**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    The answer is to make AW heals and revives free and crank up the number of times a node can be defended for points. Diversity caused a lot of the current problems. While we don't just want to see 10 Korgs, Dominos, Dooms, and Annihilii every war, they put in a mechanic to encourage diversity in a lazy way. Keeping it as a tie breaker for top tiers is fine, but actual diversity needs to be encouraged by rotating node buffs that specifically target individual defenders.

For example, take a node that gives +100% attack and health, +75% health and psychic thorns normally. Any champ placed there gets those bonuses. But, if you place Bishop, Red Hulk or Ultron, the node increases those champs health by another 100% and adds heal block on contact. The actual node details would need to be worked out, but you get the idea.
  • ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    tactics are inherently flawed. You can't promote diversity when you, by definition, have a tactic that isolates a sub-set of champs and give them some kind of advantage. That's actually the opposite of promoting diversity.
  • MSLMSL Posts: 20
    Well kabam you guys can play aw by yourselves we are not greedy for any rewards
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    I would just re post somewhere else. The guidelines were clearly stated and I think a lot of people posted unsure of whether or not it was gonna get deleted but did anyways just in case. I got a message for mine but I think they get the point so I'm not really worried anymore. I know Kabam will fix it. This happens every so often (probably more than less). But it just sucks that the new stuff didn't really work out as hoped.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Hey all,

A lot of great feedback here, but I'm clearing out a lot of posts that did not follow the guidelines for posting in here.

As a reminder, in this thread, we're trying to keep feedback concentrated and just about Node Combinations. No replying to each other's posts, and no editorialization. If you have other comments or complaints about Alliance Wars, please put that in the Alliance War Season 19 Discussion thread.

If you post was deleted, it is because it did not follow the guidelines outlined in the Original post, so please do not repost it in here.

Congratulations to Kabam, @Kabam Miike !

If your aim was to demoralized your customers playing this free-2-play game, even willing to pay from time to time, you hit the mark, right in the middle !

Ans as if it was not enough, @Kabam Miike just deleted tons of comments that could have help with all this mess around the poor design of the new AW map !
    Yes deleted ! Not transferred to another thread, but purely and simply deleted, as if all the remarks, complaints, suggestions were so stupid they didn’t even need Kabam’s attention ! 👍
    They stated flat out what sort of posts they wanted in that thread and people still went in there **** about every thing else they felt like.
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    "There should be a balance between something casual and something intensely competitive. Top alliances may need this sort of headache to keep competition fresh. P4 and below really don’t. For alliances outside the top 200 I think the balance has been shifted waaaaay to much in favor of intensity."

Yes.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

"There should be a balance between something casual and something intensely competitive. Top alliances may need this sort of headache to keep competition fresh. P4 and below really don’t. For alliances outside the top 200 I think the balance has been shifted waaaaay to much in favor of intensity."

Yes.

even for alliances in P2-P1 ! we can't afford to spend money in this game just to stay in P2-P1.
    Your skill and knowledge of the game should be the first thing needed to help people go and stay in platinum.

Money should only be take into account if you're not skill enough for the whole season or if you want to go against master alliances where all the spenders are.
    But with this new AW design, the risk is either to have to spend more just to keep your place in the leaderboard (not everyone can afford that) or demoralized whole alliances of good players from even going to war.

Stellar said:

Hey all,

A lot of great feedback here, but I'm clearing out a lot of posts that did not follow the guidelines for posting in here.

As a reminder, in this thread, we're trying to keep feedback concentrated and just about Node Combinations. No replying to each other's posts, and no editorialization. If you have other comments or complaints about Alliance Wars, please put that in the Alliance War Season 19 Discussion thread.

If you post was deleted, it is because it did not follow the guidelines outlined in the Original post, so please do not repost it in here.

If your aim was to demoralized your customers playing this free-2-play game, even willing to pay from time to time, you hit the mark, right in the middle !

Ans as if it was not enough, @Kabam Miike just deleted tons of comments that could have help with all this mess around the poor design of the new AW map !
    Yes deleted ! Not transferred to another thread, but purely and simply deleted, as if all the remarks, complaints, suggestions were so stupid they didn’t even need Kabam’s attention ! 👍
    They stated flat out what sort of posts they wanted in that thread and people still went in there **** about every thing else they felt like.
    The only intelligent thing Kabam had to do was to acknowledge all the post, transfer those not belonging to the thread into this one, saying they will take all this into account after a review.

By simply deleting the posts they are just saying : "your will/idea/comment are not even worth our attention !"

As usual Kabam's communication is one of the poorest in all the free to play games. Too bad as their will to show us their roadmap was a great idea.
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

The only intelligent thing Kabam had to do was to acknowledge all the post, transfer those not belonging to the thread into this one, saying they will take all this into account after a review.

By simply deleting the posts they are just saying : "your will/idea/comment are not even worth our attention !"

As usual Kabam's communication is one of the poorest in all the free to play games. Too bad as their will to show us their roadmap was a great idea.
    Or people could ya know, follow basic instructions

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Of course... so if some of your customers don't follow exactly your rules, you just punish them without even trying to understand if what they say or do could be interesting ?

I bet you don't have many customers ;)
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Of course... so if some of your customers don't follow exactly your rules, you just punish them without even trying to understand if what they say or do could be interesting ?

Looks like you are still kabsms, customer... You even still care enough and are dedicated enough about the game to be posting on their forums... Guess him deleting the posts did not have the outcome you predicted
  • nelsonroanelsonroa Posts: 16
    the new war map is perfect! the previous one was explored very easily .. kabam, don't listen to those fools who just want everything comfortable .. a and I'm grade 2 haha
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Lol.

