**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Amping Up Alliances

Comments

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

In the short term road map there was mention of updated to the map 5 AI. This mention has been notably absent from both the Prelude to the Road Map and in this posting today.

Is this a simple oversight or are these changes off the table?

Map5 is free maybe they forgot about it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Mcord117 said:

I agree with you @DNA3000 but I am not certain that is how kabam views it

Your uncertainty is probably well justified.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

TL:DR version: “Changed many things, really. In a global sense, streamlining, the whole ongoing enterprise of it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DtR3Oyq5a8

Yup alright you win comment of the day.
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    Markjv81 said:

Although 45 minute timers are great, it feels like you aren’t making them 30 minutes purely because that’s what majority of players ask for. It just feels like bare minimum again, players asked for 30 so will just make it 45 so it looks like we are giving them at least something. There doesn’t seem to be a logical reason to choose 45 over 30.

For some reason, they are obsessed with forcing us to log in numerous times per day to clear AQ/AW.....

These changes still help alleviate the pressure, hopefully the link/node improvements do so even further although there is of course no timeline for that....

AW is still a disaster and these undisclosed changes that should happen prior to s19 are going to determine if more people quit or stay. Gotta believe we won't get any of that info till post-July 4th as they are trying to appease everyone to spend with promises and no actual info/dates.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    walkerdog said:

No reward changes in plat4 and down. Well i will skip this season it seems. All the other changes are good.

@CometEarth they said they understood that gold and below weren't rewarded enough I believe?
    Plat 4 is above gold....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I still can't get behind shocking the system into different Matches unless there's some type of system to prevent people from being overpowered by Matches they will never win, and something in place to stop the Tanking in Tiers 6 and below. There are ways this could have been mitigated properly without doing it at the expense of Alliances who work just as hard, and whose only fault is they're not the highest Alliances. These people will have their Season sacrificed just to change the syatem, when a better option for Rewards was possible. Perhaps that's what was implied with the attention to Brackets in the future, but at the moment, I still feel compelled to voice my concern. I appreciate the positives coming.
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    walkerdog said:

No reward changes in plat4 and down. Well i will skip this season it seems. All the other changes are good.

@CometEarth they said they understood that gold and below weren't rewarded enough I believe?
    Yeap their exact words were "address them in the future" .The future can be a very long time and the season start next week and based on the thing on the list it wont be on this season. I hope i am wrong.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

Although 45 minute timers are great, it feels like you aren’t making them 30 minutes purely because that’s what majority of players ask for. It just feels like bare minimum again, players asked for 30 so will just make it 45 so it looks like we are giving them at least something. There doesn’t seem to be a logical reason to choose 45 over 30.

The logical reason to choose 45 over 30 is that it is a compromise between 60 minutes and 30 minutes. Someone somewhere at Kabam thinks lower timers are damaging, and there are players that also feel that way, and even though I think they are trivially provably wrong, Kabam may feel overall they have to honor that perspective in this case with a compromise.

I don't think that's the best trade off, but it is not an illogical trade off. I think the fundamental idea that more energy is harmful is illogical, but it isn't necessarily illogical to sometimes give illogical players a compromise rather than just ignore them entirely. If we get *enough* to mitigate timer issues and they think they were not completely ignored, I'm fine with moving on and seeing where we are with the new energy system before considering if it is good enough.
    Maybe my wording was incorrect or I didn’t explain myself properly, I agree with what you said, I also think 45minute timers plus increase starting energy and cap will make a huge difference and is probably good enough, it just seems 30 minutes wouldn’t have changed it all that much more.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

The logical reason to choose 45 over 30 is that it is a compromise between 60 minutes and 30 minutes. Someone somewhere at Kabam thinks lower timers are damaging, and there are players that also feel that way, and even though I think they are trivially provably wrong, Kabam may feel overall they have to honor that perspective in this case with a compromise.

I don't think that's the best trade off, but it is not an illogical trade off. I think the fundamental idea that more energy is harmful is illogical, but it isn't necessarily illogical to sometimes give illogical players a compromise rather than just ignore them entirely. If we get *enough* to mitigate timer issues and they think they were not completely ignored, I'm fine with moving on and seeing where we are with the new energy system before considering if it is good enough.
    Generally I’m personally don’t like everything one kabam this with AQ I’m really liked I’m ofcasse had hoped the cap was raised to 8 energy then the star energy culd be 5. And then leav the 1 huers it wil meant u can sleep to ofcasse 6 huers is like a nor
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 45
    The Pre-enrollment for a AQ will not be ready until at least 2021. So, the officers still have to be attached to their phones at the end of a AQ in order to start a new one right away. Little disappointed in this timeframe.
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 45
    Also, would have liked to see all 3 minis on the map and you get to choose which one to fight. Could add a requirement that each mini needed to be fought each week. For instance, on map 5, you can choose to fight Red Skull 3 of the days, but you have to fight Mister Fantastic and Human Torch at least once. This could be applied to each section. Hopefully, this is part of the Choose of Your Adventure thing they are planning
  • Mr_ZMr_Z Posts: 29
    I Love the changes to alliance quest energy timers & cap. Given all the emergency maintenance this week, is there any reason we can't change the timer immediately? @Kabam Miike
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

