**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Demoralization of Players due to AW

Comments

• bob59300bob59300 Posts: 32
    the new map in AW (plat4 here) is insanely hard. Some of us die on the tunnel vision node, no fun at all. And the reward increase is very low so yes, i m demoralized due to aw
  • Unawakened2Unawakened2 Posts: 14
    My main alliance was already talking about going itemless or near itemless even before the new map. We would just drop to whatever tier we ended up in (currently on the Challenger map). Not sure if this will be the final decision, but I can say that almost to a person, feedback on the new map in my alliance has been negative. More people are getting burned out and quitting, taking breaks, or moving to laid back (i.e., no spending) alliances.

I also have an alt account in an alliance that had already switched to 1 BG for AW. We would clear the prior map quickly with minimal deaths. Now the attitude is “who cares?”, fight til you die and stop. I don’t think this is what Kabam really wants with AW. I think they want it to be an exciting and engaging part of the game. Hopefully they can find the right balance between challenging, fun, and rewarding. Right now it feels punishing, stressful, and not worth the effort.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    The rewards for aw are just so lackluster for an event you have to spend so much time playing.
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    Myself and another player in my alliance have said the same damn thing. We have lost so many wars when we shouldn't have. Not sure if we won today or not since we are in emergency maintenance again. The rewards are not that great. We get better rewards doing map 5 in my opinion.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I think AW could be the tipping point. At my alliance everyone agrees the changes are horrendous.

I'm seriously considering going alliance free or joining a retirement alliance and just picking the game up when I've got 10 minutes to kill here and there.

Kind of felt to some extent the roadmap alleviated some of the recent player concerns.
    Then this AW update gets pushed, feels like a massive slap in the face and we're back to square one.
  • ScottCHarbach1ScottCHarbach1 Posts: 41
    I don’t understand what you all are wingeing about.

Rewards are the same so that’s nothing new.

It’s too hard? Get better. Who wants a cake game that poses no challenges. It’s an even playing field. Everyone has it tough.

Unless I’m missing something, what is the primary issue?
    And if you are getting too stressed playing a phone game then you need to toughen up. Life will be a rude awakening...
    OneMast3r said:

The rewards for aw are just so lackluster for an event you have to spend so much time playing.

I do agree with this post

I see disagreements but no counter points?

Even though I do admit season rewards are lacking, you all are neglecting the rewards for each win.

I’m semi-retired now, but most recently was in a borderline tier 3/4 alliance. Rewards were over 1000 5 star shards and 100
    6 star shards per win... for a 48 hour event. That’s not bad. What would meet your standards?
  • Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85
    edited June 2020

Just wanted to jump in here and thank you all for the constructive feedback.

The rewards for AW is fair, people don't understand the most spending happens in AW, they want to win half or a quarter of the top alliances without spending 10% of what they spend. That's crazy!

The solo war wins are always improving, they kinda only look to the final prize and undervalue the prizes per win.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

This is almost a unanimous opinion/feedback. It’s a new, of course it’s gonna cause some issues but I think and the comments here shows it’s just too much...Kabam got it wrong.
    My concern/question is: why is Kabam getting it wrong most often? What is primarily driving these negative and bad decisions? These questions are just as important, cos that’s what motivate actions and decisions.

It’s not a unanimous feedback/opinion or even close to it. Most of the people (if not basically 100%) who are happy with things are not going on the forums to take time to post stuff, they just play the game. The people who are on the forums complaining, while being a VERY loud minority, make up a tiny % of the player base.
  • PaddoPaddo Posts: 90
    edited June 2020
    Roman4544 said:

The rewards for AW is fair, people don't understand the most spending happens in AW, they want to win half or a quarter of the top alliances without spending 10% of what they spend. That's crazy!

The solo war wins are always improving, they kinda only look to the final prize and undervalue the prizes per win.
    First off, maybe a game mode should not be so demanding and investment heavy for even the highest alliances.

Secondly, can you please step back and look at how many people are expressing that they are demoralized and burned out, people leave their alliance. You can talk about rewards being 'fair'. But if your player base idoesn't like doing it anymore and doesn't think it's worth it, you can talk about what is fair all you want but the purpose is for people/alliances to want to do this.

Lastly, if you want to make comparisons in investments: in a gold alliance you do invest glory in health potions, just for the purpose of AW. This are resources that I would otherwise spend on rank up material. It also is a lot of work to maintain 30 active dedicated players and to orginaze defense. And at the end of a long month you receive less then what you get for finishing the monthly quests, wich takes no investment.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    Nice thread..
    I agree with most of the points here...
    It's like a chore but it's much harder than a nirmal chore...
    They have come up with something innovative and unique to make aw great again
  • N3koN3ko Posts: 43
    Our Alliance is Silver 2 semi-active with some good members wanting to become more skilled at AW and become Gold, but with this new buffs at least 5 of our members just became frustrated with 2 or 3 fights.

