything else yet the red icon pops up on the right side every fight. The game is unplayable at the moment. It has been over 2 months. When will it be resolved...

So it seems that over the last 3 days android pushed an update that seems to have fixed this issue. I'm so happy.
    Depends on what country you live in. North america dosent have it yet. They like to test in smaller countries first it seems.
  • In-game name: hashtagtrini

Depends on what country you live in. North america dosent have it yet. They like to test in smaller countries first it seems.
    I live in IL, can confirm it fixed my A70 issue yesterday.
  • BeardedStarlordBeardedStarlord Posts: 55
    Mcoc app/update is not in the play store for my Samsung s5?
  • Vdwd14Vdwd14 Posts: 6

In-game name: hashtagtrini

Yeah, I live in Europe (Belgium), and I received the update two weeks ago.

They'll roll it out to all countries moving forward, and I agree it solved the issue we all experienced on A70.
  • D3V1LAsmitD3V1LAsmit Posts: 1

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

I'm not able to log in into my account. It shows "Failed To Log In" and no matter how many times I try to reconnect, it shows the same thing. I also tried reinstalling the game but still facing issues
    In Game-name :- D3V1LAsmit
    Device :- Xperia XZ
    Operating System:- 6.0
    Uses Wi-Fi
    Version Installed :- 27.2.0
    DESCRIPTION:-
    I am not able to log in to my account..after choosing the language it shows failed to log in. I tried reinstalling but didnt work