**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Elsa Bloodstone, an unknown god.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
When Elsa Bloodstone was released she was kind of an afterthought. She was released in the month of Guillotine 2099 and Man-Thing, two of the most hyped champions of the time.

I know that I overlooked her but maybe I shouldn’t have. After receiving her as a 5* I’ve found that she is in fact very good for so much content.

Damage is great from the start no build required in previous fights or within the fight which is great for content like EQ. However the damage output does not dissipate over the duration of the fight, if anything it gets better. She also has access to a lot of crits and red numbers

Her debuffs are great. Busted is unique and there’s nobody who’s immune to it. The incinerate debuff is also good and it can be changed to a coldsnap. There’s only 3 (technically) champions who are immune to both (Silver Surfer, HT, Mystic Doombots)

Now an incinerate debuff is great, you can stack them and reduce regen. Coldsnap is also great, it shuts down all evasion which is a great and useful utility.

Debuff shrug off is also brilliant. If you have a non-damaging debuff places in you you can shrug off one debuff every second, this includes debuffs from suicide masteries or stuff like abominations poison. She also gains a precisions when she does this so that’s another bonus.

Finally the crits and red numbers. Elsa Bloodstone has the highest base crit rating in the game alongside Hit-Monkey. She also has access to lots of precision meaning that she can get (almost) guaranteed critical hits which is a great counter to armoured opponents. Now with great crits comes great red numbers.

All of these aspects combined means that Elsa Bloodstone has both good utility and damage. She melts opponents two or three times her own health in seconds. She also doesn’t need a signature ability but once it’s unlocked it’s definitely worth investing in as it just means more damage.

Overall I think she deserves a space in the god tier lineup

Comments

• WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I have a 5* R4 duped planning to take here to R5! She is a beast pretty good counter for Void or Thing!
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’m curious what you all think is her best rotation? I’ve been playing about with a 5* rank 3 recently - I’m still getting her down.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

@FiiNCH depends on fight length.

Shorter fights - get 3/4 busted debuffs on them and launch Sp1. Now you have high crit rate. Then just get to an L2 and slaughter them. If they survive that it’s a longer fights

Longer fights - get 2 busted on them and go for L1. Now alternate between Busted and Incinerate rounds until L3. Launch L3 whilst you have 3 rounds in both. From now on watch those cruelties and launch L1s or L2s. In these fights do try and keep up a 100% uptime on at least 1 precision buff.

Hope that was helpful

Really helpful, thanks!
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    TP33 said:

When Elsa Bloodstone was released she was kind of an afterthought. She was released in the month of Guillotine 2099 and Man-Thing, two of the most hyped champions of the time.

I know that I overlooked her but maybe I shouldn’t have. After receiving her as a 5* I’ve found that she is in fact very good for so much content.

Damage is great from the start no build required in previous fights or within the fight which is great for content like EQ. However the damage output does not dissipate over the duration of the fight, if anything it gets better. She also has access to a lot of crits and red numbers

Her debuffs are great. Busted is unique and there’s nobody who’s immune to it. The incinerate debuff is also good and it can be changed to a coldsnap. There’s only 3 (technically) champions who are immune to both (Silver Surfer, HT, Mystic Doombots)

Now an incinerate debuff is great, you can stack them and reduce regen. Coldsnap is also great, it shuts down all evasion which is a great and useful utility.

Debuff shrug off is also brilliant. If you have a non-damaging debuff places in you you can shrug off one debuff every second, this includes debuffs from suicide masteries or stuff like abominations poison. She also gains a precisions when she does this so that’s another bonus.

Finally the crits and red numbers. Elsa Bloodstone has the highest base crit rating in the game alongside Hit-Monkey. She also has access to lots of precision meaning that she can get (almost) guaranteed critical hits which is a great counter to armoured opponents. Now with great crits comes great red numbers.

All of these aspects combined means that Elsa Bloodstone has both good utility and damage. She melts opponents two or three times her own health in seconds. She also doesn’t need a signature ability but once it’s unlocked it’s definitely worth investing in as it just means more damage.

