**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Demoralization of Players due to AW

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom my internet connection is in and out right now, so apologies if I double tag you. What I just tried to say was something along these lines:

I don’t have much problem at all with Kabam buffing or not buffing champs. I actually think their choices have been decent in that respect. What I take issue with is the very intentional, severe reduction in possibly successful gameplay against some of these nodes.

I understand the concept of punishing one or two actions which forces me to utilize a different action or method of play. That I like and appreciate. But when it becomes impossible or only possible for one or two champs, that’s not fun at all.

I also don’t support people throwing accusations against other players, so I don’t support people accusing you of working for Kabam and the like. I am, however, curious from what level of gameplay you draw your conclusions.

I'm somewhere in the middle, so I get that it's easier for me to have choices. I don't dispute any arguments that the Nodes are punishing. I was more speaking in the general sense. Playing who we want as opposed to the best comes with a certain amount of enjoyment.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    Then I suppose we shall meet at some point in aw, because my alliance is done with aw. We’ll slide back to comfortably G1-2 instead of our regular plat. Gonna just get to top 45 aq instead, because this war debacle yet against shows that it’s designed to exact heavy price on the player.
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    Jrtiger23 said:

Why not just get rid of AW season?
    Just give better rewards for every AW battle?
    Don't mind HARD ASS nodes on AW with tactics,
    BUT please give us great rewards immediately!

Or increase non season rewards and let alliance choose if they want to be part of seasons. Two separate modes, those of us that want aw rewards but not the stress seasons and trying to make an entire alliance happy by hitting a certain level.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

This is almost a unanimous opinion/feedback. It’s a new, of course it’s gonna cause some issues but I think and the comments here shows it’s just too much...Kabam got it wrong.
    My concern/question is: why is Kabam getting it wrong most often? What is primarily driving these negative and bad decisions? These questions are just as important, cos that’s what motivate actions and decisions.

It’s not a unanimous feedback/opinion or even close to it. Most of the people (if not basically 100%) who are happy with things are not going on the forums to take time to post stuff, they just play the game. The people who are on the forums complaining, while being a VERY loud minority, make up a tiny % of the player base.
    The disagreements speak volumes...
    You’re right about a huge % of the player base not here on the forums, but go on line group chats and you read the same.
    Up until my comment, everyone was unhappy about it. You don’t need 100% of any group for feedback to know something is right or wrong...that’s why we have surveys.
    Unless you think most if not everyone participating in forum discussions are bias.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    If the rewards were better scaled to the difficulty I’d play aw. But they’re not even close. Fix this & I’ll return to aw. For now goodbye
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

And if you are getting too stressed playing a phone game then you need to toughen up. Life will be a rude awakening...

It's not even getting stressed out. It's the fact that Kabam has constantly overlooked the majority of the player base. When I look at the war rewards and then the nodes it doesn't motivate me to go play the game. Most of us don't stress out on this game we do however are getting burnt out because it is the same repetitive thing. AOL was a great addition but then we got Book 2 and it's so terrible they are reworking it. But even then that scares me because they spent months on this and it's been a disaster. Kabam is looking at this with a business perspective meaning they will only fit the needs for the top 1% of the player base.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I’m gonna be honest here, I actually really enjoyed the new war map. My alliance just did our first war today and it was a lot of fun, especially figuring out what defenders to place to cause the biggest headaches.
    However, I think these changes are horrible because the rewards do not match the difficulty. The difficulty is fun for me and my alliance, we’re gold 2, so there’s no defensive tactics and that attributes to it being fun, but the season rewards suck and need to be buffed since the difficulty was buffed.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    These node combinations on top of flow is just so aggravating. I hate how war results can be tainted by just one or two people dying to these crazy nodes and losing out on attack bonuses. There needs to be a major revamp to the map layout, season rewards for the difficulty jump in Gold 1 and up when tactics are introduced, and the bs attack bonus system. I'm afraid that these offensive tactics will do little to help with the current state especially against max limber opponents.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    So far from what I have noticed with the new map I can tell alliances are not using items or min just like us. We have won both aw so far because the opponent is over extending themselves and getting stuck. Once real season starts I can only imagine the headaches and problems and items it will take to finish the maps 100%.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

