**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Demoralization of Players due to AW

Comments

• N3koN3ko Posts: 43
    Mqc19 said:

@N3ko

“ I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much”

The fact the community only uses the same 20 champs in itself is kabams fault.

If they balanced the champs, and made all champs worthy of ranking in some respect then it would come down more to strategy vs now bringing the majority of available champs to most game modes leaves you at an instant disadvantage.

I know they said this is coming. I’m just stating this garbage fire is of their own making.

I totally agree.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mqc19 said:

@GroundedWisdom

I use the champs that guarantee me the least amount of items/units!!

If I played the champs I really liked or wanted to play, my spending would likely go up notably. Willing to bet many are in the same boat.

I have over 2M PI so needless to say I have a very diverse roster, but again due to kit configurations I use about 6-8 champs on offense usually plus the ones I keep on D. The rest on the bench.

If you played the Champs you really liked, you'd enjoy the game a great deal more. Just saying. Focusing on being the best all the time comes with certain sacrifices.
  • Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85
    walkerdog said:

Roman4544 said:

Just wanted to jump in here and thank you all for the constructive feedback.

The rewards for AW is fair, people don't understand the most spending happens in AW, they want to win half or a quarter of the top alliances without spending 10% of what they spend. That's crazy!

The solo war wins are always improving, they kinda only look to the final prize and undervalue the prizes per win.
    People seem to miss that kabam wants a deep pool of players. Otherwise you dont get the random similarly prestige allies that they match many of the higher rated allies against so they arent playing each other 10 times every season.

I've already mentioned this but playing for a season is a HUGE COMMITMENT. It's a month of wars, placing 5 characters each time, officers and others reminding people to place, checking placement, assigning lanes. That work is done at all levels (at least to some extent) and it should be rewarded 12x q year with significant rewards. Since the rewards are more shard-centric than AQ, it should be basically the shard version of 4 weeks of AQ. Silver anything should be getting a 5* featured crystal with 6* shards in small amounts. Gold should be getting 5* feat and 5k 5* shards plus some 6*.
    Platinum and up should be getting a 6* featured crystal, or something close to that.
    Just don't do AW then, glory store was a big mistake by Kabam to improve it so much, and they will improve even more.
  • Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85
    Bodhizen said:

With the recent blow-up regarding Alliance War, it really makes me question if anyone at Kabam is actually play-testing the content before it comes out. They would ideally have known about many of the problems that this would have caused well before release. Quality Assurance is not doing a proper job.

I would love to see Kabam John and company being youtubers and defeating the crazy nodes in AW. We wouldn't be able to complain then
    Roman4544 said:

Bodhizen said:

With the recent blow-up regarding Alliance War, it really makes me question if anyone at Kabam is actually play-testing the content before it comes out. They would ideally have known about many of the problems that this would have caused well before release. Quality Assurance is not doing a proper job.

I would love to see Kabam John and company being youtubers and defeating the crazy nodes in AW. We wouldn't be able to complain then
    Of course people would. The complaints would just change.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I can't help but think about all of the brag posts saying that everything is so easy, make it a challenge. I cringe every time I see one (and there are tons). I would think, "Kabam will probably listen to these guys and ignore everyone else". I'm not saying that's the case here, just a thought as I loathe brag posts and stopped looking at them years ago. Every time i used to see one I'd think, "you guys are gonna ruin this (insert topic) for everyone". Lol
    Roman4544 said:

Roman4544 said:

Bodhizen said:

Of course people would. The complaints would just change.
    Grounded I'm not complaining man, I don't really care about AW. It's just a fact, by the way John plays really well. I saw a couple of his incursions runs with Lags, he is solid.

But hey man, I have a question for you, do you work for Kabam and are you on your private account? Or are you just trying to be employed by them? I never saw you criticize them in nothing, you are like their attorney in the forums hahaha
    No, I don't work for them. I was just speaking to the theory that people would have nothing to complain about if they saw Kabam doing the content. People would still complain. ;)
    Snizzbar said:

Mqc19 said:

@GroundedWisdom

I use the champs that guarantee me the least amount of items/units!!

If I played the champs I really liked or wanted to play, my spending would likely go up notably. Willing to bet many are in the same boat.

I have over 2M PI so needless to say I have a very diverse roster, but again due to kit configurations I use about 6-8 champs on offense usually plus the ones I keep on D. The rest on the bench.

If you played the Champs you really liked, you'd enjoy the game a great deal more. Just saying. Focusing on being the best all the time comes with certain sacrifices.
    If I played the champs I really like then I would lose a lot more fights.
    Losing because you're using a champ you like and not a good champ isn't fun at all 🙄
    It depends on what you're using them in and how you use them. War, perhaps. There's pressure to perform highly efficiently. AQ is open for me. I use whoever I want. EQ is pretty much the same, unless there's an absolute counter I need. Not to sound too "Boomer", but there was a time we said that real skill means using any Champ. ;)
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    edited June 2020
    @GroundedWisdom i would be very interested to see what you think are the solution attacking champs for some of these ridiculous aw node combinations. What tier do you play in? What does your roster look like? When Kabam has narrowed the list of attacking champs who can have any hope of one-shotting a certain node/buff/global/champ combo (assuming perfect play) to *one or two champs*, that is unfair and punitive to expect an alliance to be able to deal with. Surprise me - post video of you oneshotting an entire lane 5 or 9 in tier 1-5. I will be the first to sing your praises.

@GroundedWisdom i would be very interested to see what you think are the solution attacking champs for some of these ridiculous aw node combinations. What tier do you play in? What does your roster look like? When Kabam has narrowed the list of attacking champs who can have any hope of one-shotting a certain node/buff/global/champ combo (assuming perfect play) to *one or two champs*, that is unfair and punitive to expect an alliance to be able to deal with. Surprise me - post video of you oneshotting an entire lane 5 or 9 in tier 1-5. I will be the first to sing your praises.

I wasn't disputing the feedback on the Nodes. I was just speaking to the comment that it's entirely their fault for not buffing most Champs. That's only part of the equation. I didn't mean to imply that the complaints were solely because people are too selective. Sorry if it came across that way.
    edited June 2020
    Ah, that makes more sense. Sure, I can go either way on buffing various champs. I’m far less inclined to blame Kabam for their selectivity in buffing champs than I am with the either completely untested or wholly money-grabbing aw nodes they’ve put out. Thank heavens it’s off season, and hopefully they push the release out until they can fix some of these interactions.

I am also curious what tier you play in and what your roster looks like. People apparently accuse you of working for Kabam or wanting to work for Kabam, and while accusations aren’t helpful, you are usually the first to defend Kabam. I’d be interested to know from what level of gameplay you draw your conclusions.

@GroundedWisdom
    Last thought: if it were just one node that players had figured out how to break (pick one: like NF kills LMD and insta-sp3) sure, it is probably just a simple oversight.

But multiple lanes exhibit the systematic reduction in viable options down to fewer than 4 champs who could hope to do it. That’s intentional.