**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5.3 Story

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
I'm finally in a mood to tackle more Story. I just did 5.3.1, and I'm just sound boarding for anything I need to watch out for. Is it straightforward with just one Class per Quest? Any particularly challenging Boss Fights to watch for? Ideally I'd like to do a run through of Completion before the next EQ. Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

5.3 is pretty straightforward. Howard and Rogue are very straightforward. There might be an Ultron Classic in Quest 3. You'll need solid counters for Hype and Green Goblin. GG is easier than he looks though. BPCW is simple if you know how to fight him.

Having the class without the reduction always helps, but it's fine to use other classes. The fights just take longer.

Not sure of the easiest paths off the top of my head, but usually it is the longer unnoded path. Ramp up champs help a lot.

Good Luck!

Thanks. I just got through 5.3.2. Not bad. I have a surplus of 20% and 30% Boosts, so that off-sets the reduction. If it continues, I should have little issue.
    I'm the slowest person when it comes to Story. I like to take my time, and I have to be in the mood for it. Lol.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I'm the slowest person when it comes to Story. I like to take my time, and I have to be in the mood for it. Lol.

Lol story definitely isn't for everyone.
    Yeah, I know I'm definitely behind. I was a couple years late doing Uncollected because I spent most of my time in the Arena and doing EQ. That said, I'm a bit more motivated now.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

I'm finally in a mood to tackle more Story. I just did 5.3.1, and I'm just sound boarding for anything I need to watch out for. Is it straightforward with just one Class per Quest? Any particularly challenging Boss Fights to watch for? Ideally I'd like to do a run through of Completion before the next EQ. Thanks.

It’s pretty straightforward, although the class attack reductions are annoying. Just make sure to take short hard paths, as they are actually a lot easier.(Generally the one where you have the class disadvantage using the suggested class.)

Good luck!

It’s pretty straightforward, although the class attack reductions are annoying. Just make sure to take short hard paths, as they are actually a lot easier.(Generally the one where you have the class disadvantage using the suggested class.)

Good luck!
    Thanks! Just finishing up 5.3.3 now. So far, so good.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Personally, I pretty much disregarded the class nodes because cmm is just a powerhouse, but that strategy definitely depends on your roster, but I'm assuming you have someone similar. As @Masterpuff said, the shorter paths are almost always easier, depsite the node. Less fights=less changes to screw up. I don't quite remember the nodes, so im sorry that I can't help you there, but I don't recall anyone being a major problem
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Personally, I pretty much disregarded the class nodes because cmm is just a powerhouse, but that strategy definitely depends on your roster, but I'm assuming you have someone similar. As @Masterpuff said, the shorter paths are almost always easier, depsite the node. Less fights=less changes to screw up. I don't quite remember the nodes, so im sorry that I can't help you there, but I don't recall anyone being a major problem

ya i just ramped up my 5* Starky who was r3 at the time and breezed through it
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    What’s an optimal roster for 5.3.4 For exploration because I don’t have a god 5 star cosmic and don’t know who to rank up for a four star?

What’s an optimal roster for 5.3.4 For exploration because I don’t have a god 5 star cosmic and don’t know who to rank up for a four star?

can I see your entire roster
    Ebony_Naw said:

It's pretty straight forward to go for completion. You may have to switch your masteries once or twice when going for exploration, but as long as you have a counter for each boss and know how to fight against them (mordo, BPCW looking at you two) then they aren't too bad. The fights can get long if you use champs from other classes but I really just found it more tedious than hard.
    ya same here. this honestly is probably the hardest chapter imo if u don't have the right champs/class.

Yes I’m going to make a new discussion on it

Yes I’m going to make a new discussion on it
    ok
    @Pancake_Face Made it 🙂
    Looks like I was more prepared than I thought I was. Lol. Any suggestions on 5.4, other than "F Ultron"? ;)

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Looks like I was more prepared than I thought I was. Lol. Any suggestions on 5.4, other than "F Ultron"? ;)

F him up

Blade with GR works like charm for ultron. Actually whole 5.4 is made for blade with GR. For ultron Medusa is one of the best and solid option . Nebula (I forgot synergy) good counter.
    No Blade, aside from my 4* R4. I'll have to use someone else.
    I'm up to 5.4.3. That's enough for one night. I'll see if I have the patience to finish off tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys.
    BAM

That Ultron was a pain, and M.O.D.O.K. was, just because I never brought Karnak to make it easier.