Isn't colossus immune to both
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Numan said:

TP33 said:

Isn't colossus immune to both
    Yeah I made a mistake. Mephisto, Collosus and Anihullus are also both immune
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    She was my first r3 5 star... Took her up instead of r5 4* Blade (contrary to what people were telling me) don't regret it one bit. Might even r4 her soon
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Ehhh I mean Elsa just doesn’t have quite enough utility for me to say she is god tier, her debuff shrug is nowhere near as good as other god tiers like ghost, aegon, and nick fury because she needs to have a non-damaging debuff in her, and while she is a good evade counter there are tons and tons of evade counters out there in the game and a lot of champions are immune to coldsnap so it isn’t the most reliable way to prevent evade, while she does have good damage it isn’t the most insane damage output in the world and not near other god tiers, if I am being honest I see her as a high demigod and I think that is where she should stay.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I agree completely. I don’t own the 5 or 6 star, but would probably R5/R2 her if I got one. I took up the 4* to play around with her and was really impressed with the damage and damage she has a ton of good utility. Definitely nowhere near the best in the skill class, but I would say she maybe sits around that Night Thrasher level.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

I own her as a 6 star, initially overlooked her when she came out. That 6* pull was a definite wake up call.

Same here. I was bit disappointed when I pulled her but I started playing a round with her while others champs were in AQ and aW and I fell in love. She’s a beast. Only thing I wish is she had a lil bleed resistance to go with her bleed mechanic.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Red hulk is also a problem with incinerates.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    You forgot the most important thing in her kit! The counter parry! Enemy dashing in and you're about to get hit? Just parry and you get a free combo. It even allows you to 4 light combo to stack buster debuffs quicker. I love spamming the light attack action at the beginning if the fight to attack first and place a buster on the opponent so that I can counter parry into another light combo, that way I can potentially stack 10 busters in her sp2
    edited June 2020
    Here is my rotation:

Short fights (same parameter as above): if they don’t evade I like to dump all busted debuffs first, then incinerate debuffs. If they do evade then rotate to keep coldsnap up. Then you can do one of two things. You can do the above OR power manage your bar at an sp2 and pop it right as your busted debuffs reload. Doing the second option right you can have about 7-8 busted debuffs on at a time when unduped. This results in HUGE damage bonus and I would rotate that. 🙂

I’ll send a video
    Sorry if I confused you guys.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    She only shrugs off non damaging debuffs every 2.6 seconds

It’s still nice
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Actually, If I understand her abilities correctly, while she’s under the effects of a non damaging debuff she shrugs off any type of debuff every 2.6 seconds, or am I wrong?

• LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Anyone else remember Seatin or Lagacy or Brian saying something about Kabam John at comic con telling them how to play to Doctor Octopus and Elsa? I found the Seatin video, but in it he only talks about Kabam John and Doc Ock not Elsa.

Anyway the point was I remember hearing that at that point no one had really discovered Elsa’s true potential or proper rotation which had me really curious and wondering if anyone’s figured it out since.

https://youtu.be/_mPzTZVk4nY
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    i just pulled her so ... i'll definitely look into playing her.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Great review. I just wanted to note that there’s actually a champion you missed who’s also immune to both incinerate and cold snap: Colossus.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Finally, enough people have played with Elsa to truly appreciate her. She really is a worthwhile champion. What really shines through is her consistency across match-ups. She doesn't have a ton of scenarios where she is "the best" option but across the board shes usually performs well as long as you can place debuffs and crits aren't punished. That's a lot of content where you can depend on her to deal high damage. Depending on your roster that can be really useful. If you have most champs at a high level she's easy to overlook but if you are building your roster and aren't in end game she can do a lot for you.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I've been slowly ranking her up. I think she didn't get all the hype because she's kind of complicated to play... like stealth spider and doc ock mixed? Gotta finish combos on the right kind of hit, throw the right special, etc. With aegon you just hit hit hit.