The instructions were plain and simpleZ
    Not exactly hard to follow.
    They said
    “Post only useful information”
    Even gave the criteria in which information would be considered useful.

Then they said “all other posts will be deleted”
    They literally said here are the guidelines, follow them or this will happen.

Where is the issue?
    I used to run a cafe.
    I would tell my customers to line up to the left to order.
    If they lined up to the right they would not be served.
    There were big signs saying “order here”
    If the customer decided to line up under the “collect here” sign, thats not my fault they stand there and never get served.
    If they choose to walk out because they were waiting and never got served what can i do.....
    nelsonroa said:

the new war map is perfect! the previous one was explored very easily .. kabam, don't listen to those fools who just want everything comfortable .. a and I'm grade 2 haha

i don't think people want everything comfortable, but something that is challenging, fun and where you can do a full season (12 wars) without having to use every units you earn (with versus or by buying an odin) in order to finish a map.

We have the labyrinth or the Abyss if we want to spend units on. Even Act 6 if you don't want to wait for its nerf
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Ok @Kabam Miike you deleted my post in other thread on aw nodes stating it wasn’t about aw nodes....tho it actually is....so I put it here

You guys have said you nerfing pain points in act 6....which 99% of these are IN FACT THE NODES....so why not wait till you nerf act 6 before you add more act 6 nodes to aw or bring out cavalier difficulty....cause all you going to have to do is nerf aw and cavalier difficulty....

Start thinking logically instead of solo on cash. As an end game player myself yes we want new content. But we want content that works fight, is bug free and is fun. That’s not the case here

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Lol.

They said

Where is the issue?
    I used to run a cafe.
    If the customer decided to line up under the “collect here” sign, thats not my fault they stand there and never get served.
    If they choose to walk out because they were waiting and never got served what can i do.....
    and did you refuse to take order from those customers or did you tell them that you will take their order if they go to the left ? even if they already were warned by the sign "order here"...

I bet you talked to them to explain (again) and finally took their order when they went on the left ;)

Yes there were instructions from Kabam and yes, as always, you will find people that will not, consciously or not, follow them to the letter. but as these people are Kabam's customer, the minimum would have been to transfer the comments in this thread instead of simply deleting them.
    Kabam is notorious for its lack of communication notably when they silently nerf some champions like Archangel neurotoxin stun, Drax ability to counter Mordo.
    They make changes without warning and communicate only if someone notice the change. something that inevitably arrive.
    That lack of communication participate and even initiate the frustration of a lot of people in this game. and it's sad because when Kabam take time to explain things before acting, the roadmap for example, people are simply happy.
    summoners were worried about the futur of MCOC with the Book 2 => Kabam listen and give us the road map for the rest of the year
    Kabam changes some mini boss in AQ but made Hyperion a little bit too powerful => they listen, communicate check their data and act accordingly
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Lol.

They said

Where is the issue?
    I used to run a cafe.
    and did you refuse to take order from those customers or did you tell them that you will take their order if they go to the left ? even if they already were warned by the sign "order here"...

I bet you talked to them to explain (again) and finally took their order when they went on the left ;)

Yes there were instructions from Kabam and yes, as always, you will find people that will not, consciously or not, follow them to the letter. but as these people are Kabam's customer, the minimum would have been to transfer the comments in this thread instead of simply deleting them.
    Kabam is notorious for its lack of communication notably when they silently nerf some champions like Archangel neurotoxin stun, Drax ability to counter Mordo.
    They make changes without warning and communicate only if someone notice the change. something that inevitably arrive.
    That lack of communication participate and even initiate the frustration of a lot of people in this game. and it's sad because when Kabam take time to explain things before acting, the roadmap for example, people are simply happy.
    summoners were worried about the futur of MCOC with the Book 2 => Kabam listen and give us the road map for the rest of the year
    Kabam changes some mini boss in AQ but made Hyperion a little bit too powerful => they listen, communicate check their data and act accordingly
    People who had their posts deleted are free to get in the right line (post in this thread) and have their order taken.
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Lol.

They said

Where is the issue?
    I used to run a cafe.

but kabam said they would delete them.
    and they also commented to say "WE DELETED MANY POSTS"
    its really not hard to follow simple instructions.
    if you can't follow simple instructions then there is no helping you.

there really is no helping stupid.
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey all,

Lol.

They said

Where is the issue?
    I used to run a cafe.

i am not going to write down their order and then pick them up and carry them over to the correct line and process it there.
    they are going to have to go over there and restate their order from the start.

just as it is up to you to go to the correct thread and retype your comment. not expect kabam to move it for you.

don't go around life expecting others to fix your mistakes.
    fix your own mistakes and look after yourself.
    #stopbeingentitled
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    gohard123 said:

Don’t know why people are assuming Kabam didn’t think of node interactions. Cold turkey + Hazard Shift is the typical counter to the counter. Very reminiscent of Act 6. Oh you brought a poison immune that has fury as a counter to sinister? Here is EMP mod so you still take damage

Of course they knew what the interactions and pain points would be.
    I find it peculiar that so many hold the belief a multi million dollar company don't understand their own game.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★

Guys maybe they did test it and they had all the same trouble we’re having.

With that being said they decided “sweet this is perfect if they want to 100% they will need to use all 15 items and all of them will be the higher priced Aw boosts and potions” Perfect!

They have said previously that they do no want us to 100% the map. It is not a surprise