**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Most underrated champ

GazaGaza Posts: 17
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
A lot of champs get a bad press. Mostly deserved in many cases, but I feel some comes from people not knowing how to use them effectively or lacking a desire to use them because they don't fit their style.
Sure, they'll be a lot I've missed and some you feel don't belong

Most underrated champ 110 votes

Karnak
18%
OwGssEtaki_LirakoiVdh2008VavasourShrimkinsRandomlyGeneratedRockandrollinaDTKalYellsomeI_ForgotRaaAxeCopFirechozen_1neswanand188Tiago1980Sky_kittyAnonymous346DarkConfidant14RixobAbsy666 20 votes
Loki
10%
FrostySteelCurtainMUTCaptain_HeroIOSJasoNCaptainnomadMasterTroller42Ziprianoragnar0kDonybDrewbe14AntonioTheCoolJd__Suiter28 12 votes
Spider-Gwen
6%
Dave_the_destroyerSungjSpicyslicer1haunted_memoryDoctor_PatriotTheWolfmanNemesis666 7 votes
Ant Man
5%
NevvBSmokinSurferRiise81CorpsmanJ_PattMagrailothos 6 votes
Colossus
2%
Vision_41Username819273943Zzz 3 votes
Winter Soldier
56%
FlazinatorWARICK99UKnowULuvItsuperunknown012Mcord11758Whododo872CableKronos987654321SnizzbarSirnoobDrakon56MegaSkater67Noob_2yrsHarcourtmazeDarkstar4387ICRUSHYOUDEADSpity68vg2782sweetleafsixx66Chris_L_H 62 votes

Comments

• GazaGaza Posts: 17
    Some of the dynamics change at 5* and they become good champs. WS bleed at a high 5* is quite good and he becomes a good champ IMO and doesn't deserve as much flak as he gets. Where I feel Colossus doesn't change much from 4* to 5*.
    Some characters get improvements as the game updates or they serve to defeat a newer champ easier and deserve a second look. Spider-Gwen seems to have improved greatly recently IMO
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Venompool
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Winter Soldier
    Old man Logan but sense he isnt on here id go with WS
    Old man Logan but sense he isnt on here id go with WS

I've nothing against OML, I would feel the cats would be better spent.
    nameplas wrote: »
    Venompool

I'm not a fan. Falls into what I commented, doesn't fit my style or I don't know how to get the best use

• Winter Soldier
    I love my r4 5* WS. He bleeds good, has incinerate for those damn non-bleed opponents and he hits hard.....plus power drain :)
  • WrongWrong Posts: 51
    Winter Soldier
    Burn, robot, burn!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Winter Soldier
    WS easy. I started just before 12.0 so IDK if he was awful before that, but he's very good now with his power drain on crits. I think of him like a gambler's version of Hawkeye with the non-guaranteed drain and bleed but more reward when you do hit.
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    edited September 2017
    Winter Soldier
    WS is cool and useful but Karnak frankly I find him quite average, his sp 1 is useless, sp2 et 3 ok i guess...
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Winter Soldier
    WS is cool and useful but Karnak frankly I find him quite average, his sp 1 is useless, sp2 et 3 ok i guess...

His one purpose is to stop evaders, but you need to use S1 every time for that. He needs to be reworked for sure. Add dmg to s1 and/or make true strike permanent til you're struck like focus.
    I did have Karnak at 4* 5/5, but ranked him down as I felt he was lacking. Better use of those Cats. Plus he's not very dynamic or fun to fight with. Shame, because I had high hopes and grinded 5.5 million for him
  • J_PattJ_Patt Posts: 67
    edited September 2017
    Ant Man
    I think Antman is one of the most underrated champs, but you have to use him correctly to use him at his max potential. If you base your attacks on mostly using light attack combos and use his sp2 with a good amount of fatigues on the opponent the poison packs a nice punch. And when duped he becomes a highly durable champ with his glance ability, that can take a lot of damage.
  • Spider-Gwen
    J_Patt wrote: »
    I think Antman is one of the most underrated champs, but you have to use him correctly to use him at his max potential. If you base your attacks on mostly using light attack combos and use his sp2 with a good amount of fatigues on the opponent the poison packs a nice punch. And when duped he becomes a highly durable champ with his glance ability, that can take a lot of damage.

This, I find amazing to believe mate! But I voted spidergwen so what do I know
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I vote venom pool
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Ant Man
    J_Patt wrote: »

I agree. Ant man is a tank, has a really good defense Sig (which is effective against SP3s) and useful (if not inspiring) poison damage. Obviously he could be better (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/15671/ant-man-redesign#latest) but he doesn't deserve the negativity he gets.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    hawkeye
  • Winter Soldier
    hawkeye

Hawkeye isn't really underrated, everyone knows about him now since the Bautista challenge
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Winter Soldier
    Who picked Colossus smh
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Winter Soldier
    Not shown there but I vote venompool. Amazing bleed, nullify, and easy regen
    Winter Soldier
    nameplas wrote: »
    Venompool

Another believer, I love my R5
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    edited September 2017
    KhanMedina wrote: »

His one purpose is to stop evaders, but you need to use S1 every time for that. He needs to be reworked for sure. Add dmg to s1 and/or make true strike permanent til you're struck like focus.

I think his focus should have different tiers.
    Like, after not getting hit for 10 seconds, it gives you the regular crit buff (tier 1)
    After another 10, a crit damage buff (tier 2).
    After a final 10, a small (20% maybe?) power gain buff (tier 3).
    Works with the whole focus concept and compliments his kit. His special one would just move you up a tier.

I really do like Karnak, btw, and I'd say he's my favorite underrated character. He and most of the other characters on this list really just needs a little nudge. Or a huge push if we're talking about colossus.
  • Karnak
    I vote beast. but he isn't on here. Karnak out of the list
    Winter Soldier
    chozen_1ne wrote: »
    I vote beast. but he isn't on here. Karnak out of the list

Definitely another solid one. His power reduction on L2 is crazy good. Just wish it was his L1 and he would be a prime collector killer
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Karnak
    I don't know how can people say karnak is garbage.i won web slinger because of him of him. His l1 ignores evade(every few seconds he is losing class dissadvantage so he is good against crawler too) and armor. His l3 stops regen.and limbo. I really dont see him as garbage.have mine on r5.not even duped
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Karnak
    And i feel yellowjacket is underrated too...
  • I reckon civil warrior is under rated too.