A lot of the AW stuff sounds like a wishlist I'm not putting much faith in.

That's a fair point. I'm optimistic that they will at least improve war even if all their goals are not fully realized. Their goals have changed for the better which should result in positive change. I need to see the changes before I care about war again but I'm optimistic lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Yash1379 said:

Bro what? Now when I emptied the Alliance Energy I could be free for like 4h 55m but now the timer is even reduced to 4h 25m to check again and again...... That'll create the pressure to move because I have energy, at least increase the energy cap to 10, please

I can't tell if this is serious or not, so I'm going to assume it is serious. First, the only reason to feel compelled to move when energy is full is because you don't want to waste energy. But under the new timer you have almost 25% more energy to complete the map. In effect we started with three and then got potentially 24 more energy one per hour. You can't really use the last one as it arrives when AQ ends, so you had 23+3=26 energy. If you slept eight hours, you'd lose an additional three energy as if you played efficiently and burned all your energy before you went to sleep you'd recharge five and then lose three. So your total energy budget was 23 energy. (I suspect we start with three to counterbalance the three we lose over an eight hour sleep period).

Under the new AQ energy rules, we will start with four, we cap at six, and we recharge in 45 minutes. That means our daily energy budget gives us 24 / 0.75 = 32 energy from the timer, plus 4 to start, equals 36. Once again, call that 35 as you can't use the last one. Over an eight hour sleep period we would gain 8/.75 = 10.7 ~ 11 energy, we'd cap at six and lose 5. So our total energy budget is now 30. Net, players have gained seven points of energy.

Whatever reasons people have for believing they should now use energy faster and more frequently, they are wrong. This isn't Brewsters Millions: you don't get credit for using more energy. You just have to complete the map. You now have more energy, and you get it faster. This is 100% an advantage for all players everywhere under all conditions so long as they don't completely use their minds and just play reasonably. Anyone who turns this into a negative is doing it to themselves, and I recommend they avoid doing that out of their own self-interest.
    Exactly. Everyone benefits from this unless they convince themselves that they need to move faster for no reason. I've wanted 30 minute timers for years but I'll take the compromise. We can now login less, do more fights when we do login, and if someone can't login or drop a node on day one it doesn't have to result in everyone scrambling and getting on often day 2.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Aq stuff sounds promising. Still staying away from aw this season

• Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Aw rewards are trash for plat and below!! Where is this buff that was spoken of ?
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    DNA3000 said:

I think tie breakers could have prevented a lot of misery.

Or Kabam could just add a scoring metric that would be almost impossible to tie on to split the difference... Something like "Attack Efficiency" where the alliance that has a lower overall time spent in fight/less damage taken/some other metric gains additional points. It could even be structured in a way that it only comes into play in the event of a tie in the existing score system.

That's just the first thing that pops into my mind thinking about it. But the upshot is, there's plenty of hypothetical ways for Kabam to ensure a war always results in a 'W' for one team if that's what they want. Somewhere along the line, Kabam forgot that they have more tools at their disposal than just "Increase Difficulty" -- as true for War as for the rest of the game.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Just to hop in, I really wish Kabam would be more specific with some of these changes and when they plan on being implemented. I completely understand that they've only just begun brainstorming some of these items, so they're not going to have a complete idea regarding timetable.

But things like AQ timer changes sound as though they are past the inception stage. When can we see those? And while I like the idea of AQ officer tools (setting maps ahead of time and seeing future variations) some of this seems possible to implement now. Why not do it in 2 parts, with an immediate patch, and another later on with more advanced tools?

I say this not to complain or harp on the past, but because I think setting reasonable expectations on time frames is extremely important. Especially with this next roadmap, it's supposed to discuss more control on the RNG. I think it's crucial to know when we can expect to see changes to the current crystals as well as if any changes are coming at all.

They said the timer changes would be July, so sometime within the next few weeks if I had to take a stab in the dark