I’m gonna be honest here, I actually really enjoyed the new war map. My alliance just did our first war today and it was a lot of fun, especially figuring out what defenders to place to cause the biggest headaches.
    However, I think these changes are horrible because the rewards do not match the difficulty. The difficulty is fun for me and my alliance, we’re gold 2, so there’s no defensive tactics and that attributes to it being fun, but the season rewards suck and need to be buffed since the difficulty was buffed.

When you say 'did your first war', you mean attack phase too? Because while it's fun trying to mess with others, facing those same champs on those nodes really suck. With or without tactics.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Fundamentally where I think this new map fails is that there is no longer a safe place to just play for fun. I have played seasons in tier 6 wars and I have played seasons in tier 3-4. Tier 6 and below for me was just free rewards for some time spent. I would typically never boost and very rarely use a single item. Tier 3-4 I had 2 path deaths in season but all of my glory went to potions and I was always checking loyalty store for boost.

This new map makes all tiers harder and doesn’t compensate for most. If I wanted to casually play war the option really doesn’t exist anymore. Let’s see what the do with the feedback

This is my problem, I play tier 6 as it was nice and chilled, and as long as our weaker members could clear 4 fights without dying, myself and the other big guns could carry us to a win with relative ease, this new map doesn’t appear to allow that at all.

Mqc19 said:

@N3ko

“ I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much”

The fact the community only uses the same 20 champs in itself is kabams fault.

If they balanced the champs, and made all champs worthy of ranking in some respect then it would come down more to strategy vs now bringing the majority of available champs to most game modes leaves you at an instant disadvantage.

I know they said this is coming. I’m just stating this garbage fire is of their own making.

This I don't agree with completely. There's an entire machine that pushes popularity over on YouTube. I can't disagree that Champs being looked at is a priority, but it's only part of the problem. People are always going to pick their favorites. As long as there are favorites, they will shadow the others. The problem is this community is hyper-selective.
    You have a good point here with people having to pick their favorites and that’s normal. Even now with fewer OP champs, we still have our favorites. My favorite in these classes are Colossus, Hyperion, and Aegon. Others will have their own favorites. Now if most of the champs available in the contest are useful, we’ll have a more diverse and broad favorites meaning a lot of champs will be used on a regular basis compared to what we have now. So people asking for a balance in champs isn’t wrong and Kabam knows that, thus, roadmap states 2 buffs every month if I got it right.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    edited June 2020
    J0eySn0w said:

Mqc19 said:

@N3ko

“ I think Kabam are trying to make us use more diverse champs both in defense and attack (personally I think this is a good thing since the players only focus in placing and using the same 20 out of 100+ champs) but seriously some nodes are too much”

If they balanced the champs, and made all champs worthy of ranking in some respect then it would come down more to strategy vs now bringing the majority of available champs to most game modes leaves you at an instant disadvantage.

I know they said this is coming. I’m just stating this garbage fire is of their own making.

This I don't agree with completely. There's an entire machine that pushes popularity over on YouTube. I can't disagree that Champs being looked at is a priority, but it's only part of the problem. People are always going to pick their favorites. As long as there are favorites, they will shadow the others. The problem is this community is hyper-selective.
    You have a good point here with people having to pick their favorites and that’s normal. Even now with fewer OP champs, we still have our favorites. My favorite in these classes are Colossus, Hyperion, and Aegon. Others will have their own favorites. Now if most of the champs available in the contest are useful, we’ll have a more diverse and broad favorites meaning a lot of champs will be used on a regular basis compared to what we have now. So people asking for a balance in champs isn’t wrong and Kabam knows that, thus, roadmap states 2 buffs every month if I got it right.
    These are interesting points. The thing that jumps out to me the most is the timing of some of Kabam’s new content ideas, like the hazard shift (certainly not the most problematic node in the new awd, but just an example) which combines requiring two immunities not commonly provided in champs. To be sure, there may be one or two counters, and maybe Kabam plans to release a new champ in the near future or revamp an old champ to provide another counter to the problem they created in certain node requirements.