I'm the leader and I got the roster to face some of this nodes, but the other members are just developing their roster and cannot chose or have choice.

I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much.

We're stepping down from AW season. Not worth the effort, nor the spending of resources and surely not the prizes that Kabam didn't upgrade for Gold 2 alliances and below.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★

Hope you guys take it to heart. Big changes need to be made. Do not launch season 19 as is.

-Drop tactics altogether
    -rework the vast majority of aw nodes
    -reduce timers

In fact as many people have mentioned, scrap war indefinitely and come up w something the community actually wants. For example a raid mode, or maybe a competitive boss rush. I don’t have all the answers but again - launching AW 19 as is will destroy the already fragile status quo of the community.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    @N3ko

“ I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much”

The fact the community only uses the same 20 champs in itself is kabams fault.

If they balanced the champs, and made all champs worthy of ranking in some respect then it would come down more to strategy vs now bringing the majority of available champs to most game modes leaves you at an instant disadvantage.

I know they said this is coming. I’m just stating this garbage fire is of their own making.
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    My personal gripe is not rewards. I am happy with the 5 and 4 star shards I get. I've been on slow play for over 3 years on this game with the occasional jump into a higher tier alliance to get a long needed boost to my profile and roster.
    I run a tiny alliance now because I can only really play late night and weekends, I'm even doing early morning runs before work, so the time I put into my teams and setting up war and aq is very important to me and I feel that the money I've invested in this game over the years is more than enough to help pay for an improved development plan and beta testing.
    I feel cheated because we, the gamers who are also the chief investors (tell me if I'm wrong) are now having to work out the bugs.
    The damage is already done. Read about how many alliances had mass drop rates in participation and flat out left. There's been a lot of really good and simple suggestions that should, emphasis on should, be an easy fix. But the fact of the matter is now we are having to wait for the game not to be horrible (at least war) Which is fine I can use a little break. But what about everyone else? War is like, the number 1 if not top 3 most played and enjoyed subsection of the game in my opinion. Competition feels like a contest of skill vs skill strategy vs strategy. The new nodes just don't feel that way. I believe someone said something like "The nodes punish you for choosing the appropriate counters". That is just a horrible mechanic, right? So its not really a matter of skill anymore. Just because both sides are getting wrecked doesn't make it fair. We utilize the s*** out of our little 4 star rosters. We fight maxed 5 star and duped 6 star champs often. Its challenging but manageable if you understand the mechanics and counter appropriately. That's the biggest aspect of this game! Knowing the abilities of each character. Theres 200 characters! (I dont actually know how many). But now they punish us for our understanding of the game.
    Anyways, war aside I just read a whole bunch of the new rollout content and am glad to hear about many things but also super cautious about getting my hopes up. I hope the Team or probably more importantly the Management (higher ups) take this is a learning experience and realize that they are squeezing us too hard during already stressful times (and they are probably stressing the developers who probably don't have the time they need to even do proper testing). Who knows. Squeeze you're ACTUAL investors if you have any please. And throw a bone to all the players who still want to play or never had a problem in the first place, please!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Mqc19 said:

@N3ko

“ I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much”

The fact the community only uses the same 20 champs in itself is kabams fault.

If they balanced the champs, and made all champs worthy of ranking in some respect then it would come down more to strategy vs now bringing the majority of available champs to most game modes leaves you at an instant disadvantage.

I know they said this is coming. I’m just stating this garbage fire is of their own making.

This I don't agree with completely. There's an entire machine that pushes popularity over on YouTube. I can't disagree that Champs being looked at is a priority, but it's only part of the problem. People are always going to pick their favorites. As long as there are favorites, they will shadow the others. The problem is this community is hyper-selective.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yeah maybe 3-4 seasons ago we had same issues. Was always recruiting due to jumpers leaving in middle of war to go to another war. Basically just mere looking for high rewards while rest of alliance did the work. So to make a long story short we stopped war completely and we have never been happier. Although AQ has become a drag and we are getting sick of that now lol. But war has been garbage for a very long time now. It’s meant more for the whales so let them all battle it out. Quality of life has improved for sure without out
  • VeryCoolUserNameVeryCoolUserName Posts: 93
    Those alliances who keep on doing AW while hating it YOU ARE THE REASON! Don't like it? Don't do it!
    This how you make a change IMO
    I guess no matter what will happen to AW y'all keep doing it because you can't allow yourself's missing one season of rewards... So enjoy ;-)