**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The art of parry is lost

This is an honest question, though I'm sure it will be removed or I will be banned, but why is it that I can successfully parry a champ to have them ignore it and combo me into oblivion? The "parry" shows on my side of the screen, yet nothing happens to them. This happens with a multitude of champs I'm fighting against, not just those who have a shrug off ability. Meanwhile, the AI can now parry me mid 5-hit combo?? How is this possible and why is it not being addressed?

Comments

• Options
    AstronomicalAstronomical Posts: 26
    Yep, I’ve experienced getting parried whist mid 5-hit combo during AW today and it totally threw me off the entire fight
  • Options
    Ultimate_HadiUltimate_Hadi Posts: 27
    It must b a node related thing like masochism
  • Options
    MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19
    No, normal fights. Not debuff immune, no masochism, no reason for it whatsoever. I'm level 60 and have been playing for 3 years, I understand the difference between node-based failures and non-specific failures. This is most definitely the latter of the two.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I have noticed my parries failing a bit more than normal the last day or so.

Though to be fair, it's probably me being a half second off while playing than a change. But once a while, it seems to happen. When it's right after an update is when I'm most suspicious something is off
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    If the word parry did show on the screen who were you fighting?
    Lots of champs have built in AAR and theres also non contact attacks that don't get stunned from successful parries
  • Options
    MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19
    Again, I understand what things can stop a parry from happening like aar and specific nodes/abilities. This has happened against characters like Gambit, ThorJF, OG Spiderman...characters that have no business shrugging off a parry with no nodes on them. This has happened many times to me on a wide selection of my champs like BWCV, Hype, Voodoo, etc. I wouldn't be posting here if there was a reasonable explanation.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Pictures? Any evidence?
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’ve ‘experienced’ the parry fail a few times recently. I can’t verify that parry was actually failing, but I remember it happening and thinking “There is no reason that should have happened”. It’s strange because any time it’s happened it’s only been once in a fight and then it’s been fine.

I could just be going crazy though.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I've experienced it to a lot it's even worse when it's with blade or corvus and the bleed or armor break sticks but not the stun. And before anybody says nodes and other things no it's happened in aq aw and eq with no nodes or abilities that would not cause the stun to stick.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Kabam has been, since 12.0, slowly and slightly tightening parry timing. Shown easily by anyone playing sunspot. Parry at the very last instant a few times in a row. Eventually you’ll get sunspot to trigger his perfect block mechanic without actually blocking the attack. The reason you need to use sunspot is his perfect block was programmed using the old parry timing. And he has this mechanic built into his character kit. They then adjusted the parry timing and now you can somehow not block But get his “perfect block” to trigger. Something smells a little funny in here. Also I have done this on several encounters and in several game modes. And Nodes on rol WS don’t effect whether or not you blocked an attack.