But this does not seem like the fairest order of operations. One or two champs who can possibly deal with a new node does not provide enough chance for any given alliance to be able to fairly defeat it. Requiring skill to do it is fine in my book. I’m all about skill being a required entity. But to make it impossible even with skill unless I’ve paid to open 30 featured cavs and get the specific new champ that can counter it? That’s unfair.

It smacks of the lesson supposedly learned with the Act 7 beta, with certain nodes being impossible without one specific new champ (like Red Guardian, for instance).

J0eySn0w said:

Mqc19 said:

@N3ko

These are interesting points. The thing that jumps out to me the most is the timing of some of Kabam’s new content ideas, like the hazard shift (certainly not the most problematic node in the new awd, but just an example) which combines requiring two immunities not commonly provided in champs. To be sure, there may be one or two counters, and maybe Kabam plans to release a new champ in the near future or revamp an old champ to provide another counter to the problem they created in certain node requirements.

But this does not seem like the fairest order of operations. One or two champs who can possibly deal with a new node does not provide enough chance for any given alliance to be able to fairly defeat it. Requiring skill to do it is fine in my book. I’m all about skill being a required entity. But to make it impossible even with skill unless I’ve paid to open 30 featured cavs and get the specific new champ that can counter it? That’s unfair.

It smacks of the lesson supposedly learned with the Act 7 beta, with certain nodes being impossible without one specific new champ (like Red Guardian, for instance).
    @MetaphorUranium You’ve been making good points and this isn’t any different.
    I have same concerns, I’m all about skill too but I guess it doesn’t put money in Kabam’s pockets so into the garbage it goes. Certain node combinations are just pure torment and the msg it sends is “just pay us”. Interesting how you put it “problem they created”. Disclaimer: I may be wrong but I think everything is going wrong cos Kabam now focus too much on money in their pockets, and that is the drive behind most of these negative decisions. Of course, we shouldn’t play this game at their expense but a healthy and fair balance is needed. There other avenues to generate money from consumers. For example, I think the monthly sigil is a great idea, I’m not saying what it offers is the best but idea was good imo. Ever since it came out, I’ve gone for it every month. To increase revenue in that area but bringing more summoners on board, they could incentivize it somehow just thinking out loud.

I strongly believe, some of these bad decisions will drive people away. I already stepped back and was looking forward to this roadmap. We’d have to wait and see how things turn out.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

When you say 'did your first war', you mean attack phase too? Because while it's fun trying to mess with others, facing those same champs on those nodes really suck. With or without tactics.
    Obviously. I had fun with the new nodes. Other than I didn’t realize that the second safeguard node in section two also has a limber on it and I almost died.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Obviously. I had fun with the new nodes. Other than I didn’t realize that the second safeguard node in section two also has a limber on it and I almost died.
    Intermediate map? just guessing since I haven't seen safeguard where I am. Looks much more fun, but up top the nodes are pretty ****.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

walkerdog said:

@GroundedWisdom i would be very interested to see what you think are the solution attacking champs for some of these ridiculous aw node combinations. What tier do you play in? What does your roster look like? When Kabam has narrowed the list of attacking champs who can have any hope of one-shotting a certain node/buff/global/champ combo (assuming perfect play) to *one or two champs*, that is unfair and punitive to expect an alliance to be able to deal with. Surprise me - post video of you oneshotting an entire lane 5 or 9 in tier 1-5. I will be the first to sing your praises.

