**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don't do anything to get gold, you'll just lose it.

This should be good advice right now, since the t4 arena just told me I'm over -53 million gold short of being able to fight. If they said opening crystals and getting gold could cause you to lose that gold, I'd think accepting any email/reward would also cost us that gold. Now some of us are stuck not being able to do special arenas because of the bug.
Frankly, I'm just going to spend some gold on champs, because I can't do much else until they fix it.
BTW, uninstalled and reinstalled the game today, didn't fix it, for those who'll say that. Apparently the fix they put in only worked for those who had accepted the glitched reward before the message went out. Is that right @Kabam Miike ?

Comments

• Hey Coldfireknight,

We've just posted an update about this here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/20905/updated-11-9-16-07-pdt-regarding-gold-from-skirmish-rewards-and-issues-in-arenas#latest

But I'm curious about this Arena issue, because we have removed the Cost to start a match, which should fix the issue. Are you still seeing a problem?

But yes, I would still avoid opening any crystal that gives you gold if you want to make sure that you are not losing out on that gold. Especially Gold and Arena Crystals! We're working on getting this issue fixed as soon as we can, and thank you all for your patience!
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Hey Coldfireknight,

We've just posted an update about this here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/20905/updated-11-9-16-07-pdt-regarding-gold-from-skirmish-rewards-and-issues-in-arenas#latest

But I'm curious about this Arena issue, because we have removed the Cost to start a match, which should fix the issue. Are you still seeing a problem?

But yes, I would still avoid opening any crystal that gives you gold if you want to make sure that you are not losing out on that gold. Especially Gold and Arena Crystals! We're working on getting this issue fixed as soon as we can, and thank you all for your patience!

What playing the game, we get gold from quests, Aq, arena, events, etc are not supposed to play them for the same reason.

How long is this going to take exactly, I have somethings to claim, somethings to open and people to rank and level up.
  • EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    Hey Coldfireknight,

This is extremely frustrating. Its not just arena affected by this gold glitch.
    Anyone who tried to reset masteries is stuck with no masteries on the account. Can you imagine doing AQ on day 4 and day 5 with no masteries?
    The so called gold cutoff of 200k is not good enough either. Well it is maybe if it took you guys 24 hours to fix the issue. But it obviously is taking a lot a longer. Have you considered increasing the cutoff amount since the initial statement that was made as this is taking alot longer?

• Hey Coldfireknight,

But this doesn't solve the mastery problem. I have no masteries and am unable to compete in master mode war or turn on suicides for the AA grind.

• Hey Coldfireknight,

Mike if this is important (should not open arena crystal and gold crystal) why dont you email user in game? Not all people playing mcoc is opening this forum.
  • What exactly is this gold cutoff?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    It should be seen as 200k gold as a gift. An amount above it will be removed.

• But I'm curious about this Arena issue, because we have removed the Cost to start a match, which should fix the issue. Are you still seeing a problem

• You can see I spent the chips to get into the arena but can't play because of gold cost. They only removed the cost for champ arenas.
  • Hey Coldfireknight,

What playing the game, we get gold from quests, Aq, arena, events, etc are not supposed to play them for the same reason.

How long is this going to take exactly, I have somethings to claim, somethings to open and people to rank and level up.

i took a screen shot during that 1st AW that showed how much gold i had right before it ended. then i took a screen shot after i got 2 quadrilion gold. i take an updated screen shot of my gold every several hours. once this is resolved i can calculate and prove how much gold i should have to see if kabam got it right. ;)
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    i took a screen shot during that 1st AW that showed how much gold i had right before it ended. then i took a screen shot after i got 2 quadrilion gold. i take an updated screen shot of my gold every several hours. once this is resolved i can calculate and prove how much gold i should have to see if kabam got it right. ;)

I'll save you some time. The answer is they won't.

• I have the same issue I can't do anything and have zero mastery points in offense what will I do in AQ for day 4 and 5 and what about the almost 6 million gold I had before this glitch!!
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    What sucks is that there is not an in game email for this as someone else mentioned. I have no idea how or IF I've been affected by this cause I am just now seeing the issue on the forum. Not sure if gold will be taken away or what. It is not like I noticed getting any ridiculous amount and currently do not have any more than I seemed to have before any of this.
    The idea of posting things on the forum like this and making them this serious sounding is dumb if there's no in game notification for it. For reals.
  • At least let us fix masteries
  • I'm not being affected by this bug. Everything is working fine for me. Arena, skirmish rewards for defender kills, I can open arena crystals. Is this just affecting some people?
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Hey Coldfireknight,

You should be thankful, they are only withholding the gold rewards as the player's punishment for their goof. Just be happy they aren't banning people for stealing all that gold from them.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    What sucks is that there is not an in game email for this as someone else mentioned. I have no idea how or IF I've been affected by this cause I am just now seeing the issue on the forum. Not sure if gold will be taken away or what. It is not like I noticed getting any ridiculous amount and currently do not have any more than I seemed to have before any of this.
    The idea of posting things on the forum like this and making them this serious sounding is dumb if there's no in game notification for it. For reals.

A professional company would send out an in game message to all its users. If only they had an email system in the game app to be sure they have gotten it to everyone who plays.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike i highly recommend doing the gold removal process each day until the in game mails expire, as players like me may have accidentally claimed the gold via the stash screen when accepting AW rewards.

Plz have uber amount of gold removal process run. ty

ign: Voluntaris