As far as I know he hasn't finished act 5 so you'll be waiting for a little while most likely
    Is the GroundedWisdom account I can find in the search his account? Or does he have a different ign? I’m confused lol.
    No. Different name. I don't post it out in the open, for obvious reasons. Not that it's a secret. It's been blasted before. Lol.
    Gotcha. I’m just curious is all. I’ve read so much of your content on these forums, I’m just curious what level of play and experience causes so much support for Kabam even as they do stuff like this aw debacle.
    This guy has taken almost 5 years to beat ROL for the first time and then complains that he can’t do epic modok labs without using too many items. So that should give you an idea of how skill level.
    "This guy" never complained about taking too many Items for Labs. He made a point about consistency with Epics. Might help to actually read the words I post.

My apologies - this seems like a perfectly reasonable amount of items to use and fail.
    You think I was complaining about what I had to use? No. I'm a big boy. I choose to spend on my own. The point of that comment was that I gave it another go, and it was a pass for me. You usually get context when you follow along instead of making points to use as ammo for calling people out. Best of luck next time.
    Not trying to disparage. I have no horse in this argument but that "I'm a big boy" gives the "Moommmm, stop calling me your little baby, I'm a big boy now" typa vibes. I'm sorry but that's the way it looks XD
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

walkerdog said:

@GroundedWisdom i would be very interested to see what you think are the solution attacking champs for some of these ridiculous aw node combinations. What tier do you play in? What does your roster look like? When Kabam has narrowed the list of attacking champs who can have any hope of one-shotting a certain node/buff/global/champ combo (assuming perfect play) to *one or two champs*, that is unfair and punitive to expect an alliance to be able to deal with. Surprise me - post video of you oneshotting an entire lane 5 or 9 in tier 1-5. I will be the first to sing your praises.

As far as I know he hasn't finished act 5 so you'll be waiting for a little while most likely
    Is the GroundedWisdom account I can find in the search his account? Or does he have a different ign? I’m confused lol.
    No. Different name. I don't post it out in the open, for obvious reasons. Not that it's a secret. It's been blasted before. Lol.
    Gotcha. I’m just curious is all. I’ve read so much of your content on these forums, I’m just curious what level of play and experience causes so much support for Kabam even as they do stuff like this aw debacle.
    This guy has taken almost 5 years to beat ROL for the first time and then complains that he can’t do epic modok labs without using too many items. So that should give you an idea of how skill level.
    "This guy" never complained about taking too many Items for Labs. He made a point about consistency with Epics. Might help to actually read the words I post.

My apologies - this seems like a perfectly reasonable amount of items to use and fail.
    You think I was complaining about what I had to use? No. I'm a big boy. I choose to spend on my own. The point of that comment was that I gave it another go, and it was a pass for me. You usually get context when you follow along instead of making points to use as ammo for calling people out. Best of luck next time.
    Not trying to disparage. I have no horse in this argument but that "I'm a big boy" gives the "Moommmm, stop calling me your little baby, I'm a big boy now" typa vibes. I'm sorry but that's the way it looks XD
    Fair enough. I just meant that I never complain about what I use. If I'm mentioning how much I used, there's a point behind it.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Personally I'm indifferent to alliance war. I stay in gold 1/2 purposefully to avoid high level AW so I don't have to waste items on the game mode. I was in 2 separate alliances that completely disbanded after everyone pointed fingers at each other after war losses so I don't think anything they can really do to make me like AW again. The structure would have to drastically change.

I only play it currently for the loyalty.
  • Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    my alliance, which is/was tier 9, and G3 at the end of last season with hopes of G2, played the first war of this off week, and didnt go back.

When we jumped from less than 10 kills each side to 70something defender kills for us compared to 80something defender kills for our opponents, we realized just how bogus this was.

When you change the maps/nodes expect adjustments, sure, we get that. It takes time to learn. Yes, we get that too.

But a 7-8x difference?

Were gonna pick up again this wednesday, but there is talk of us shifting to AQ focused if this continues.